Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7318 7319 [7320] 7321 7322 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9485639 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109785 on: December 30, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »

Go home, Roland, you're drunk.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109786 on: December 30, 2016, 10:19:54 pm »

Childe Roland to the drunk tower came?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109787 on: December 30, 2016, 10:24:30 pm »

Hey, I got drunk today too. Invited a friend to dine to celebrate my prospective job offer. Bought a very expensive champagne whose name I can't even remember but was really good.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109788 on: December 30, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »

Err.... I read an academic article on how champagne is made today. Does that count?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109789 on: December 30, 2016, 10:34:22 pm »

I drank me some schwarzbier today, if that counts.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109790 on: December 30, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »

I have no idea what to do with myself. My life goals at this point have settled to "get a college degree" and "get a job that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out". Then I guess find somewhere to live on my own and support myself. Then probably work until I die. Don't really care about being the best at things anymore. Lost interest in most hobbies. I used to think I'd be able to be some big influential person and make some lasting impact on the world. Don't expect that now. I don't even expect to be able to start a family, considering the prices of things like a house or cars or college. Everything just gets more and more expensive. And I have no friends and never had a girlfriend.

Future just looks bleak and dull and empty. I have ideas of how to improve myself and improve my life but there's little motivation or drive to do so.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109791 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:52 pm »

Edit: Haha ignore this, I'm fine, just drank too much
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:40:08 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109792 on: December 30, 2016, 11:45:14 pm »

Right now I'm disappointingly sober (well, I've just started working on my first can of cheap, weak swill), but later on I should be incredibly smashed indeed, all going well!

Annoyingly, all of my close friends are sorta scattered around the city at different events, or out of town.
I think I'm just gonna go see some bands, then probably head over to a friend's party after midnight. Should be fun. Hopefully.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109793 on: December 31, 2016, 01:39:17 am »

Err.... I read an academic article on how champagne is made today. Does that count?

Gosh, I thought it was made years ago! ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109794 on: December 31, 2016, 07:00:50 am »

My life goals at this point have settled to "get a college degree" and "get a job that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out".

Where we are going we won't need eyes to see
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109795 on: December 31, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »

So it's midnight. I actually wanted to post it 30 minutes ago but started writing more.
I feel like I should do something. Something significant. But nothing that would actually matter to me is really doable or a good idea. Somehow it's even worse than the christmas, the fact I'm just sitting at home alone and there is literally nothing different about this day than any other, except a lot of background noise. I could go outside but...

...the problem is I don't have a problem with not doing anything special. The problem is that I'm just completly and utterly alone. Everyone who matters to me doesn't care about me. Don't take me wrong guys, but I won't really be moved if you say I do to you. I actually really don't, your life wouldn't be different without me. In the end, both You and I are just pieces of text sitting on computer screen. Real people underneath, but in reality just mere masks that are as easily created as they are lost. It's easy to say things here. Very easy. It's easy to lie and it's easy to tell the truth, but in the end there is no way to distinguish.
I'm just tired of trying to be happy and just go with it and hope that maybe someone will think I'm anything more than a statist. That's what I have been all my life, a background NPC, a noise in others peoples lifes. I'm tired that every time it's bad, even when I think of going to kill myself, I gather faith and strength and say that no, that I must fight, that one day I will get better and things will be better and everything will be nicer. That the world is against me because it wouldn't be fair otherwise.
I've read once that life either breaks you or it kills you. It doesn't seem to really be a thing for most people, but I think it was for me. I belived that I will not give up and if I'm going to fall, it's going to be death due to reasons I don't really have control over. That I will go on, I will not fail. I found streght in many things. Faith of the church, a false sense of solidarity with people, singing crappy songs and praising Gods that I never actually truly believed in. Then such simple things as goddamn Imperial prayers of WH40k, things to at least imitate faith I lost. Then actual faith, but this time faith in humanity, that we are great and there is great future ahead. Arrogance, thinking that I am somehow special and a sort of hero of a story, that I might somehow help that future become. Then love, which brought me more harm than good. Then I thought that if I can't be the good guy I at least have a good buildup to be the bad guy. Either die as a hero or live long to see yourself become villain, eh?
Yesterday I got angry, I'd like to say irrationally, but I'm tired of constricting myself to not seem like I'm deranged or something. I got angry because I look at other people and see that they are... normal. They have lifes, sometimes happy, sometimes not so, but in the end there is always... connection. I don't have such things. I don't matter. I'm literally noone. Just a shadow amids thousands of shadows. You don't even have to blink to not see it, you can stare at it straight on but still not see it.
I think that's the tragedy. It's not mine, mind you, there are thousands, tens of thousands, thousands of thousands people out there, also being noones. And there will be more. That's true evil now - we just don't matter.

They started the fireworks.

EDIT: Oh, and happy new year. You're going to need it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:02:30 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109796 on: December 31, 2016, 11:55:16 pm »

Just... fuck this year.  Good riddance.
Barely able to stay awake long enough to give it the middle finger on its way out.
Not even mostly talking about all the cool celebrities who died.  Or politics.  This year just sucked for me personally.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109797 on: January 01, 2017, 12:18:40 am »

Just... fuck this year.  Good riddance.
Barely able to stay awake long enough to give it the middle finger on its way out.
Not even mostly talking about all the cool celebrities who died.  Or politics.  This year just sucked for me personally.

Give it the middle finger while you sleep ;)  lol

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109798 on: January 01, 2017, 12:21:15 am »

Oh 2016... from dream depths I flip the bird at thee :P
She/they

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109799 on: January 01, 2017, 12:26:03 am »

Don't speak too soon.

T-19 Days and counting.
Pages: 1 ... 7318 7319 [7320] 7321 7322 ... 8167