Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5541 5542 [5543] 5544 5545 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801709 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

And I lack a proper screwdriver.

The problem is heating and a vent that needs cleaning.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Thermal grease/glue needed? Stuff eventually melts, it does.

But yeah, tiny screw drivers are a tremendous help. It's not too bad, though, taking the thing apart, just pretty intensely time consuming. Goes a bit faster if you've got an extra set of hands helping out, but taking one of those damn things apart and putting it back together seems to take a good four or five hours at minimum if you're not practiced at it. A while, basically.

Still. Not too difficult, just time consuming. Other helpful thing is hard copy (either the original or a printout of the salient parts) of the user manual or a second computer you can pull thing thing up on. It's an interesting experience.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Thermal grease/glue needed? Stuff eventually melts, it does.

But yeah, tiny screw drivers are a tremendous help. It's not too bad, though, taking the thing apart, just pretty intensely time consuming. Goes a bit faster if you've got an extra set of hands helping out, but taking one of those damn things apart and putting it back together seems to take a good four or five hours at minimum if you're not practiced at it. A while, basically.

Still. Not too difficult, just time consuming. Other helpful thing is hard copy (either the original or a printout of the salient parts) of the user manual or a second computer you can pull thing thing up on. It's an interesting experience.
Manufacturers are known for shitty quality thermal grease in everything to laptops to game consoles. Arctic silver 5 or Arctic Cooling MX-4 are highly recommended replacements for any thermal paste needs.

Janet it might be a good idea to find a tech friend to take the laptop apart, theres way too many ways to fuck these things up.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

If you have to tell me to get a tech friend then you really don't know me well at all. If things were just slightly diffrent (As in anywhere for me to get a job at in town) I'd be doing this for a living.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

If you have to tell me to get a tech friend then you really don't know me well at all. If things were just slightly diffrent (As in anywhere for me to get a job at in town) I'd be doing this for a living.
hmm well there is onforce for onsite tech jobs, we do need some people out in texas

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

It feels very weird being addressed by full online handle all of a sudden when I'm used to people just shortening it to Cag. Janet looks pretty nervous, but I'm sure she knows what she's doing. She already mentioned her laptop uses regular small screws not something exotic.  And she did use to do it for a living until circumstances changed things a bit.

Still, if I have faith in anything it's Janet, she can come through with this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Spent the night with stalker chick (I'm flying to South Dakota tomorrow). Let us say we had way more fun than sleep.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, awesome! People don't play enough Monopoly these days. Who won? :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Spent the night with stalker chick (I'm flying to South Dakota tomorrow). Let us say we had way more fun than sleep.

Why is she "stalker chick"?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Probably because she was stalking him?

I've had a stalker before, and I found it terrifying and creepy, not awesome. Either speak up or give up, sheesh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a sort-of-stalker. She had a habit of knowing the exact time I would be at the station and would ambush me when I was buying my tickets. "Hello, stranger!"

She was a bit touchy-feely, and although I myself am normally perfectly happy to be hugged, it felt weird. Then that just died off. I guess she came to her senses.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Probably because she was stalking him?

I've had a stalker before, and I found it terrifying and creepy, not awesome. Either speak up or give up, sheesh.

I had a sort-of-stalker. She had a habit of knowing the exact time I would be at the station and would ambush me when I was buying my tickets. "Hello, stranger!"

She was a bit touchy-feely, and although I myself am normally perfectly happy to be hugged, it felt weird. Then that just died off. I guess she came to her senses.

PLAYAH'S GON' PLAY

I apologise. Obviously my LADOMETER hasn't recieved enough attention recently.  :P

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Mark Reads series and Legend of Korra are occupying all of my time.  I hope Mark Watches Korra sometime, that would basically be the best ever.
This is funny to me for obscure reasons.
Spoiler: Specifically... (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just avoid making stupid mistakes because you think you know what your doing. One of my coworkers, a seasoned professional, who DOES do this for a living still left a screwdriver in my laptop when he repaired it. (luckily, I pointed this out before he turned it on, since I'd been watching over his shoulder)

It was like watching a surgeon at work!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've left an incompatible RAM chip in a computer and had the original ram not clipped in. That very nearly went wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 5541 5542 [5543] 5544 5545 ... 13325