Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5286 5287 [5288] 5289 5290 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801050 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Just bought Brave New World. It's been too long since I read a good dystopian novel.

It'll be a bit longer then, waka waka.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Had to clean out an apartment with some spots covered in mold (not black mold, thank goodness) today (and finishing up Monday). When hauling a bunch of carpet rollings to the dumpster in one of those 50lb. garbage cans, I couldn't help but have my perspective switch in to DF mode and see hauling options being placed regarding the stockpile/hauling tasks, and think of the trash can as a minecart or wheelbarrow. It cracked me up for much of the task.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I made it across Shinagawa to Arcadia without getting killed by the invading forces of chaos. Probably sneaking around and shooting things' stomachs helped.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm super hyped about my cousin. I went with him to Clarkston, to an Arm-Wrestling tournament where he entered into the Novice League.

My cousin DOMINATES both the left and right arm divisions in his weight class, and becomes the champion of both undefeated. It was an incredible, joyous occasion for him and us. We weren't sure how much progress he had made since his last tournament defeat which left him a bit sad, but he impressed everyone there and will probably progress into the Professional League.

He was so stoked about becoming a double Novice Champion, this is one of his greatest achievements and he can easily catapult himself to greater feats by continuing with his hard work.

For those keeping score, this is the same cousin that forced a bowling alley to stop it's "Bowl-all-you-want" deal, by bowling too much.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went the the museum today. They were holding a robot tournament with bots from a lot of local high schools! (and a few middle schools)

Made a bet with my brother, and the bot I put money down to win took the whole thing! (Out of 32 entrants, it fought my brothers chosen bot in the final match, and was 2-2 (out of 5) when my choice took victory)

It's so intense! Gods, so damned exciting. I think I almost understand how people can enjoy sports now. o___o

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Went the the museum today. They were holding a robot tournament with bots from a lot of local high schools! (and a few middle schools)

Made a bet with my brother, and the bot I put money down to win took the whole thing! (Out of 32 entrants, it fought my brothers chosen bot in the final match, and was 2-2 (out of 5) when my choice took victory)

It's so intense! Gods, so damned exciting. I think I almost understand how people can enjoy sports now. o___o
Strap on the shoulderpads, Glyph, I'mma talk your ear off about the benefits of a 4-4 defense!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Got to see one of my cousins for the first time in 10 years at my parents' yearly party.  I didn't know he was coming, and I usually just sit back and wallflower.  We ended up wallflowering together, talking about nerd topics and catching up surrounded by 40-50 year old bikers.

It was interesting.  There was like a 5 foot zone of emptyness surrounding us at the otherwise packed party.  And I got to catch up with my favorite cousin.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

A zone of inhibitation! *monocle pop* You, sir, must be an antibiotic!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Woo going to UVU for my minor in Comp Sci with minor in Chemistry!

FEAR THE AWESOME MIGHT OF SCIENCE

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I get to play the Torchlight II beta for a few days.

Yay~
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I get to play the Torchlight II beta for a few days.

Yay~

Have fun with it! I'm looking forward to the release.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Why was I thinking it was a robot arena kind of competition like the Comedy Central classic Battlebots?

I really miss that show. Looking back, it's hard to think the a Mythbusters owned that show competition-wise. Bio-Hazard (Jamie's battlebot) was probably the nastiest thing to encounter in that show besides Minion (Wedge bot with a circular saw on the backside). His was a rather flat wedge bot (on all sides) with a pneumatic lift arm in the middle. I also remember Deadblow (Gran's battlebot, which has also been reused for a couple myths) I think I still have a model of that battlebot somewhere in my collection of crap (it was a 2-in-one model where the same chassis could be used to make Minion as well).

EDIT:
Major derp on my memory there. Turns out the Mythbusters worked on Blendo, not Bio-Hazard; Blendo was fun to watch during the first seasons. Thank you trope pages for clearing that up for me. And the CMOA battles are always an awesome watch, and also good for a nostalgia shot.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:31:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

If I did battlebots, I would put a tesla coil on mine and arc weld my opponents.

Why do I feel like the robotics showcase at the museum involved foam basketballs?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Why do I feel like the robotics showcase at the museum involved foam basketballs?
Because competitions involving foam basketballs are in this year.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I always preferred the sledgehammers and circular saws.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5286 5287 [5288] 5289 5290 ... 13325