Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43280 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 2. *SCREAM*
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2009, 12:26:49 pm »

Where to begin...

First off, apologies to Diakron.  I still think you may be scum, but part of the reason why I was pressing you so hard was because I wanted to keep everything away from Eduren.  Here is what I have found:

1. Lack of participation thanks to random-voting a chronic lurker.  Though eduren is an IC, he used ExKirby's lack of activity as an excuse to keep completely out of the town's debates.

2. Doing no scum-hunting of his own; just building bandwagons on whoever I happen to go after.

Kirby, I asked you a question a while back, but its a little irrelevant by now so I'll replace it with something else.

Do you think Dr. Johbson is scummy?

is a prime example, as is his more recent post where he tries to rebuild the bandwagon on Diakron.  I find it particularly amusing that he is not bringing any of his own allegations whatsoever, just attempting to whisper in the town's ear.

3. Jumpiness.  He jumped at criptfeind's ridiculous FoS and tried to deflect blame for Major_Sephiroth's death onto me:

For being an IC when the scum performed a clever nightkill, apparently >_>

... More later.  I'm swamped.

Please Vector, you're as experienced as I am.

... I'm kind of confused.  I said was "He is FOSing you because Webadict said 'watch the ICs,'" and now you are telling me he should be FoSing me as well?  Tell him that.  He's the one who can't figure out any sort of good reason to watch you other than "Grandpa Webby told me so."

If you're confused about the "more later," that would be because I'm trying to study for midterms.  I will do some kind of analysis and assault later.  Right now, I am busy memorizing facts about Neanderthals.

He then proceeded to deflect more, asking me a technical question rather than addressing his mistake.  Unfortunately, I took the bait and didn't notice he'd done this until late last night.

4. Contradictory notions.

Tehstefan: You are going after a confirmed absentee(ist?)(I would'nt call it lurking since he's never on). This is a safe move because your questions are only answered sparingly and can be easily lost in the intervening noise. What do you think of Diakron? Frustrated townie or overly defensive mafia?

Sounds like you're parroting your own reason for staying on ExKirby and doing nothing else for pretty much all of D1, doesn't it?

5. He doesn't vote the people he's pressing.  It seems like he wouldn't want any of the townies to die with is vote on them... instead, he prefers a mild FoS and an attempt to bandwagon Diakron.

If you want Diakron dead so badly, why don't you vote him yourself?

My defense? You call that my defense? Those were my suspicions. Some of that original thinking I seem to be lacking. If you want me to defend myself then do something other than parrot webadict.

No, your "original thinking" seems to mostly consist of "people are following Webadict" (an idea I brought up) and "what happened to the bandwagon on Diakron?" (again, something I'm responsible for).  It's a lot safer when you're following a deranged townie, isn't it?  People think I'm town because I'm being so aggressive in comparison to my other games, and you can just hop onto my ideas and follow them.

Well done, but it ends here.

Down you go, eduren.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »

I wish I had 2 cookies!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2009, 02:31:19 pm »

Everyone of you deserves a medal!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2009, 03:43:51 pm »

How many votes to lynch guys?

In any case, I'm not so sure Eduren is scum. My problem is that it seems a bit too, well easy. He's an IC, surely he wouldn't be be so silly as to expose himself so soon? Perhaps its just me, but this seems far too quick for my liking.

As to the question Eduren asked me, I get a feeling that he's actually town, he blew up far too easily, if he were scum, he'd try and cool down, not go nuclear like that. Just my two cents on this issue.

And Exkirby, I have a question. Who do you think are scum and why? I don't think I've seen you contribute one thing to this discussion, so hearing why you believe Eduren to be lynch worthy would be interesting.

Unvote
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2009, 04:08:02 pm »

I'm fine with day extension

Second: Sorry I haven't been posting recently. My parents took my computer rights away, thanks to the results of a chem test, my forgetfulness, and my fantastic organizational skills.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2009, 06:02:52 pm »

In any case, I'm not so sure Eduren is scum. My problem is that it seems a bit too, well easy. He's an IC, surely he wouldn't be be so silly as to expose himself so soon? Perhaps its just me, but this seems far too quick for my liking.

As to the question Eduren asked me, I get a feeling that he's actually town, he blew up far too easily, if he were scum, he'd try and cool down, not go nuclear like that. Just my two cents on this issue.

And Exkirby, I have a question. Who do you think are scum and why? I don't think I've seen you contribute one thing to this discussion, so hearing why you believe Eduren to be lynch worthy would be interesting.

Unvote

Why are you unvoting as you press the person you had voted?

... What, you're the other scum?  I'm so surprised to see you show up for the party.  Seriously.  This is not too soon.  I wanted to lynch him D1.  I watched people prod him as he evaded everything.  I studied his reactions.  I compared his behavior to how he plays in other games.  This is scum-eduren, folks.  I want to lynch him, and anyone who backs off and gets us YET ANOTHER no-lynch is going to receive severe suspicion.

This game must not be lost due to lurkers and fools who cannot discern coal from gold.  Vote eduren, or provide some sort of other target.  We will lose if we sit back watching ourselves get derailed.  We will lose if we allow others to think for us.  We will lose if we sit here wondering about vague quandaries and failing to act.  If eduren is town and we have lynched him, at least we will learn something about our situation.  Someone must die, so that we can get somewhere.  Today, that someone is eduren.

The two of you need to think up something better than pinning things on Diakron and ExKirby.  This is a game of Mafia, not find-the-scapegoat.  Stop deflecting and protecting eduren... or was his response to this good enough for you:

You bring up a good point, he is not contributing much. Eduren, why not give us some analyze of the posts so far, and who's on your scum list? We could do with a scent to track right now.

Quote from: eduren
Hey guys let's kill Diakron

You talk about following blindly!  This is blind following at its best.  All of you need to learn to think for yourselves and grow some backbone.  Do you really think ExKirby and Diakron are orchestrating all of this?  If so, you should say so.  Don't just go about hunting lurkers and those with poor anger management in time we don't have.  Say something of value and move forward!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2009, 06:17:57 pm »

okay guys i'm typing with one hand so this will be copy and pasted in all mafia games i'm in:

I have first degree burns over 3/4 of my left hand after getting frying oil splashed on it. i cannot type well with one hand so i wont be doing much talking in my post. i will continue to play but wanted to get this out in the open.
Back to Mafia with me!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2009, 06:39:46 pm »

Vector, I unvoted Exkirby. I hadn't yet voted Eduren, and I plan on doing it, I just wanted other people to pitch in. I haven't seen him do anything but bandwagon, and thats probably one of the scummiest things you can do.

And already accusing me of scum? I'm not defending him, I'm saying your tunnel-visioning. We need to keep our eyes open to other people who may be scum, and just jumping on the bandwagoning, going for the easy lynch. Thats why I'm asking Exkirby for his reasoning, instead of just letting him jump on this bandwagon.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2009, 06:44:59 pm »

EBWOP: Also, you know telling us about your meta data might have been useful beforehand, not just right now? Its kind of important to tell us everything you know about the target.
Vote: Eduren

I find your lack of helpfulness disconcerting, you hardly have given any sort of advice, you've been active lurking, I've failed to see you scum hunt at all, and when you do, you give no reasons for it.

Also, I say Diakron is town, in my post, yet I'm blindly following him when he says to kill him? I fail to see how your arguement holds up in this regard!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2009, 06:47:00 pm »

In no particular order

1. My "Active lurking". You will notice, those that have played against me before that my so called Active Lurking is my normal behavior. While thats not what i would call it, I do it very often. Call it a bad habit picked up from BM1.

3. Jumpiness.  He jumped at criptfeind's ridiculous FoS and tried to deflect blame for Major_Sephiroth's death onto me
Jumpy? I understood that his FoS was due to webadicts direction, but I wanted to hear him say it. I was making him think more carefully about finding his own suspicions.

Deflect blame? Do you like playing the victim? I was just pointing out that what web was saying was pretty ludicrous.

No, your "original thinking" seems to mostly consist of "people are following Webadict" (an idea I brought up) and "what happened to the bandwagon on Diakron?" (again, something I'm responsible for).  It's a lot safer when you're following a deranged townie, isn't it?  People think I'm town because I'm being so aggressive in comparison to my other games, and you can just hop onto my ideas and follow them.
So you're saying this entire post had no original thinking?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You bring up a good point, he is not contributing much. Eduren, why not give us some analyze of the posts so far, and who's on your scum list? We could do with a scent to track right now.

I never said that. I was noting that nobody seemed to continue the antics of yesterday. I was wondering your thoughts on that mostly.

Sounds like you're parroting your own reason for staying on ExKirby and doing nothing else for pretty much all of D1, doesn't it?

Honestly? After Diakrons outburst I didn't want to pressure him too much. I can't apologize for being human and feeling sympathy.

Oh, and that sucks about your hand dude.

Webadict. Vector could either be a determined townie, or an aggressive scum buddy but we'll deal with that later.

Webadict is leading a lynch against me because when I turn up town, he will get away with it. He will be looking especially townie with his aggressiveness. All he has to do is say "My bad, he really was acting scummy".

Webadict: Can you explain your lurking Day1?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2009, 07:24:53 pm »

And already accusing me of scum? I'm not defending him, I'm saying your tunnel-visioning. We need to keep our eyes open to other people who may be scum, and just jumping on the bandwagoning, going for the easy lynch. Thats why I'm asking Exkirby for his reasoning, instead of just letting him jump on this bandwagon.

Ah-ha.  Yes, I am a moron.  Thank you for that information.

EBWOP: Also, you know telling us about your meta data might have been useful beforehand, not just right now? Its kind of important to tell us everything you know about the target.
Vote: Eduren

Didn't do that because I figured I had a day to watch everyone; I would have given out everything at the beginning of D2, but there were these midterm things that jumped on me and stole all my time.  Scum-data is useless until you can lead a successful attack, because otherwise you're just tipping off the scum that you're watching for certain behaviors.  Better to let them breathe easy and accumulate mistakes until you jump them.

1. My "Active lurking". You will notice, those that have played against me before that my so called Active Lurking is my normal behavior. While thats not what i would call it, I do it very often. Call it a bad habit picked up from BM1.

This is different than normal.  This time, you're directing the town and building bandwagons.  I remember BM1.  You attacked people and didn't say much of value or reason.  This time, you're saying plenty, but being very careful not to attack people.  You're trying to get people to vote whoever the town is focusing on.  This is markedly different even from your behavior in other current Mafias.

3. Jumpiness.  He jumped at criptfeind's ridiculous FoS and tried to deflect blame for Major_Sephiroth's death onto me
Jumpy? I understood that his FoS was due to webadicts direction, but I wanted to hear him say it. I was making him think more carefully about finding his own suspicions.

Deflect blame? Do you like playing the victim? I was just pointing out that what web was saying was pretty ludicrous.

What, that newbies kill differently than people who are familiar with the game?  That's definitely true.  Besides, if Webadict were scum, he'd have no reason to go after you.  He could easily lead a lynch on anyone, particularly Diakron.  Heck, he even could have pushed Diakron and then gotten the town to turn on me while building a third lynch to line up after that.

Hm.  Sounds like what you're doing, doesn't it?

Additionally, he said in his post that he was following Webadict's advice.  I still think you jumped.  If you wanted to show that Webadict was being ludicrous, why say that I could have just as easily made the kill?  A better argument would be in saying that a beginner would have done the same, rather than move suspicions onto me as a "third IC."  As it is, you certainly deflected.

I'm saying your post is a distillation of what everyone else has said, and mostly turns into "Hey guys, forget about me!  Think about Diakron!!"

I never said that. I was noting that nobody seemed to continue the antics of yesterday. I was wondering your thoughts on that mostly.

... No, you didn't say it.  You just brought up behavior and, rather than providing your opinion on it, asked what others thought.  That is an indirect bandwagon.  When confronted with questions, you ask more questions.  You try to influence others.  You deflect.

Honestly? After Diakrons outburst I didn't want to pressure him too much. I can't apologize for being human and feeling sympathy.

Way to deflect.  This has nothing to do with Diakron.  This has to do with accusing someone of something you have done yourself.  Additionally, if you want pressure off of Diakron, why don't you go find some more scum?  I suppose that leading a Diakron-bandwagon is a better idea, and less pressuring?

Webadict. Vector could either be a determined townie, or an aggressive scum buddy but we'll deal with that later.

Webadict is leading a lynch against me because when I turn up town, he will get away with it. He will be looking especially townie with his aggressiveness. All he has to do is say "My bad, he really was acting scummy".

I don't think you're going to be able to redirect the IC-focus onto Webadict, dude.  Nice try.  "We'll deal with that later?"  We'll deal with me later if I end up doing something scumtastic, but right now we're dealing with you.  Not Diakron or Webadict, but you.

Further, nice OMGUS vote, and well-done on pinning him as an "aggressive lurker."  This is not Webadict being aggressive--or do you not remember what happened D2 of BM1?  I might agree with you if you thought he was being too passive.  This, however, is not aggression.

Trust me, if you turn up town Webadict is not going to get away with it.  He knows how you play, and if he leads us to town in a beginner's game then he will fall under deep suspicion as well.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2009, 07:55:27 pm »

In no particular order

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honestly, if you turn up town, it would've had to be a REALLY big bad on my part.

...And I was lurking on Day 1? If anything, I spent more time in this mafia than any of the other ones I was in, if only to help the newbies with what they're doing. As it is, I think they're doing well if they found a scum without me being here to help them. Although, to be fair, I think you were being fairly obvious about it.

Everyone, lynch eduren. He's being really scummy.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:53 am »

Vote Count:

Eduren[6]: ExKirby, Dr. Johbson, Criptfeind, Webadict, Vector, Tehstefan
Webadict[1]: Eduren

Note Voting: Diakron, Jetsquirrel, RedWarrior0

Deadline: near

The lynch scene is being written up now.  Until then they day is still active.   Once posted, the day will end.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2009, 12:43:19 am »

... *groan.*  Would Diakron, Jetsquirrel, and RedWarrior0 show up and at least say hi?  More than half of this game is lurking!

That said, perhaps we didn't need the day extension.  I'm really sorry about that, Dakarian.  I thought this would generate rather more arguments than it has.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2009, 12:49:14 am »

Huh?  Most of the votes and final arguments came after the original deadline.  You didn't net enough cries to extend for me to push it past the weekend.  As such, it worked out very well.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27