Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5543 5544 [5545] 5546 5547 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15804118 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Some of my family went to a music festival this last week + weekend. One of my favourite groups were playing, Orbital no less, but I couldn't go because of work. They got backstage tickets and got to meet a few of the performers. My little sister decided to get the autographs of the two Orbital brothers for me. Apparently she had to overcome some serious shyness but she managed it. I'm so proud of her and really chuffed at the autographs.

Halcyon + On + On and The Box Part 2 = ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
A fellow fan :D. Been listening to a lot of Insides lately.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Some of my family went to a music festival this last week + weekend. One of my favourite groups were playing, Orbital no less, but I couldn't go because of work. They got backstage tickets and got to meet a few of the performers. My little sister decided to get the autographs of the two Orbital brothers for me. Apparently she had to overcome some serious shyness but she managed it. I'm so proud of her and really chuffed at the autographs.

Halcyon + On + On and The Box Part 2 = ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
A fellow fan :D. Been listening to a lot of Insides lately.

I have trouble really getting into most of their other stuff, even though I think it's good.  Those two songs just really captivate me.  And The Box had a wicked music video.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Fair enough. They are good tracks.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

And so, I finally realized Rome II: Total War is being announced.

It is a glorious June 2nd.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

And so, I finally realized Rome II: Total War is being announced.

It is a glorious June 2nd.
It is July.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Sssshhh. Timey Wimey Ball.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

...July? Oh goddammit. Sleep deprivation and time machines do not help.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Through convoluted Wikiwalking (is there any other kind?), I discovered the entry for flyting, and thus discovered that ancient Saxon nobility passed the time by essentially holding "yo mama" contests.  :D
I'm reading, or rather, attempting to read the flyting of Dunbar and Kennedie right now. I kind of want to try this now, but I doubt I could find anyone who's up for the challenge.

I mean, I had an opponent in mind but he couldn't make it on account of his car's tires being slashed as it was being crushed by a steamroller in a trash compactor that was falling off a cliff. I honesty don't know how that happened, but I guess I should just take this championship flyting belt and go home then?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

The origin of the rap-off. I'm in awe right now.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Through convoluted Wikiwalking (is there any other kind?), I discovered the entry for flyting, and thus discovered that ancient Saxon nobility passed the time by essentially holding "yo mama" contests.  :D
I'm reading, or rather, attempting to read the flyting of Dunbar and Kennedie right now. I kind of want to try this now, but I doubt I could find anyone who's up for the challenge.

I mean, I had an opponent in mind but he couldn't make it on account of his car's tires being slashed as it was being crushed by a steamroller in a trash compactor that was falling off a cliff. I honesty don't know how that happened, but I guess I should just take this championship flyting belt and go home then?
I'm thinking Rowan Atkinson would make a master flyter.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quite possibly, although I hear he has a stutter.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Quite possibly, although I hear he has a stutter.
Relevant!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, but only someone like Atkinson (or maybe Hugh Laurie) could deliver lines like this:

"God made man in his own image and it would be a sad look out for Christians throughout the world if God looked anything like you."
"He's the most overrated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD 31 Best Disciple Competition."
"It's about as impressive as Stumpy O'Leg McNoleg's personal best in the Market Harborough Marathon."
 :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those totally sound like lines from Black Adder.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I reorganized some of my files, am not too bad at driving (despite having only an expired learner's permit), have gotten back into serious exercise, and am going to start working on programming again.
It feels good to have motivation. Even if that motivation is nothing at all.
Pages: 1 ... 5543 5544 [5545] 5546 5547 ... 13325