Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5939 5940 [5941] 5942 5943 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795970 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89100 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »

Cuz Portal is awesome, of course :D
My first FPS was the original Call of Duty, followed by Half Life.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89101 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:51 pm »

The only first person game I've been able to play for more than 15 minutes would be Portal.

Not even any of the Elder Scrolls games? God, what about Morrowind? That game is so awesome. It's like legitimately being in a medieval-ish kingdom. No compass, no automap, no gps to your destination. You. A old timey map. A sword. The most hellishly confusing landscape in all of Tamriel. Twenty billion Cliff Racers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89102 on: September 21, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Indeed it is. Any other FPS gives me motion sickness. Why Portal, where you're bounding along at high speeds while the frame of reference is constantly changing, does not give me motion sickness I have no effin' clue.

@Hans
I played Skyrim 3rd person. Haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #89103 on: September 21, 2012, 01:27:53 pm »

My first FPS was Duke Nukem 3D, the trialware edition.

My most played FPS was Tactical Ops: a near copy of Counterstrike using the unreal tournament engine.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89104 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:10 pm »

Mine was the shareware version of Wolfenstien 3D, which I got to run on a DOS based x286 PC...

This is assuming that the old wire frame vector graphics Star Wars shooters dont count (on Spectrum 28k).
This is a blank sig.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89105 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:08 pm »

My first FPS? Unreal.

Damn, that moment when lights in tunnel go off and an alien soldier is released onto you... scariest thing of my childhood.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89106 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:27 pm »

@Hans
I played Skyrim 3rd person. Haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games.
:O
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89107 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:53 pm »

Wolfenstein was my first one as well I think.  I don't remember which computer I had it for, but it was probably the Amiga.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89108 on: September 21, 2012, 01:32:27 pm »

Skyrim is great and all. But Morrowind is hardcore. Skyrim lets you be a dragonborn. Morrowind turns you into a zombie halfway through and pretends that is an advantage. :P

@Hans
:O

+1
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89109 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:33 pm »

I just lost a lot of nerd cred didn't I  :-[

I'll fix my error someday! I promise!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89110 on: September 21, 2012, 01:34:05 pm »

First FPS? GoldenEye 007, probably. Good times.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89111 on: September 21, 2012, 01:36:31 pm »

Skyrim is great and all. But Morrowind is hardcore. Skyrim lets you be a dragonborn. Morrowind turns you into a zombie halfway through and pretends that is an advantage. :P

Sorry, too busy stockpiling trinkets and books to follow Main Quest :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89112 on: September 21, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »

Actually, scrub Wolfenstien 3D as my first. I had a really really old "Aliens" FPS shooter on the C64 way before that - 1987! Remembering it now... it actually seems kinda good. You played as Ripley, and had 3 marines and the synthetic as well - you could switch between controlling them at will. The graphics were very "letterbox", and in red, white and black. The map seemed randomly generated for each game. You had to get deeper into the colony, kill the queen and escape before the self destruct.

Ah, found it. Good times...

This is a blank sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89113 on: September 21, 2012, 01:50:11 pm »

First FPS? GoldenEye 007, probably. Good times.
ODDJOB!

But yeah kaijyuu, admitting that you've only played Skyrim is a first-tier faux pas.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89114 on: September 21, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »

First FPS was Wolfenstein 3D shareware, first platformer was Commander Keen.
Pages: 1 ... 5939 5940 [5941] 5942 5943 ... 13325