Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4790 4791 [4792] 4793 4794 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779513 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71865 on: February 18, 2012, 10:15:54 am »

I am mostly annoyed by the fact that I lost my save after that one sequential climax boss.

That and the fact that I couldn't go anywhere without running into one of these bonus bosses. Seriously, I found almost all of them entirely by accident.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71866 on: February 18, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

I didn't really like FFX.  Something about the whole game annoyed me.

FF8 (which I know, the combat mechanics sucked) and FF6 are still my favorites.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71867 on: February 18, 2012, 11:59:42 am »

... since I have no idea who Cameron is, I'll go with the Avatar whose technological progression makes more sense.

Which is to say Avatar, the Last Airbender. Odd choice, but interesting.
James Cameron, the person behind the other Avatar.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71868 on: February 18, 2012, 01:06:11 pm »

The blitzball minigame in FFX was one of the best in the series. I had as much fun with it as I did the chocobo racing/inbreeding game. Although once you got Tidus up to par the game was basically just about passing it to him and sphere shotting it into the goal.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71869 on: February 18, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »

The blitzball minigame in FFX was one of the best in the series. I had as much fun with it as I did the chocobo racing/inbreeding game. Although once you got Tidus up to par the game was basically just about passing it to him and sphere shotting it into the goal.

Blitzball was SO FUN, though it was a tad broken in that the rewards were shit except for getting Wakka's thing for his super weapon, and the occasional Dark Matter; and the enemy AI was silly to the point of always being walked over. I limited myself to only using the original team of Aurochs, and still steamrolled them, even if it was more challenging.

I got a little attached to them though, I still want a T-shirt that says "I *heart* Datto!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #71870 on: February 18, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »

Oh that could be it....
I'm going to try and run it from my SSD tonight, see if that speeds up the loading/saving times significantly.
Oh. Oh my. DF loads and saves so effing fast...  :o

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71871 on: February 18, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »

Working out the ramifications of a culture where murder is not only an acceptable method of improving one's social status, but the expected method is surprisingly fun. This is why I love worldbuilding.

If you've ever watched the War Planets(called "Shadow Raiders" in Canada due to laws against the word "war" in children's cartoon titles), Planet Bone has this as their method of changing leadership.
Anyway, re: FFVII grind: This is why you play on emulators ♫

Fastforward button. Also known as "Oh hey Imma grind 6 hours worth in console time in like a 1/5th or less realtime." Speed up command makes JRPGs so much more bearable, heh.
Screw the 1/5th of 6 hours(too lazy to do the math). I used a memory hack program to set Cloud's EXP to 1 million. Turns out when other characters join, their level scale towards Cloud's(1 million EXP put clout at level 79, Aeris joined at L69). And then I hacked materia to high levels too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71872 on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:03 pm »

Well, I was specifically not going as far as outright cheating ;)

I usually do cheat up infinite money in... well, most RPGs that have infinite money sources, really. Gets me neat loot while both saving time and -- usually -- making the game a bit harder, since I'm lower level than I would be had I ground my way to the loot naturally. That tends to be as far as I go, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71873 on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »

Fastforward button. Also known as "Oh hey Imma grind 6 hours worth in console time in like a 1/5th or less realtime." Speed up command makes JRPGs so much more bearable, heh.
Screw the 1/5th of 6 hours(too lazy to do the math). I used a memory hack program to set Cloud's EXP to 1 million. Turns out when other characters join, their level scale towards Cloud's(1 million EXP put clout at level 79, Aeris joined at L69). And then I hacked materia to high levels too.
Somewhat defeats the point, you'd be as well just disabling battles altogether.

I like the feeling of accomplisment that comes from kicking the Midgar Zolom's ass without breaking a sweat.

And having Beta really makes the next disc or 2 simple.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71874 on: February 18, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »

Exactly.  I wanna play FFXIII because Sazh looked so damn awesome.

Ah... well.  Maybe I'll just borrow it from a friend, if I have friends with vidjagames by then.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

OwlEpicurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71875 on: February 18, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »

I couldn't bring myself to play FFXIII for more than a few hours.  I never noticed before how important towns are to a game's pacing.  Without them it felt like one long slog through a never-ending dungeon.  However, I may go back to the game this summer.  I won't exactly have anything else to do, and I am interested in learning more about some of the characters, including Sazh.

I spent way too much time with FFXII.  I have three main save files for it on my memory card from different playthroughs totalling over 230 hours.  I think I still have ~3 major boss fights left in the furthest one, too.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71876 on: February 18, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

I was so sad when I lost the memory card I had my main game on. I was about 2/3 of the way through Yiazmat*, too.

*Is it cheating, or else established policy, to run back to the save point every time you run out of MP?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71877 on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

Hey Vector, start up another stream. I'd love to watch you play FFVII.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71878 on: February 18, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »

Exactly.  I wanna play FFXIII because Sazh looked so damn awesome.

Ah... well.  Maybe I'll just borrow it from a friend, if I have friends with vidjagames by then.

my girlfriend at the time bought me FFXIII the day it came out, I played it for about an hour or two and really couldn't play anymore.  It's one of the worst Final Fantasy games I've ever played.  Ya it looks nice.  But I hate the battle system, I don't like ANY of the characters, or the story.
Ya it looks pretty, some of the best graphics I've seen to date, and if thats all you care about you'll love this game.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71879 on: February 18, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »

Some people are gushing, and I mean GUSHING over FFXIII-2, when really I don't see the difference between that and the original.

I don't like it that some of my favorite youtube LP'ers are playing a game that's too boring to even watch.
Pages: 1 ... 4790 4791 [4792] 4793 4794 ... 13325