Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9438 9439 [9440] 9441 9442 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742557 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #141585 on: September 27, 2014, 01:27:25 pm »

I despise wasps. Bees are cool, because they're fat and not aggressive, but wasps and hornets are evil.

Now, if the Guy Made of Bees was the Guy Made of Wasps, the universe would end on the spot.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141586 on: September 27, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »

Then the law is inherently corrupt. Kill or be killed. This is fine...kill, because you don't like the look of something, or fear that it might cause you some discomfort? If a woman were to cause as much pain to you everyday, would you kill her? Presumably, you'd simply avoid her, live and let live.

When you kill that wasp, you kill something unique. There will never be one quite like it ever again. It is the culmination of centuries upon centuries of evolution, it had lived and, as a species, survived because of an inbuilt defensive mechanism. This mechanism, this self defense that it hasn't even used on you (nor will it, if it gets the chance) is what condemns it to death.
May I play Devil's advocate for a moment here?

Those years of evolution only came around due to the challenges posed, so by killing them off you're actually doing the species as a whole a service, accelerating them on their way to a point where they can survive anything we could possible do to them.

I'm not sure I got this devil's advocate thing right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #141587 on: September 27, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

BEES?

All the best honey comes from Nicholas Cage's hived out head
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141588 on: September 27, 2014, 01:33:20 pm »

I despise wasps. Bees are cool, because they're fat and not aggressive, but wasps and hornets are evil.

Now, if the Guy Made of Bees was the Guy Made of Wasps, the universe would end on the spot.
The Guy Made of Japanese Hornets would be a multiversal threat on par with...I dunno, Darkseid or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #141589 on: September 27, 2014, 01:36:01 pm »

The Guy Made of Japanese Hornets would be a multiversal threat on par with...I dunno, Darkseid or something.

Obviously the only counter to him is The Guy Made of Japanese Bees, granted he isn't against us already
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #141590 on: September 27, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

No mention of the guy made out of whale bees?

Oh, right, whale bees were a DnD thing.

Oh, right, that was the vote a crossbreed homebrew.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141591 on: September 27, 2014, 01:45:01 pm »

Not all wasps are bad though!

Parasitoid wasps are really neat. If you can set aside the fact that they lay their eggs inside living creatures which hatch inside them and eat them from the inside out, I mean. A lot of them are super specialized and only prey on a single species of insect, so they're a potentially awesome way to get rid of insects that are actually harmful to people/crops/the environment because they'll never attack anything else and will die out once the harmful species does. Precision biological control.

Also, if you're one of those people that hates spiders for some reason, mud dauber wasps hunt spiders almost exclusively! They sting them with paralytic venom and carry them off before sealing them alive into the cells of their nest with some eggs so they'll be nice and fresh when the babies hatch. So when you see a mud dauber nest, just remember it's crammed full of semi-paralysed slowly dying spiders!

Wasps! Not so bad, right?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #141592 on: September 27, 2014, 01:47:25 pm »

Should I go dig up the tvtropes page for nightmare fuel?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #141593 on: September 27, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

Just played an entire game of LoL as Mundo. While speaking as Mundo. Lot's of fun after a bad defeat.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #141594 on: September 27, 2014, 02:04:16 pm »

So when you see a mud dauber nest, just remember it's crammed full of semi-paralysed slowly dying spiders!
Gyah!
So now I'm thinking of what happens if you accidentally break that open.
And now my skin feels like it's crawling with pissed-off semi-paralysed spiders, too many to count.
Who would collect so many spiders in one place?! Yuck! That's awful!

Please, if you ever see a mud dauber nest, don't break it open to release those spiders, because I really, really want them to die in there, rather than come out.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #141595 on: September 27, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

Not all wasps are bad though!

Parasitoid wasps are really neat. If you can set aside the fact that they lay their eggs inside living creatures which hatch inside them and eat them from the inside out, I mean. A lot of them are super specialized and only prey on a single species of insect, so they're a potentially awesome way to get rid of insects that are actually harmful to people/crops/the environment because they'll never attack anything else and will die out once the harmful species does. Precision biological control.

Also, if you're one of those people that hates spiders for some reason, mud dauber wasps hunt spiders almost exclusively! They sting them with paralytic venom and carry them off before sealing them alive into the cells of their nest with some eggs so they'll be nice and fresh when the babies hatch. So when you see a mud dauber nest, just remember it's crammed full of semi-paralyzed slowly dying spiders!

Wasps! Not so bad, right?
But spiders aren't totally bad either because they eat pests, which means the wasps are bad because they're killing something good, except we're also trying to argue that pests are good at the same time so spiders are bad because they eat those-

Look, if it flies/crawls/jumps near or onto my body I slap it, which might kill it. If a bug gets near my dog he jumps on it as well, and my dad has a cat that likes to attack fruit flies. I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong by killing the buzzers. The bugs all kill and eat each other anyways, there's a reason there's so gosh darn many of them (because they die super easy).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:14:06 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #141596 on: September 27, 2014, 02:26:25 pm »

Spoiler: Fuck. That. Shit. (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #141597 on: September 27, 2014, 02:29:10 pm »

Got a closer look at the porch lizard; who apparently has got used to me walking by enough that it doesn't scamper away in terror when I go past any more. By the looks of it, it seems to be a Texas Spiny Lizard. Which means I can look forward to it growing quite a bit larger! :D

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #141598 on: September 27, 2014, 02:30:15 pm »

Asian hornet. It can spray the venom, and its venom can dissolve flesh.
* II nopes so hard he flies into the ceiling.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141599 on: September 27, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »

I once stepped on a log that had a bunch of hornets in it.

I was like 6.

I have been terrified of them since, due to the excessive pain. My hatred is of fear, not simply for justice.

Ants, I'm just sick of seeing them piss around in my goddamn house like they own the place.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9438 9439 [9440] 9441 9442 ... 13325