Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9831 9832 [9833] 9834 9835 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796987 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147480 on: December 11, 2014, 09:11:16 pm »

I'M DONE! FREE AT LAST!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

(Just turned in my last project. Winter break is finally here for me! :)))

Nice, I still have a week and 2-3 projects to go.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147481 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:00 pm »

You know that feel when you have to print out a super-long document, cram as much paper into the printer as possible, and it turns out to be the exact number of pages you needed? Na-iled iiiit~

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147482 on: December 11, 2014, 10:14:06 pm »

Playing XCOM: EW. One of my assaults is nicknamed "Double Down".

I would post the double-down man image now, but Retro put it on imageshack so it's lost forever.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147483 on: December 11, 2014, 11:06:18 pm »

Built a tower with a bridge leading to a village on minecraft (xbox edition)
Then worked out for the third time this week

I think I have actually found a balance between my studious life, my gamer life, and my wanna be not fat life.

Side note, I finished a four page (back to back) packet of college algebra end of course review prior to this

I also managed to practice my speech team humorous interpretation piece too

Today was successful
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147484 on: December 11, 2014, 11:08:16 pm »

I love rain, and we've got like 24 inches of it here in Berkeley the entire Bay Area!

Wait, are YOU in Berkeley too? We could hang out! After the Pineapple Express leaves.

You guys should have a Bay Area Bay 12 meetup! It would have the best name of any Bay 12 meetup.
Dude. Sign me up for a Bay Area Bay 12 meetup. I don't care if it is a bit of a drive, it sounds like fun.
*sigh* So far away...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147485 on: December 11, 2014, 11:19:03 pm »

I really hated all the orcs and elves stuff they added. And the mirkwood stuff, too. Well, pretty much anything that wasn't in the boom except Bard, I guess.
But what really pissed me
Beyond all forgiveness
Is in the battle of the five armies trailer
When they showed the Eye of Sauron.

Seriously, WTF?!

On an unrelated topic, thanks to Yoink I finally figured out the meaning of ffs!
I thought it was something else the entire time.

IRC sauron was kinda pooling (is that the right word) in the dark forest and gaining strength so that's probably how they thought it would fit in

And I agree that the extra Orc crap was just stupid

And to everybody- aren't the movies always worse than the books? Can you blame them for wanting to leach nerds dry of money by taking the last extremely popular non movied Tolkien book and stretching it into a trilogy? At least they are some what following the book, look what Disney did with the new star wars. Threw the whole series of books written for it into the trash, that's bad

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #147486 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:03 pm »

I actually think the movies were better than the books. Since well, the books have a lot of fatty bits that don't really go anywhere in my opinion. I still don't like the movies much but they're at least watchable.

And no it's great that they threw the extended universe in the trash. There's so much shit in that it's simply not salvageable.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147487 on: December 11, 2014, 11:26:27 pm »

Sigh
Ya know what disregard my movie opinions aparently they are unpopular
*cryxis crawls into a corner and hits play on the DVD player, looks like he's watching Sherlock Holmes....... Again....... For the fifth time today.......... Holy crap....

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #147488 on: December 11, 2014, 11:26:53 pm »

I like the graphics in the hobbit movies. That's the only reason anyone watches movies or plays games today, right, for the graphics? Yeah.

no, but really, loved the design for the Hobbit movies.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147489 on: December 11, 2014, 11:28:51 pm »

I actually think the movies were better than the books. Since well, the books have a lot of fatty bits that don't really go anywhere in my opinion. I still don't like the movies much but they're at least watchable.
Wait are you talking about LOTR as well here or just The Hobbit? Because I can certainly see "trimming the fat" in LOTR but for The Hobbit they took a less-than 300 page book and stretched it into 9+ hours.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147490 on: December 11, 2014, 11:32:02 pm »

Since well, the books have a lot of fatty bits that don't really go anywhere in my opinion.
Odd; that's my complaint about the movies: they're over-padded to stretch it into a trilogy.

Mind you, all of you folks have more movie-stamina than myself: I lost it at the troll fight scene in the very first Hobbit movie, spent the rest of runtime rifftraxing it with friends, and haven't bothered to go see the sequels.

I love rain, and we've got like 24 inches of it here in Berkeley the entire Bay Area!

Wait, are YOU in Berkeley too? We could hang out! After the Pineapple Express leaves.

You guys should have a Bay Area Bay 12 meetup! It would have the best name of any Bay 12 meetup.
Dude. Sign me up for a Bay Area Bay 12 meetup. I don't care if it is a bit of a drive, it sounds like fun.
*sigh* So far away...
Hold it next summer! I might be visiting friends out there then. Or instead, if you wouldn't mind holding it in, say, Chicago...
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147491 on: December 11, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

I think Janet is referring to LOTR.  Tom Bombadil was a pointless character who did not advance the plot in any way, for example.  Seriously, if someone wrote a fanfic introducing an all-powerful character who then disappeared for the rest of the series, they would be in an uproar, but LOTR gets a free pass?  Come on.  Bombadil deserved to be left forgotten.

A lot of the background (and extra footage) of the Hobbit films are built from the background that is established in the Silmarillion and the appendix of the Return of the King, basically explaining where Gandalf went.  Without that, he's pretty much just a prick who hops out of the story for no apparent reason and then jumps back in just as unexpectedly.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:34:25 pm by Jervill »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147492 on: December 11, 2014, 11:40:41 pm »

Wait are you talking about LOTR as well here or just The Hobbit? Because I can certainly see "trimming the fat" in LOTR but for The Hobbit they took a less-than 300 page book and stretched it into 9+ hours.

Did I forget to mention earlier
Compared to the LOTR books, the hobbit is shorter than any three of them
And as I mentioned earlier, the movie makers just want to leach as much money out of the nerds as they can before Tolkien movies (hopefully not) are over

@bay12meet thingy- if you held it in Chicago I could probably make it

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147493 on: December 11, 2014, 11:43:11 pm »

Except they also had to throw in that extra stuff with the orcs. If they were going to dig deep enough to have Azog (and have him live for decades after he should have died) and they really needed a secondary Orc villain that badly, why not just use Bolg, who was already in the book (albeit only mentioned a few times) and had grudge with Thorin? Oh wait, they do have him, performing almost exactly the same role as they gave Azog (and their designs look too damn similar), so that's redundant. I think they did that just so they could have the same character in 2 places at once, because "Hmm well we've got to have orcs with Sauron but we also need someone hounding the dwarves."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #147494 on: December 11, 2014, 11:50:42 pm »

I'm reminded of the MST3K mantra, "It's just a show; I should really just relax."

I would link to TVTropes but I don't want to be responsible for sucking the time from a bunch of people over the internet.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 9831 9832 [9833] 9834 9835 ... 13325