Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11835 11836 [11837] 11838 11839 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787611 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #177540 on: November 04, 2016, 06:12:35 am »

Original Teen Titans is what you get if DC was anime.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177541 on: November 04, 2016, 06:57:04 am »

Never really watched Teen Titans myself, but if I recall, didn't the series start as completely serious, like Batman-ly serious(given that Robin is one of the main cast)? Now the art style and overall writing makes me think of The Fairly Oddparents.
I don't think it was ever completely serious, outside of moments involving Slade (aka Deathstroke) or other major villains. Even in the older series there were plenty of silly moments and gag episodes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177542 on: November 04, 2016, 07:33:45 am »

Tiruin confirmed for alien with high energy potential.
This can only mean one thing:
We need to capture and sell her in the black market as an energy generator for a few trillion dorra, I'll go fetch some sad people to use as bait.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177543 on: November 04, 2016, 08:51:12 am »

Bought Punch Club today. Been playing it for hours. :)
This was a good purchase. Well, apart from how I've neglected my other videogame duties...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177544 on: November 04, 2016, 08:55:17 am »

Never really watched Teen Titans myself, but if I recall, didn't the series start as completely serious, like Batman-ly serious(given that Robin is one of the main cast)? Now the art style and overall writing makes me think of The Fairly Oddparents.
I don't think it was ever completely serious, outside of moments involving Slade (aka Deathstroke) or other major villains. Even in the older series there were plenty of silly moments and gag episodes.
Yeah, it was silly plenty of the time. It just wasn't mindless gag humor.

There's no way it couldn't be at least a little serious with fucking Deathstroke as one of the major recurring villains. Guy was a creep even beyond his obsession with Robin and the whole amoral assassin shtick.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #177545 on: November 04, 2016, 09:00:51 am »

* Tack has never seen teen titans.

You and you, local libraries. Go. It's probably in distribution somewhere in your library system, so you too can enjoy some quality television and recover a wholesome wedge from/for your childhood. And it won't cost you a dime~

I borrowed and ripped Courage the Cowardly Dog from my library system, having never watched the series in my youth. [...]

return the slaaaaaab
Yes to that looking at stuff in the local library! :D (You can do that?! ._. Guess our local library is more books and stuff than internet powered libraries)
And oh goodness, I heard that with the spooky voice. Guess my memory-nostalgia is strong, that way. >_<
Though on that note, that one episode was one of the starts where I gained respect to spooky ghosties and stuff. :P

Yeah, it was silly plenty of the time. It just wasn't mindless gag humor.
[...]
Yep, that's what made it awesome to me too--the wit and humor, rather than just 'doing things for the humor'.
Also Deathstroke? I should read up more about these one day, or find a PC cafe/shop to watch related videos. :-[

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #177546 on: November 04, 2016, 09:38:49 am »

Tiranny might be preferable to some things...

You people just haven't had that yet. You gotta try at least once.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177547 on: November 04, 2016, 09:49:00 am »

It's like hamburger, or coca-cola, you have to intake it rarely and in small amounts, but periodically, to not forget how shitty they are.

Though I'm pretty sure last time I tried a hamburger, I got poisoned, so w/e
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177548 on: November 04, 2016, 10:00:15 am »

Same here!
I was playing Punch Club and accidentally clicked on and ate the mouldy burger when it shifted spots in my inventory, shortly before I had a fight scheduled. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #177549 on: November 04, 2016, 10:43:02 am »

My last hamburger was a few days ago. They called it a "Viking Burger," and it was a slab of meat between two pieces of bread. It came with a salad topping, which seemed to contain cranberries.

And, apparently, beer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177550 on: November 04, 2016, 10:49:42 am »

I made my nephew into a burgher.  Then gave him a duchy, forming a vassal trade republic.
I hope the Umayyads don't eat my burgher ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #177551 on: November 04, 2016, 11:04:36 am »

It's like hamburger, or coca-cola, you have to intake it rarely and in small amounts, but periodically, to not forget how shitty they are.

It's only shitty because Russia cannot haz juicy burger. A good hamburger is a wonderful thing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #177552 on: November 04, 2016, 11:15:07 am »

* Tack has never seen teen titans.

You and you, local libraries. Go. It's probably in distribution somewhere in your library system, so you too can enjoy some quality television featuring Tiruin and recover a wholesome wedge from/for your childhood. And it won't cost you a dime~

I borrowed and ripped Courage the Cowardly Dog from my library system, having never watched the series in my youth. Now that I'm old enough to point out tropes and admire art direction, I can watch it without being offput by the various body horror that the show featured. It's, uh, a little warped at times, and I recall that really disturbing me when I was younger.

return the slaaaaaab
Now I'm nostalgic for Courage the Cowardly Dog (which is on Netflix, at least some of it).

Tried to get my kids into watching it. About two episodes later they NOPE'd the fuck out of there. Can't remember which episodes I scarred them with.  :P
I think "Night at the Katz Motel" (with all the big multicolored spiders) was one of them.

My favorite though had to be Freaky Fred. Just because What. The. Fuck.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177553 on: November 04, 2016, 11:42:55 am »

Man, Courage was great stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #177554 on: November 04, 2016, 12:51:34 pm »

It's only shitty because Russia cannot haz juicy burger. A good hamburger is a wonderful thing.

You gotta grill 'em yourself, not buy shitty fast food burgers. Of course those are gross. Everything they serve is gross.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 11835 11836 [11837] 11838 11839 ... 13325