Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 89016 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 41: Cave adaptation)
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2010, 11:58:12 pm »

"Well that's a sad state to be in..." I then go around curing the Dwarves of their cave adaption.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2010, 04:58:26 am »

shoot fireballs at the ground , DEMON BOMBERS

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2010, 04:58:08 pm »

sounds like a plan to me (follow advice)
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »

For a moment I thought I was late, but we are still missing one.

[ ] "Oh well, I just do what I can." I look for splits in the hull, poor patching (even if I did it), and jerry-rigging. Which I polymorph into being wholesome and finished. If I happen to get too bored, I'll use any observations on the architecture of the place to start adding things...doors to the air, a hallway turned to a sine-curve ramp, twists, turns, and secret hatches...A labyrinth made for the confusion of the stranger but the convenience of the shipmate.

Now what will determine how boring it is?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 17, 2010, 11:49:17 pm »

Look through rubble and such for anything useful.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2010, 07:57:56 am »

Sorry about the delay, I've been busy with reality(The most addictive game ever! And you aren't allowed to quit!). Turn sometime later today.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 42: most useless turn EVER)
« Reply #501 on: January 20, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Look through rubble and such for anything useful.
[3] You search through the rubble a bit, trying to find anything intact, but can't find anything useful. Piles of rocks don't tend to contain anything of value, and these are no exception.

Quote from: Jervous
Try to enchant stones lying around with earth magic to make them fly around me in a loop, acting as a shield.
[1+1] You try to enchant a few rocks to use as a shield, but can't get the enchantment to stick. You manage to enchant one to fly toward you, but have to smash it quickly before it clobbers you in the head.

Quote from: stonemt
Continue to the plane of shadows
[6] You decide to runthrough all the portals quickly to determine which leads to the plane of shadows. After a couple wrong choices you finally pick the right portal leading to... somewhere. Man, it's dark in this place, you can't see your own hand in front of your face. [secret roll!]

Quote from: Diakron
sounds like a plan to me (follow advice)
[6] You walk. And walk. And walk. In hindsight, it might have been a better idea to actually search for elves as you went, instead of walking in a straight line for miles. while you are busy contemplating this, you slam into a tree and pass out. The last thing you see are the faces of a small group of elves.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
"Well that's a sad state to be in..." I then go around curing the Dwarves of their cave adaption.
[6] You attempt to alter the dwarves eyes, allowing them to deal with light more easily. You go a bit to far though, and now their vision is almost human- they can no longer see in the darkness of the caves they dwell in. There are many small above-ground outposts they can live in, but they will be starting from scratch.
novice priest(3/4 exp.)

Quote from: jetsquirrel
shoot fireballs at the ground , DEMON BOMBERS
[2] After throwing a few fireballs at the ground you realize you can't see a damned thing from up here(except yourself of course...[/bad pun]). You might have lit a few trees on fire, but you are too high up to cause any REAL havoc.

Quote from: Nivm
"Oh well, I just do what I can." I look for splits in the hull, poor patching (even if I did it), and jerry-rigging. Which I polymorph into being wholesome and finished. If I happen to get too bored, I'll use any observations on the architecture of the place to start adding things...doors to the air, a hallway turned to a sine-curve ramp, twists, turns, and secret hatches...A labyrinth made for the confusion of the stranger but the convenience of the shipmate.
[1+1] You try to make the hull more malleable, so that you can mold it into shape like clay, but the spell goes wrong, causing the ship to sag, collapsing under it's own weight. Luckily, any good polymorpher knows never to cast a spell you cannot reverse, and you manage to change things back before significant damage is done. Though the ship is a bit flatter now...

[1,5] Your elemental shrinks back down to it's original size, and has stopped glowing. On the bright side, it appears to have changed into an indestructible liquid metal!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:52:19 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:33 pm »

Uhoh...

Reverse it!!!

Also, are you sure that would qualify as arcane? As a form of 'curing' I assumed it would fall under light... Then again that is looking at the divine so maybe priest?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:41:01 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 20, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »

extend my power into the dark to use it to see.. sort of... more like get a image of the shapes of whatever is in it... and try to learn how to as a passive ability instead of just doing it as a one time thing.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 20, 2010, 08:32:06 pm »

Attempt to make an earth enchanted shield out excess stone.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2010, 05:42:40 am »

It's more aerodynamic now. To bad Flint hasn't posted his turn already.

[ ] I begin a small telekinesis exercise by lifting pieces of rubble, carrying them to my hand, then sending them back right where they started. I begin with pebbles, but use a larger piece each time until I find my weight limit.

Why hasn't my potion elemental been changing? Is it hidden now? Also, how do I tell what is equipped an what isn't? After looking over the statuses, I find nothing to distinguish that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:52:36 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2010, 07:22:48 am »

Blow the rubble up for not harbouring anything useful while I await the return of the crew.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 21, 2010, 08:15:19 am »

Why hasn't my potion elemental been changing? Is it hidden now? Also, how do I tell what is equipped an what isn't? After looking over the statuses, I find nothing to distinguish that.
Oops forgot about the elemental...

As for equipment, it actually hasn't come up yet. Since no one has yet possessed more than one set of equipment at a time there hasn't been a reason to distinguish what is or is not equipped.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:08 pm »

Land on the ground and finda human villge to rape,burn eat  and to please the elder god

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 21, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

There are no humans. This isn't the DF world, it is merely inhabited by dwarves and elves(two common earth elemental creatures) with personalities taken from DF. You might manage to find some crazy dwarves living above ground though.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 111