Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5940 5941 [5942] 5943 5944 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793850 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89115 on: September 21, 2012, 01:57:20 pm »

But yeah kaijyuu, admitting that you've only played Skyrim is a first-tier faux pas.  :P
I've never played Skyrim.

That better?

But yeah, either Goldeneye or Wolfenstein 3D. I think I was eight back then? How the fuck did that game not screw me up.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #89116 on: September 21, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »

I just lost a lot of nerd cred didn't I  :-[

I'll fix my error someday! I promise!
I've never played Morrowind, just Oblivion and Skyrim.  It's ok, you'll always be a nerd to me D:

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89117 on: September 21, 2012, 02:10:27 pm »

:D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89118 on: September 21, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

First FPS? GoldenEye 007, probably. Good times.
ODDJOB!
* da_nang kneels, shaking his fist to the ceiling.
Curse you, Oddjob! Curse you for being shorter than everyone else!

I've never played Morrowind
D:
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89119 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

I've never played Morrowind

You should, even if the graphics are a bit outdated, it's still a pretty good great game.  :D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89120 on: September 21, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »

Wolfenstein 3D made a big impact, before that there were other "fps-likes" but nothing even compared. There was for instance this vietnam shooter where you were some kind of Rambo and escaped from a cell in the tunnels, can't find it now though.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89121 on: September 21, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

I've never played Morrowind, just Oblivion and Skyrim.  It's ok, you'll always be a nerd to me D:
Despite the dated graphics, Morrowind is quite fun, and in some ways is better than either Oblivion or Skyrim. And there's HD texture mods that improve the visuals...to a certain point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89122 on: September 21, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »

Despite the dated graphics, Morrowind is quite fun, and in some ways is better than either Oblivion or Skyrim. And there's HD texture mods that improve the visuals...to a certain point.
And theres a group that are currently building a engine to bring Morrowind up to date  graphics power.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89123 on: September 21, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »

And theres a group that are currently building a engine to bring Morrowind uptodate current graphics power.
Behold!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89124 on: September 21, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »

Err no i was thing more lines of this https://openmw.org/en/
i really mean a new engine

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89125 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:15 pm »

Yeah, that too.  :D

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89126 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:13 pm »

Wolfenstein 3D made a big impact, before that there were other "fps-likes" but nothing even compared. There was for instance this vietnam shooter where you were some kind of Rambo and escaped from a cell in the tunnels, can't find it now though.

Pretty sure that was the game of the film for Platoon, which I also had on the C64. There were 3 levels IIRC - one in the jungle, one in a foxhole at night, and one in tunnels.
This is a blank sig.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89127 on: September 21, 2012, 03:26:53 pm »

Pretty sure that was the game of the film for Platoon, which I also had on the C64. There were 3 levels IIRC - one in the jungle, one in a foxhole at night, and one in tunnels.
Ah yes, Platoon! Your memory is better than mine...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89128 on: September 21, 2012, 03:54:42 pm »

Not cool, invisible player character. Not cool.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #89129 on: September 21, 2012, 05:32:49 pm »

My first FPS was... well, I have vague memories of maybe playing Goldeneye at someone else's house. First one with any regularity was 007 Nightfire (usually over at my friend's house). First one owned was Call of Duty 4. Before discovering getting into Steam, I never really bought video games all that often.
Pages: 1 ... 5940 5941 [5942] 5943 5944 ... 13325