Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755530 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [!!2014!!] HYPETRAIN FULL SPEED (Happy thread!)
« Reply #134175 on: July 08, 2014, 07:14:46 pm »

In fact I kind of actively dislike things like world cups and olympics when they're kind of toted as something that unites people and shit. I mean how hypocritical can you be?
Such as the fact that the people will beat each other up and footballers will fight each other because they lost?
I still say that things like the World Cup have the potential to be the greatest spectacles on Earth. I am of the opinion that we should bring back blood sports like gladiators, but in a civilized way. So basically just film the audience instead of the football match. You could even have special matches, like rioters vs riot police, or wrenches vs fence posts.
Look at it this way: We figure out functional, crowd-viewable VR, and we're SET.
The E-sports are going to get a lot more...

Interesting...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134176 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:50 pm »

Crowd-viewable VR? What do you mean? Who gives a crap about E-sports, just have all the countries send their best drunk yobbos and film it

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134177 on: July 08, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »

Audiences watches as blood sport happens. Noone cares because that shit ain't real. Olympics=Hilarious.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134178 on: July 08, 2014, 07:19:15 pm »

Audiences watches as blood sport happens. Noone cares because that shit ain't real. Olympics=Hilarious.
If it's not real then the blood on your hands will have no meaning

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134179 on: July 08, 2014, 07:20:23 pm »

T-that's the point. So noone dies? I mean, for extra FUN you could make it so you still felt the blood-sport pain. So when the sword strikes thine nuts, you FEEL the pain.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134180 on: July 08, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »

T-that's the point. So noone dies? I mean, for extra FUN you could make it so you still felt the blood-sport pain. So when the sword strikes thine nuts, you FEEL the pain.
Nah, that somehow seems a whole lot more boring than regular rioting or even just normal video games. It's in the twilight zone between functionality and appealing to the tribalism of man and it ends of just seeming bland and nonthreatening.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #134181 on: July 08, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »

You just mad because England got booted from the world cup by 13-year olds' favourite country and Uranus' little brother.
Actually I don't care much for that, seeing as how Liverpool beat England and Suarez got his comeuppance and will forever be known as that guy who bites people.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134182 on: July 08, 2014, 07:24:05 pm »

You just mad because England got booted from the world cup by 13-year olds' favourite country and Uranus' little brother.
Actually I don't care much for that, seeing as how Liverpool beat England and Suarez got his comeuppance and will forever be known as that guy who bites people.

Fixed, and hilarious

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #134183 on: July 08, 2014, 07:41:04 pm »

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134184 on: July 08, 2014, 07:48:08 pm »

You could even have special matches, like rioters vs riot police, or wenches vs fence posts.
Much improved with the removal of a single letter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134185 on: July 08, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »

In fact I kind of actively dislike things like world cups and olympics when they're kind of toted as something that unites people and shit. I mean how hypocritical can you be?
Such as the fact that the people will beat each other up and footballers will fight each other because they lost?
I still say that things like the World Cup have the potential to be the greatest spectacles on Earth. I am of the opinion that we should bring back blood sports like gladiators, but in a civilized way. So basically just film the audience instead of the football match. You could even have special matches, like rioters vs riot police, or wrenches vs fence posts.
Look at it this way: We figure out functional, crowd-viewable VR, and we're SET.
The E-sports are going to get a lot more...

Interesting...
I'm in. Let me go get my gloves.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #134186 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »

Passed my intellect check when panhandled with a sob story. He was 'here with his wife for her father's funeral; see, that's her there *points to woman leaving the Walgreens I was leaving from*. We don't have enough money for the hotel, could I have $26?'
After I say no, he immediately goes over to the woman who was leaving the store and starts asking her for money, lol.

Protip: When panhandling, ask for money for something really sad, like medicine for a sick kid. Don't ask for money for a hotel when you clearly just got out of a car and it's a reasonable temperature for sleeping in it. Your story is obviously fake, since almost no one would prefer begging to a moderately uncomfortable night sleeping in a car in a walmart parking lot.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134187 on: July 08, 2014, 08:13:09 pm »

Today, I found out about Tom Bombadil.

Life is good.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #134188 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »

Canada is best country.

I remember one time, a guy who joked a lot that Canada was a hat said like, Goddammit Canada, you dun goofed (I forget why) and I smugly remarked,
"A hat can't do shit, much less screw up."
There was a comedian that said that Canada was like a really nice apartment sitting on top of a meth lab.

That would make sense a few years ago. Now it's more like a worn down apartment leaking oil sitting on top of a burnt out former meth lab that someone got shot in once.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134189 on: July 08, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »

Passed my intellect check when panhandled with a sob story. He was 'here with his wife for her father's funeral; see, that's her there *points to woman leaving the Walgreens I was leaving from*. We don't have enough money for the hotel, could I have $26?'
After I say no, he immediately goes over to the woman who was leaving the store and starts asking her for money, lol.

Protip: When panhandling, ask for money for something really sad, like medicine for a sick kid. Don't ask for money for a hotel when you clearly just got out of a car and it's a reasonable temperature for sleeping in it. Your story is obviously fake, since almost no one would prefer begging to a moderately uncomfortable night sleeping in a car in a walmart parking lot.
Eh, 25 bucks is a bit much, but if someone is asking for like, bus-fare, or money to get something to eat? I don't care if they're lying, *someone* is bound to be asking because they actually need it. So I'll give up like, 5 bucks, or bus-fare.

But yeah, 26 bucks, yeahno, sleep in your car :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 ... 13325