Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7635 7636 [7637] 7638 7639 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766797 times)

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114540 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:33 pm »

Fuck yeah.  My robotics final project is finished, and those 50 hours in the lab from friday through 1am yesterday paid off.  And the >24 hours I spend on the code outside of the lab. 

And an upcoming internship interview with iRobot!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114541 on: October 17, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

Eating half a box of pasta for lunch every day for 2 weeks is apparently a viable diet strategy? Nearly down 10 pounds.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114542 on: October 17, 2013, 04:54:23 pm »

I have suddenly found myself in the possession of both a katana and a (what I think is a) claymore, both of which are fucking-kill-you sharp. No idea if they're actually to the level of being real weapons, but the edge at least is.

If you take some pictures perhaps people can identify them. A claymore tends to be double edged and has crossguards that slope upwards along the blade.

Truth be told, I have no idea what it is. Claymore is just my best guess, but I think that's wrong as well. I'm not a sword freak.

It's a long, western-style sword with a crossguard about half that. About the same length as the katana, actually.

The guard is a point to focus on. If it's slanted away from the hilt, that's (as Owlbread said) one of the calling cards of a claymore. Probably not an estoc (at least, not a genuine one) if it has an edge. If it's got that sort of guard, but with a curve rather than a straight angle, it might be a zweihander. If it's got a parrying hook right at the start of the blade proper, it almost certainly is.

Another point (heh) to focus on is the width of the blade relative to the hilt, as well as the overall length of the weapon. If the blade is wider than the hilt (and the sword is markedly smaller than the katana), it's an arming sword of some sort, but if they're more or less equal, it's one of the various breeds of longsword that we've been discussing.

An image would help if you really care, and if we can nail down what it is, we can probably get a reliable judgement of battle readiness, given that there tend to be weigh differences between ceremonial weapons and practical ones. I'm not the sort of person who is able to judge the quality of the metal or the work, though.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114543 on: October 17, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »

I'm not the sort of person who is able to judge the quality of the metal or the work, though.  :P
A nearby tree, however, is.

NOTE: Don't actually do this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114544 on: October 17, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

I'm not the sort of person who is able to judge the quality of the metal or the work, though.  :P
A nearby tree, however, is.

NOTE: Don't actually do this.
^+1

If it's a piece of crap, you might end up with shrapnel, depending on your strength and the weakness of the metal. Much safer to pay someone you hate to do it for you. And for goodness' sake spare the poor tree, have them use a concrete wall.

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114545 on: October 17, 2013, 05:19:14 pm »

Hitting a tree or a wall is a good way to ensuring your sword dies sooner. Just saying.

Had a peculiar game of chess today where I somehow won the match by getting my King all the way onto the 7th and 8th rank, using the enemy's pawns as shields against his rook and queen. 'Twas glorious, and to represent such peaceful cohabitation a gentlemanly draw was agreed upon once inevitable victory was ensured.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114546 on: October 17, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »

An image would help if you really care
This is one of those times where people pretend to give you an option, but will take your own sword, polish it up real shiny, and shove it up your ass sideways if you say "no".

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114547 on: October 17, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »

This is one of those times where people pretend to give you an option, but will take your own sword, polish it up real shiny, and shove it up your ass sideways if you say "no".
I admit, my curiosity has been aroused.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #114548 on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:10 pm »

Done the necessary calculations to finalize the numbers. There are now 50 gold coins, 200 silver coins, and 500 copper coins to the kilogram*. There are 50 copper coins to the silver coin, and 50 silver coins to the gold coin. I'm considering switching that to 100 coins to move up a stage, but it makes the economy even weirder. As it stands, I need to have a throwaway reason for the relative worthlessness of copper, since research has indicated that I'm undervaluing it by an order of magnitude compared to its historical values. Probably alchemy has worked out how to convert lead into copper.

*You generally don't need to keep track of this. It's mostly for worldbuilding purposes and suchlike. Results in gold coins being slightly bigger than a US quarter, silver slightly smaller than a US nickel, and copper slightly smaller than a US dime. I've devoted way too much thought to something most players will never bother to think about, sure, but at least we don't have D&D's big floppy gold "coins".

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #114549 on: October 17, 2013, 07:07:26 pm »

Among other things.
*headshot*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114550 on: October 17, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »

Hey, with a picture, one of us could probably tell what Oakeshott type the sword is. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114551 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »

Among other things.
*headshot*
Sorry, but it'd take something like Tyrfing for that sort of arousal.

3. Run Resize Enable

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114552 on: October 17, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »

That's probably the first time I've aroused anything.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114553 on: October 17, 2013, 08:10:35 pm »

That's probably the first time I've aroused anything.
*ba-dum-tish*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114554 on: October 17, 2013, 08:22:02 pm »

* Descan wiggles around.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 7635 7636 [7637] 7638 7639 ... 13325