Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9439 9440 [9441] 9442 9443 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742607 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #141600 on: September 27, 2014, 02:47:32 pm »

I once bragged that I had never been stung by a bee.
Two hours later we were at the pharmacy getting treatment for a sting to the upper lip.

A couple summers ago, I also stepped on a nest and got stung in the ankles, but only twice. Once I saw what was causing that intense pain (the second wasp had got stuck), me and my cousin (who is even more allergic) panicked to the extreme and ran as fast as we could.

Basically, I'm fine with anything with black and yellow stripes that stings being killed, since they are bastards that divebomb you from out of no-where and really freaking hurt and cause intense swelling.

Also, they collect spiders, which is terrifying.

I don't want them all to die, since fruit and flowers would all die if bees and wasps and stuff ALL died, but I'm fine with any that do die dying.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141601 on: September 27, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »

DELICIOUS FUCKING GRECO PIZZA

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY

EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I AM OUT OF ROOT BEER
BUTOHFUCKINGWELL
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #141602 on: September 27, 2014, 03:24:02 pm »

Well, sounds like we created what could be a game changer in the bacteria-antibiotic war.

It's also very neat in how it's done - essentially, they are turning the bacterial immune system against them, by making it read the targeted genes as foreign, except you have to introduce the gene that codes the hacked enzyme manually via a viral vector.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141603 on: September 27, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »

Then the law is inherently corrupt. Kill or be killed. This is fine...kill, because you don't like the look of something, or fear that it might cause you some discomfort? If a woman were to cause as much pain to you everyday, would you kill her? Presumably, you'd simply avoid her, live and let live.

When you kill that wasp, you kill something unique. There will never be one quite like it ever again. It is the culmination of centuries upon centuries of evolution, it had lived and, as a species, survived because of an inbuilt defensive mechanism. This mechanism, this self defense that it hasn't even used on you (nor will it, if it gets the chance) is what condemns it to death.
Next time I see a wasp, I'll be sure to try reasoning with it, and let you know how that works.

Where were you when Tiruin killed a cockroach? Nobody complained about that.
Tiruin does not kill.

She SMITE
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #141604 on: September 27, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29378172

I can't help but imagine a person working high up in the FBI crying saying 'But we can't violate their privacy!' between sobs.
Why is this not in the rage thread?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141605 on: September 27, 2014, 03:28:34 pm »

When it comes to large creepy-crawlies, you gotta strike with the force of a God, the cunning of a Fox, and the heart of a VOLCANO.

Or, be a nazi.

Either works, I've found.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141606 on: September 27, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »

But what if they're cats?

Nazis love cats.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141607 on: September 27, 2014, 03:33:15 pm »

Oh fuck. Mastah is my only weakness. Shhiiiiiiiiitttttttt
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #141608 on: September 27, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »

Starpoint Gemini 2 is a legitimately great game :D
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141611 on: September 27, 2014, 04:11:31 pm »

I once bragged that I had never been stung by a bee.
Two hours later we were at the pharmacy getting treatment for a sting to the upper lip.

A couple summers ago, I also stepped on a nest and got stung in the ankles, but only twice. Once I saw what was causing that intense pain (the second wasp had got stuck), me and my cousin (who is even more allergic) panicked to the extreme and ran as fast as we could.

Basically, I'm fine with anything with black and yellow stripes that stings being killed, since they are bastards that divebomb you from out of no-where and really freaking hurt and cause intense swelling.

Also, they collect spiders, which is terrifying.

I don't want them all to die, since fruit and flowers would all die if bees and wasps and stuff ALL died, but I'm fine with any that do die dying.
Bees are cool. You can usually even swat them away from food without them getting pissed. They really only get defensive if you're near their nest. Wasps are dicks. They will sting you for any and all reasons. Kill all wasps, leave bees alone.
This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood AlleeCat~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141612 on: September 27, 2014, 04:23:03 pm »

No no paper wasps are nice and docile. It's yellow jackets and the big black-and-white fuckers that get pissy. They're the fatter, rounder, less-slim ones.

One landed on my knuckle on my bike while I was riding, then FUCKING STUNG ME before flying off like a dick.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141613 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:46 pm »

Except for Africanized bees, you don't want to piss those off, because they will literally chase you for miles and if you can't get far enough away they will happily keep stinging you until you are dead. (They will also happily wait above water until you come out of drown, which is why the only defense other than "don't piss them off" is to run very far and very fast, preferably through tall grass or bushes.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141614 on: September 27, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

Honestly, I've never been stung by a wasp and the only time I was stung by a bee was because I stepped on the poor thing in bare feet. I can hardly hold that against them.

Yellow jackets can be pretty annoying, and everyone around here mistakenly calls them bees when they're obviously wasps (much to my pedantic biologist rage). I had one follow me around a park for ten solid minutes trying desperately to climb into my pumpkin spice latte the other day. I (accidentally) punched it out of the air but it didn't take the hint.

Honey bees are pretty chill though. There's an apiary nearby that does bee beard competitions. Watching one of those and realizing they didn't get stung once goes a long way towards bee-phobias, I think. One way or the other, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 9439 9440 [9441] 9442 9443 ... 13325