Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7634 7635 [7636] 7637 7638 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766733 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #114525 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:51 am »

I have suddenly found myself in the possession of both a katana and a (what I think is a) claymore, both of which are fucking-kill-you sharp. No idea if they're actually to the level of being real weapons, but the edge at least is.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114526 on: October 17, 2013, 10:14:25 am »

I have suddenly found myself in the possession of both a katana and a broadsword, both of which are fucking-kill-you sharp. No idea if they're actually to the level of being real weapons, but the edge at least is.

you take care of these or i will personally go there, fix them up if possible and repeatedly slash you with one of my choosing

swords are serious business

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114527 on: October 17, 2013, 10:15:59 am »

There isn't much taking care of to do. I'm not exactly going to go around swinging something that could seriously injure someone. For now, I'm just leaving them on my wall, where they have been since I was given them.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114528 on: October 17, 2013, 10:19:32 am »

were you at the least told how often, and well, how to clean them and store them and other stuff or do i need to make you provide me with the details of what they are so i can be ridiculously condescending and provide the same sort of info google would probably give

i really consider swords a serious business especially since the ones that won't break in half after moderate amounts of use are silly-tier expensive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114529 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:51 am »

I don't live here most of the year, so if there is anything important to do with them I imagine my mother's fiance (the one who gave them to me when we all moved in here) would know to do it.

Like I said, I don't know what quality they are. I just know the edges are dangerously sharp.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114530 on: October 17, 2013, 10:34:10 am »

If they have maker's marks, you might be able to do a bit of research and see if they're notable for making stage weapons or functional ones.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #114531 on: October 17, 2013, 10:47:06 am »

Get a watermelon and test it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #114532 on: October 17, 2013, 11:59:36 am »

If you slash them through the air, do they leave a faint blue glow?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114533 on: October 17, 2013, 01:51:46 pm »

I just found a g.o.r.e.g.e.o.u.s. piece of walnut to make my new knife stand out of. ^.^
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114534 on: October 17, 2013, 02:02:17 pm »

I just found out that if I don't pay the electricity bills, I get power.

To quote a book from the hitchhikers series: "Paying them money only draws attention to yourself."

Holidays FTW.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114535 on: October 17, 2013, 02:16:10 pm »

Finally got my flu shot, among other things. My college may become a breeding ground for disease, but I shall not fall to their foolishness.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114536 on: October 17, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »

I have suddenly found myself in the possession of both a katana and a (what I think is a) claymore, both of which are fucking-kill-you sharp. No idea if they're actually to the level of being real weapons, but the edge at least is.

If you take some pictures perhaps people can identify them. A claymore tends to be double edged and has crossguards that slope upwards along the blade.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:29:00 pm by Owlbread »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114537 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

I invited a friend to this thing I'm supposed to go to, because I know the people I'm supposed to be going with (i.e. bringing) don't really want to be around me.
She said she'll try to, which is the closest to a "yes" I've gotten from people I've invited before.

In case that's worded poorly: I may have successfully invited someone to hang out, for the first time in my life.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114538 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:56 pm »

If you take some pictures perhaps people can identify them. A claymore tends to be double edged and has crossguards that slope upwards along the blade.

Truth be told, I have no idea what it is. Claymore is just my best guess, but I think that's wrong as well. I'm not a sword freak.

It's a long, western-style sword with a crossguard about half that. About the same length as the katana, actually.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114539 on: October 17, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »

Got extremely lucky and found a knife on CS:GO, which is a nice gift for my cakeday I guess. Also, nice day overall.
Pages: 1 ... 7634 7635 [7636] 7637 7638 ... 13325