Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8455 8456 [8457] 8458 8459 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755051 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #126840 on: April 18, 2014, 01:05:56 am »

Fwiw it was "you zombie, go nom some humanities and ring those bells because whyever I didn't progress that far"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126841 on: April 18, 2014, 01:17:32 am »

I for one found Dark Souls to be fucking boring.

Oh hey, I clicked a button, let's watch a 2 second animation.  Oh, a skeleton just hit me with flurry of attacks, I guess I'll just watch for a few seconds.  Hope I gain control of my character soon.

Oh what's this, I died twice in a row?  OK, let's grind for half an hour to gain resources back, because I guess instead of quarters this arcade machine takes time.  But its all worth it so I can get to the next area and fight... more fucking skeletons.

Its like they built an entire game out of those crypt areas every RPG ever has for boring side quests that have nothing to do with the story or the larger world.  And like, what's the point of difficulty if you can't lose the game anyway?  Give me Xcom or FTL any day of the week.

Edit: Before someone says it, yes, I never got past the several parts where you fight skeletons as the main enemy.  But I've watched Jamball play several parts of it and its all pretty much the same formula.

The Skeletons if you're near Firelink Shrine are basically a "Turn back now."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #126842 on: April 18, 2014, 01:29:16 am »

Or "Run faster and grab a big sword" depending on who you ask.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126843 on: April 18, 2014, 02:48:36 am »

There was a story?

No, I meant in other RPGs Dark Souls would be the thing that distracts you from the main story.

Probably a bonus dungeon, given how hard it is.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #126844 on: April 18, 2014, 03:19:49 am »

I for one found Dark Souls to be fucking boring.

Oh hey, I clicked a button, let's watch a 2 second animation.  Oh, a skeleton just hit me with flurry of attacks, I guess I'll just watch for a few seconds.  Hope I gain control of my character soon.

Oh what's this, I died twice in a row?  OK, let's grind for half an hour to gain resources back, because I guess instead of quarters this arcade machine takes time.  But its all worth it so I can get to the next area and fight... more fucking skeletons.

Its like they built an entire game out of those crypt areas every RPG ever has for boring side quests that have nothing to do with the story or the larger world.  And like, what's the point of difficulty if you can't lose the game anyway?  Give me Xcom or FTL any day of the week.

Edit: Before someone says it, yes, I never got past the several parts where you fight skeletons as the main enemy.  But I've watched Jamball play several parts of it and its all pretty much the same formula.

Now THAT'S how you start a proper flame war.

:P

Ok, maybe not. I, for one, have different opinion on DS...but those skeletons man. Such a newbie bait.  :D
It was actually those skelis that made me go "wow" when I first played DS. I mean "FUCK THIS GAME THIS AIN'T NO HARDCORE THIS IS BULLSHIT STUPID HOW DO I BEAT THOSE MOTHERFUC--oh, wait, why don't I try those stairs here?...Oh hey, this is a lot better! Thanks, game!"

Best game to ever exist? I doubt it. Granted, didn't finish it yet. But good game? Yes. Hard game? Yes, to a degree. Requires specific mindset? Why yes of course. 

I think it's pretty much in the same league as [herecatchthisflameingball] The Walking Dead series we discussed earlier. I fully realize TWD is not the best thing to happen to mankind. There are moments I disliked in every season. I for one liked 1st season (annoying children moments? Huh??), loved the 2nd, kinda disliked the 3rd...but no matter how annoyed I was sometimes by it (in a bad way), overall a good feeling about it remained. I more or less forgot the bad moments, only good ones remain. Which is weird, I'm usually more critical when it comes to series. Maybe I just liked the good moments that much? And I'd argue that yes, this series is very much about zombies. The human drama would not exist without the constant threat of them. They are not running away from zombies as much as are they running from themselves BECAUSE of the zombies. Zombies are a catalyst to make the drama happen.

Then again, maybe I'm overthinking much.  :P

You gals/guys carry on, I'll continue to watch TWD in the mean time. No reason to rage about it.  ;)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126845 on: April 18, 2014, 04:59:12 am »

I merely enjoy Dark Souls because once one is familiar with the mechanics, it becomes simply a 'difficult' game - I remember the first time I triumphed over the Gaping Dragon, the feeling of elation I had was unlike pretty much any other win in a game. Because it forced me to learn.

That said, the game does have a huge portion of Fake Difficulty like the old Nintendo games.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126846 on: April 18, 2014, 05:44:07 am »

Grinding in Dark Souls is the epitome of "doing it wrong".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126848 on: April 18, 2014, 07:37:04 am »

They are not running away from zombies as much as are they running from themselves BECAUSE of the zombies. Zombies are a catalyst to make the drama happen.
BECAUSE AS EVERYONE ALL KNOWS, EVERYONE WATCHES ZOMBIE GENRES FOR LOVE TRIANGLES.
Also I think the Governer wasn't just sociopathic, but also stupid. I mean, right before he plans to assault the prison he kills a convoy full of soldiers. A convoy full of people trained to kill other people. Why'd he do that? He even goes through the whole "they're terrorists" routine - he could have done that all the same with more men. Heck, he wouldn't have even needed to instigate a draft at all if he had just kept the god damn professional soldiers like any sane person would.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #126849 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:32 am »

Well, sociopathy is associated with under-average IQ.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126850 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:07 am »

Quote from: Joost van Dongen, Awesomenauts dev
I also got way too many posts now posting as my alt DarkDXZ...
That quote made my day.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126851 on: April 18, 2014, 08:41:53 am »

You gals/guys carry on, I'll continue to watch TWD in the mean time. No reason to rage about it.  ;)
Watch TWD?
Ah great. Where can I see this? o_o

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126852 on: April 18, 2014, 08:56:40 am »

I mean, right before he plans to assault the prison he kills a convoy full of soldiers. A convoy full of people trained to kill other people. Why'd he do that?

My understanding was that a tightly-knit group of soldier would be a challenge to his authority.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #126853 on: April 18, 2014, 09:09:55 am »

They are not running away from zombies as much as are they running from themselves BECAUSE of the zombies. Zombies are a catalyst to make the drama happen.
Also I think the Governer wasn't just sociopathic, but also stupid. I mean, right before he plans to assault the prison he kills a convoy full of soldiers. A convoy full of people trained to kill other people. Why'd he do that? He even goes through the whole "they're terrorists" routine - he could have done that all the same with more men. Heck, he wouldn't have even needed to instigate a draft at all if he had just kept the god damn professional soldiers like any sane person would.
Also, people trained to kill are less easier to deal with once/if they see through your plan. Also, he didn't really need trained people, he needed easy to control but weak-willed people. Also, he needed weapons, not people who would complain about their weapons being taken from them.

So yeah, I don't see particular problem with this incident. Then again, I'm personally still on the fence with this whole Governor character.

BECAUSE AS EVERYONE ALL KNOWS, EVERYONE WATCHES ZOMBIE GENRES FOR LOVE TRIANGLES.
You probably meant that as a jest, but I get it watching Shane going crazy for Lori wasn't your thing?  :P

Watch TWD?
Ah great. Where can I see this? o_o
I um...kinda...stole it... ._.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126854 on: April 18, 2014, 09:59:28 am »

You probably meant that as a jest, but I get it watching Shane going crazy for Lori wasn't your thing?  :P
Pretty much. Christ, Lori was so annoying
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But now that Sheb mentions it, yeah it does kinda make sense how quickly the soldiers could turn on the governer and take over the town.
Pages: 1 ... 8455 8456 [8457] 8458 8459 ... 13325