Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443532 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2760 on: February 16, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »

Referee =/= moderation. Referee = awarding points for verbal finesse and impact of statements. A verbal dance-off, if you will. I believe the monocles across the pond call it a 'debate'.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:22 pm »

I think we're handling ourselves pretty well. I'm not the best judge though.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:03 pm »

Cthulhu, this is between me and vector anyway, it's none of your bis. I get to take enough crap already without you dragging me down with some sad attempt at internet wit.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:06 pm »

Cthulhu, this is between me and vector anyway, it's none of your bis. I get to take enough crap already without you dragging me down with some sad attempt at internet wit.

The highlighted part explains your entire presence on this board these days better than I could ever word.

Thanks for playing guys! Tune in next time!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 16, 2010, 08:44:06 pm »

You are so arrogant sometimes Armok. Vector was not specifically talking to you. She told everyone about this. If it was between you and Vector, it would be in PM form. And in responding to it, you are presenting your ideas and thoughts to others, for them to comment on. So just take it. Understand that others have the right to refute your points and arguments.

And how do you have 'so much going on in your life' when your last post states that there's only one problem in your life?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:10 pm »

1. Stop trying to kill each other.  This is between me and "things that made me sad today," not between me and the Vector's Parents Are Annoying Advisory Board.

2. I'll be back with more of a response later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:15 pm »

Arrogant? That depends on your definitions, I'm just sick of people claiming people can do stuff people cant and that they can't do stuff they can. That I guess is why I try to help/identify with vector here, it's a similar situation.

I kow a LOT about psychology, philosophy, and related subjects. For some reason, peaple seem to think there are no such thing and that their uneducated intutions are just as good as my careful analysis, because they think it's just "opinion". This attitude pisses me of.
Likewise, the fact that I have personal problems does not disqualify me from giving phsycological advice any more than being blind disqualifies someone from giving advice about optics.

Thirdly, I'm SICK of arguing, especialy over the net, why won't people just leave me alone? You all act like I were delusional, I'm not, there is more than one kind of way brains can break.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:43 pm »

I has become curious.
I kow a LOT about psychology, philosophy, and related subjects.
Where did you learn that?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 16, 2010, 09:13:36 pm »

Thirdly, I'm SICK of arguing, especialy over the net
Then why are you arguing? This could have been over awhile ago, but you insist on continuing it. Right or wrong, you won't be changing anyone's minds so easily, so just let it go.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:31 pm »

Okay guys, enough is enough.
Leave Armok be.

The best tactic for ending an argument is to simply let it be.

Then why are you arguing? This could have been over awhile ago, but you insist on continuing it. Right or wrong, you won't be changing anyone's minds so easily, so just let it go.

This is not a good way to end an argument.

Quote from: what should've happened
Okay, then let's stop arguing.

This is a good way to end an argument.

That is all.
Goodnight.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 16, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »

Yeah, this can't be healthy for me. I promise to stop calling Armok out as much as I do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 16, 2010, 09:54:29 pm »

In which Vector leaves a thread for 1.5 hours, and it explodes in a flood of madness.

Do you hear yourself? She's repeated her lies and delusions to you she has almost made you believe them. Her behaviour is extremely selfish and downright retarded. She is projecting herself on others and have way unrealistic expectations. You are a good person and should not have to live with that, now go tell her that SHE is the one who have to get over it, and realize not all people are identical in their capabilities! >:(

Her behaviour is inexcusable, stop making excuses for her. Now go tell her to change and show you some damned respect, or else...

My mother is paying for my college education at an excellent university, and allowing me to continue school for the entire 4 years even though I could have graduated in 2.5.  This will likely destroy a lot of her dreams for the future--she could have used that money for something else really important to her.  My hopes are coming at the expense of hers.

People are selfish at the same time as they are grand and giving.  I cannot condemn her for being imperfect, and I cannot move forward without considering her feelings--since otherwise she'll just feel hurt, and everything will be terrible.

Thank you, however, for caring.  I really appreciate it.

Armok, shut the hell up. You barely know how to handle your life as it is, don't go making demands into situations you know a lot less than you think you do.

And even then you're only doing this because Vector is a woman. Say what you want but you know it's true.

Don't hate yourself over it though Vector. We all don't get along with our parents, they can be jerks but... Well people are people.

And a thank you to you as well, equally appreciated.  It's good to hear some balance to others' opinions.

I think it would be best if everybody stopped attacking each other.

Seconded.  I really appreciate everyone's advice and kind words, and I'm pleased to hear your differing opinions.  It makes me sad, however, that you feel a need to attack each other based on your feelings for... some random person on the internet?  I'm not lying, but I'm also not worth fighting each other over.

By the way, the reason I can't handle my own life is a specific handicap, the kind of high-level, abstract advice I'm giving here is not affected by that. I have pretty damn good phsycology grades, and vectors mum looks like almost a textbook case.

And WTF? Why whould you get the idea I considered anything black and white? And why the F*** is peaple acusing me of sexism?

I'm just trying to ****** help.

*sigh*  The reason why this is a problem is because I'm exposing the parts that make Vector's mum look like a textbook case, just as when I expose certain aspects of my behavior/personality I end up looking like I have Asperger's of some severity.  You're looking at things in a black and white way by virtue of my personal omissions.  I can make my mother look like the best mother ever--giving, caring, loving beyond all reason.  I can make myself look like a wonderfully social person, who gets every trick that one might need to see.  I can also make my mother look like a crazy hag, and myself as a disabled, put-upon, and half-insane psychobitch.  It's a little bit like those photos taken of political candidates: in the right moment, they look like angels.  In the wrong moment, they look like they want to kill everyone.  It's the same person, and we think of them differently based on different moments.  We extrapolate from a millisecond to an entire personal universe.

For more clarity, it's because you're not seeing through the framing effect that's in play here.

You're getting accused of sexism because it seems that you're white-knighting and being cavalier for a woman, rather than for an arbitrary person--and the implication is that you think women need more defending than men do.  You should decide for yourself which it is, because I don't feel capable of judging you.

There is exactly one problem in my life that I can't handle. Vector dosn't have that one. And to me, it seems pretty damn abstract, I basically am acting as a slightly more advanced version of ELIZA.

If you mean "go face your issues," then yes, it's abstract.  The part where it becomes concrete is when you add in the emotional flavor with which you suggested I confront her--using words such as "demand," and so on.  That makes more sense, right?  I agree with you, of course, that it's not a good idea to run away, and it's generally a good idea to work towards a better future.  The question is "what is feasible" and "what will the outcomes be."  It's a situation I'm still studying very carefully in hopes of getting along well some day.

Sorry to hear that.  Take care of yourself, yes?

So just take it. Understand that others have the right to refute your points and arguments.

Others have the right to refute his points and arguments, but I'm kind of sick of people trying to beat the crap out of Armok.  If he's being insulting, then fine--whatever.  We can fight insults with insults.  There's no reason to be dicks to each other just because we give bad or unwanted advice sometimes.  "Refuting points and arguments" is different from "upbraiding someone at length--to the point of dogpiling--whenever he says something you disagree with or think is insensitive."

Well, anyway.  I'm sad we aren't getting along better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 16, 2010, 10:21:26 pm »

Alright guys, this is the thread where sad stuff is reported, not made.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 16, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »

I'm on the most time online list.
:V

Josh still holds the record for longest, Jifodus isn't a real person.

Wait, maybe he is.  This is odd.  I am sorry Jifodus if you are real.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 16, 2010, 10:26:04 pm »

Seconded.  I really appreciate everyone's advice and kind words, and I'm pleased to hear your differing opinions.  It makes me sad, however, that you feel a need to attack each other based on your feelings for... some random person on the internet?  I'm not lying, but I'm also not worth fighting each other over.
It saddens too Vector, when people belittle themselves by taking part in these petty arguments on the internet where there could have been pleasant discussion.

I think that you should all take a good look in the mirror and see the creatures you have become. No longer do I see the kind and peaceful bay12 fourmites of yore but gluttons of hate and wrath no man would dare approach.

Alright guys, this is the thread where sad stuff is reported, not made
Alas fair Joshua. It has become a prophecy self-fulfilled.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 8167