Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89028 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 42: most useless turn EVER)
« Reply #510 on: January 21, 2010, 09:10:32 pm »

and what is a dwarf above ground but an odd short alchaholic with a tendency to tinker? and a beard of course....

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:42 pm »

To quote... something. Dwarves above ground are the same as dwarves below ground: "Angry beer-soaked beards on legs"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2010, 01:20:44 am »

ehhh find elves then id rather not try dwarfs now

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2010, 01:54:59 am »

I thought it would be important for keeping track of whether or not Leech still needs to put on his armour or if I'm actually wearing my lightning repelling amulet when Flint rolls a six.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:45 am »

Ah, yes you are, I'm feeling lazy at the moment, but when I post the turn I'll modify the inventory to show what's equipped.(yes, you are wearing the amulet... yes, you might need it)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2010, 01:14:15 pm »

Oops, I though I was still waiting for Diakron, but I forgot he's unconscious... I just woke up, but I'll post the turn later today.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2010, 04:37:59 pm »

hmm i thought i said to wake up.. sorry :P
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 42: what did these poor dwarves ever do to you?!)
« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2010, 07:16:54 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Blow the rubble up for not harbouring anything useful while I await the return of the crew.
[1+1] You consider taking your frustrations out on the innocent rocks, but think better of it after considering where the shrapnel would go. Namely, your face. On the bright side, the rest of the crew has returned, and reports that they have found a ruined mage's tower, and there is probably something that could be used for an engine inside... there are also probably a large number of dangerous freaks of nature inside, mages in this realm can make a living off nothing but airship manufacture with relative ease, and tend to develop strange hobbies to fill their free time.

Quote from: Jervous
Attempt to make an earth enchanted shield out excess stone.
[4+1]You decide you still need better defenses, and so grab a large slab of rock and enchant it to be weightless, yet strong as iron. You then fashion a simple grip for it and strap your new shield to your back.
earth magic(no epic fails, 1/8 exp.)
stone shield(+1 against ranged attacks)

Quote from: stonemt
extend my power into the dark to use it to see.. sort of... more like get a image of the shapes of whatever is in it... and try to learn how to as a passive ability instead of just doing it as a one time thing.
[5+1] You try to use your powers to gain some sense of your surroundings, but your mind is assulted by a massive stream of information about everything within a huge area. It seems this world relies on senses other than the usual five... and you just enhanced them far beyond what is practical.(the "secret roll" last turn was too see if you noticed that you could sense your surroundings already... you got a 1)
dark magic(10/32 exp.)
6th-sense overload(-2 to movement until you can make sense of all the data)

Quote from: Diakron
wake up
[1] You wake up for a moment, long enough to see that you are being carried deeper into the forest by a group of strangely dressed elves. Your elemental and the dwarves following it are nowhere to be seen, but probably nearby as it can sense the location of the phylactery. The elves then knock you out again. Lucky you.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Reverse it!!!
I thought arcane made more sense than light because it was really not "healing" them, just a minor change in the way their eyes function, but I hadn't thought about the priest skill... I'll change the last action to give exp. to it instead.
[6] You should probably calm down a bit before doing magic. Now you've got them throwing up again. Maybe you should just quit when you're ahead not too far behind.
priest(no epic fails, 1/8 exp.)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Land on the ground and finda human elven villge to rape,burn eat and to please the elder god
[4] These elven villages are a pain to find, what with the total lack of buildings. Nonetheless, you manage to find one, and commence your next random rampage of destruction. [4] You have destroyed: 25% of the town, but the defenders just showed up, bows drawn.

Quote from: Nivm
I begin a small telekinesis exercise by lifting pieces of rubble, carrying them to my hand, then sending them back right where they started. I begin with pebbles, but use a larger piece each time until I find my weight limit.
[1]Hmm... it appears you weight limit is roughly... zero. The heaviest thing you can seem to lift is dust, everything else just wobbles a bit.
Edit: huh, it appears I didn't copy the last bit of the turn. Not that it makes much difference...
[3,3] No change whatsoever. Your potion elemental remains exactly as it was.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:06:57 am by dragnar »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:16 pm »

!!wake up!!

that should be fun :D
Back to Mafia with me!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2010, 01:24:20 am »

I have a distinct feeling they probably hate me by now...

Time to bugger off, get in the chariot and fly into the sky.

And one more thing... It's been three turns...
 FIRE AT ABADDON!!!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2010, 03:20:17 am »

Take the crew members who found the tower and head off to the tower blowing up anything even slightly hostile outside of it.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 25, 2010, 06:11:21 am »

Shadow i destroyed your sattelite
MAKE GAITN FIREBALLS AND KILSL THE DEFENDERS!! LET THE FELHOUDNS EAT THEM AND USE A FEW OF THEM TO SACRIFICE THEM!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:30 am »

Shadow i destroyed your sattelite
Nope...

Quote from: jetsquirrel
Start manipulating ground to make it pressurized so that i can launch magma far into to the sky against the sattelite
[1] You pressurize magma, trying to force it to explode upward, destroying the cannon. It works too! Now if only you hadn't been standing on top of it when it did... You go flying through the air, up past the (completely unharmed) orbital cannon and then begin to fall back to earth. This could hurt...
Now be a good demonic entity and become extra-crispy.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2010, 12:12:05 pm »

Become an adventurer and inquire about any threats to the mountainhome!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:34 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

change of action, Ask the elder god for a chaos meteors to rain upon the elves and hitting the sattelite
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111