Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15810585 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I wish my beta invite would come ;_;

Normally I'd say this should go in the sad thread... Buuuuuttt....

Kya hehehehehe!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Me and a few others are having a grand old time playing some Transformice. Feel free to join in! It's a fun, easy to learn, ridiculous physics game that shows the most hilarious side of mob mentality.

We're in "/room vanilla12" if you'd like to join us!
That was indeed hella fun. I'm Transformiced out now, but I definitely wouldn't mind if we did it again sometime.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which avatar; Airbender, or blue catfolk?

Blue people.  Specifically, the animal-taming-with-genitalia scenes that are then later referenced when it comes to choosing a wife.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

Ah, Avatar. The Dances With Wolves of Science Fiction.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

So when I'm playing Diabolo 3 when do I get to be a Diabolo

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I wish my beta invite would come ;_;

Normally I'd say this should go in the sad thread... Buuuuuttt....

Kya hehehehehe!

hate you, so much.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:44:09 am by Japa »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Ah, Avatar. The Dances With Wolves of Science Fiction.
At least it makes for good forum avatar puns. :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Personally I thought it was Pocahontas + Fern Gully.

Pretty by the books "integrate into a new culture and get to like it" story. Competent, but nothing new.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Competent, but nothing new.
This. The story was mediocre, but the execution was just about flawless; the CG and excellent visual tech it used was really what made it the massive blockbuster it became.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

I watched it myself recently. The transference of consciousness reminded me of one of my favorite Dick novels, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, and the setting itself was fairly interesting too, the conlang for the Navi is one of the more complex ones I've seen in a work like that. Cameron did his due diligence, but the plot was pretty predictable.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

I still stand by my statement it was crap. I've never really bought the whole 'a character has to be humanoid for the audience to sympathize/empathize with it' thing. So Cameron had no excuse.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Just completed my first poem in a long time. Still haven't returned to a regular conscious state... Still floating on the clouds, so to speak, though I feel myself slowly returning to normalcy. I used to adore the temporary drifting of thought and trance-like state in which I'd find myself... Too cynical have I become, so easily wrought with grief or regret when looking back at what memory shows me.

Yesterday I was contemplating my life's ruin... A sequence of positive occurrences ultimately leading to naught but misery.

Today, upon the day of solar eclipse, hope has found me... How fitting.

Sharing the link to said poem in case anyone is up for a pleasant read.

http://maximilian-aurea.deviantart.com/art/Datastream-303258045
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Just finished act 3 of MSPA homestuck.
Damn, those outro's are AWESOME!

EDIT:
The intermission is messing with my mind alot... i dont really get whats going on anymore.
If it just were a monty python intermission :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:43:44 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Just finished act 3 of MSPA homestuck.
Damn, those outro's are AWESOME!

It's going uphill from there (albeit longwinded and probably in ways you don't like.)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 5288 5289 [5290] 5291 5292 ... 13326