Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5938 5939 [5940] 5941 5942 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794912 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89085 on: September 21, 2012, 09:23:22 am »

I think we are having another wave of serious awesome coming up.
The best game in recent history is probs Black Mesa now. Tough thats arguable, as its just a higher-quality remake of an old game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89086 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:01 am »

Black Mesa is awesome, but so was the original.

LA Noire was meh. Nobody likes playing an annoying character, and I really disliked the protagonist.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89087 on: September 21, 2012, 09:53:45 am »

??? Huh. Personally I liked the fact that he was actually human, as opposed to infallible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #89088 on: September 21, 2012, 10:19:45 am »

??? Huh. Personally I liked the fact that he was actually human, as opposed to infallible.

Human? He seemed waaaay too uptight to be human. He seemed to get his emotions set off by the wrong cues, and he seemed like he had to drape a bedsheet over his wife before he had sex with her, because missionary just wasn't boring enough.

The game was pretty cool to be honest, but when I found myself turning a beer bottle over and over in my hand for five minutes because it was better than the prospect of having another interrogation I shut the game off. It got old after a while, and the fact that they accurately recreated an entire city and hardly used it for more than a backdrop really annoyed me. I get the facial simulation was cutting edge and probably took up a lot of disk space, and I understand that cops don't just run around willy-nilly, but the game could have used a little variety and the city could have easily provided it.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #89089 on: September 21, 2012, 10:20:13 am »

I started liking the character more the more imperfect he became and I really liked the ending.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89090 on: September 21, 2012, 10:36:07 am »

I am coming up with a bassline for a hard rock version of Gangnam Style. This is going to be ridiculous.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89091 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:42 am »

weekend!

yay! I can stay up later sleep longer than usual!

FTFY

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #89092 on: September 21, 2012, 10:48:16 am »

I prefer stay up late, wake up early.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89093 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

Only if its without an alarm clock and you feel rested.

Today i got a paper at school about the annual school party thing.
It has a sandwich bar, and you have to order things there so they can stock enough of everything and such.
The amusing thing here is that apparantly the sandwich bar is ran by the IT department or stuff from school, because there were some amusing sandwich names:

Mac sandwich
Linux sandwich
Word sandwich
Companymanagement sandwich (i kid you not!)
PHP sandwich

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89094 on: September 21, 2012, 11:17:15 am »

That Mac sandwich gotta taste like overpriced salad

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89095 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:08 am »

PHP sandwich- I got nothing on this one, all I know is .php is a type of file.

No infrastructure and usually a mess.  Its a sandwich without the bread (easy to make though!).
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89096 on: September 21, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »

PHP sandwich- I got nothing on this one, all I know is .php is a type of file.

No infrastructure and usually a mess.  Its a sandwich without the bread (easy to make though!).
A sandwich broken at every level, yet it's still a sandwich everyone likes.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89097 on: September 21, 2012, 12:45:18 pm »

Just heard the Medal Of Honor allied assault theme.
I nearly cried of nostalgia. My first shooter. (well, my first shooter was MoH:Vanguard, but i'm pretty sure the themes are very much alike)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89098 on: September 21, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »

Mine was Unreal Tournament, IIRC.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89099 on: September 21, 2012, 01:23:59 pm »

The only first person game I've been able to play for more than 15 minutes would be Portal.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 5938 5939 [5940] 5941 5942 ... 13325