Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5098 5099 [5100] 5101 5102 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780477 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [┐('~`;)┌] The burritos are gone. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76485 on: April 15, 2012, 05:34:06 pm »

MLP is kind of like a Slice of life cartoon. Probably why the older people like it.
Your life must be pretty interesting.
Honestly it's closer to a Flintstones-esque setting than you might think. Everything's still mundane, just themed. Just because Fred drove his car with his feet on the road doesn't mean it's really any different than a modern car.

It's is one of the MLP's bigger weaknesses, actually. Good episodes tend to have some central fantastic element that doesn't have a modern analog, while the mediocre ones tend not to.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76486 on: April 15, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

I don't think that makes it slice of life at all though.  Slice of life is about depicting everyday situations, not making analogues of them in a fantasy world.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76487 on: April 15, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »

Okay, I've pinned the takeoff time. According to this article, I may have to wake up early. It's confirmed, Tuesday at 7AM will be when it will off. Let's hope there's plenty of light that morning so I can get a good shot of it flying by. I'll bet the noise of it will wake me up the rest of the way.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76488 on: April 15, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »

I don't think that makes it slice of life at all though.  Slice of life is about depicting everyday situations, not making analogues of them in a fantasy world.
I define it by the conflicts. If the conflict is distinctly human interaction you see most every day, then I'd call it slice of life.

Good example: Kiki's Delivery Service. Fantastic elements, with the flying and talking cat and whatnot, but still very very much slice of life.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #76489 on: April 15, 2012, 06:49:12 pm »

Welp, ran into this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StarStrike

A game released for the sega CD in 2001, featuring a whole 38 minutes of gameplay, 30 of those minutes stock footage.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUm_55M6tnQ&list=PL9ABE94010B3E7E85&index=1&feature=plpp_video

You're welcome, and don't forget to waggle the joystick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76490 on: April 15, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

Retsupurae did it too?  I don't remember seeing that...

Yay more to do
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:54:07 pm by ToonyMan »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #76491 on: April 15, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »

Welp, ran into this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StarStrike

A game released for the sega CD in 2001, featuring a whole 38 minutes of gameplay, 30 of those minutes stock footage.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUm_55M6tnQ&list=PL9ABE94010B3E7E85&index=1&feature=plpp_video

You're welcome, and don't forget to waggle the joystick.

A bit of a warning. The game StarStrike may cause your brain to forcefully vacate your head. So do not watch the above videos unless you are living impaired or have spoken to a doctor. StarStrike should not be taken if you are pregnant or nursing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76492 on: April 15, 2012, 06:56:42 pm »

Pfff I've sat through Dark Seed 1 & 2, Cobra Space Adventure, King's Quest VI, and everything else I've forgotten (Bruce Willis, Other M).  Let's do this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:59:17 pm by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76493 on: April 15, 2012, 08:46:12 pm »

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen such a high standard of carpentry in any other game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76494 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »

The forums are back! Yay!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76495 on: April 15, 2012, 08:52:14 pm »

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen such a high standard of carpentry in any other game.
WE HAD AN ARMY OF CARPENTERS WORK ON THIS GAME

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76496 on: April 15, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #76497 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:36 pm »

Enjoying a particular form of trap in ace of spades. First, I sneak my way over to the enemy base. Then I dig under it, and make a little hole. I fill it in with blocks of my teams colors, and wait for the other team's curiosity to get the best of them. When they break through, I beat them to death with my shovel.

I'm so bad :3

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #76498 on: April 15, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »

I just baked bacon and choc chip cookies. Somehow, they're edible and almost tasty, though not quite as firm as I'd have liked.
くコ:彡

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76499 on: April 15, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »

The new two best friends play is amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 5098 5099 [5100] 5101 5102 ... 13325