Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4789 4790 [4791] 4792 4793 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779365 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71850 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:10 am »

I don't mean FFX.  I'd probably buy FFXIII and a bunch of other stuff new-ish.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71851 on: February 18, 2012, 03:13:47 am »

Ah.

Don't buy FF13.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71852 on: February 18, 2012, 03:14:07 am »

FFXIII?
FFXIII?
*Vivid flashbacks*
*Cries in corner*
the hall just kept going... the hall just kept going... why wont it stop..? i dont understand why it wont stop...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71853 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:01 am »

Oh, really?  It's actually that bad?

Shame... I thought that the character designs looked surprisingly cool, especially chocobo-dude.  Maybe FFXIII-versus will be reasonable...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71854 on: February 18, 2012, 03:16:31 am »

Final fantasy sequels do not have a good reputation.

FFX-2?
FFX-2?
*Vivid flashbacks*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71855 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:35 am »

Never played x-2 but have heard lots of good things about it, actually. Mostly the battle system.

Only consistent complaint that isn't along the lines of "omg girly" is the recycled assets and maps. Kinda justified though, given it's the same world and everything.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71856 on: February 18, 2012, 03:29:07 am »

Yea, combat system was wonderful... Best of the entire series I would say, it was everything you want in a combat system.
The problem was that the rest of it was just a bastardisation of everything FFX was. Seriously, the character growth in X-2 is just the slow reversal of everything that happened in X.
Spoiler: Real spoilers (click to show/hide)

It also holds the record for having the only cut scene so bad I just put down the controller and left the room. Were it not for the epic combat system, I would not have played past the first hour.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71857 on: February 18, 2012, 03:36:54 am »

FFX is my 2nd favorite FF.  I also miss JRPGs.  I haven't played one since becoming a parent.  I don't enjoy them unless I can set aside a large chunk of uninterrupted time every day to power through them.  Any other way feels like watching a movie in 5 minute daily intervals.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71858 on: February 18, 2012, 04:52:56 am »

Ah.

Don't buy FF13.

Just listen to this guy. DO. NOT. BUY. THAT. STUPID. GAME.

It's just a ton of hallways with an idiot plot. And there's no towns. XIII-2 is better in that regard (minus plot), or at least I heard/read. But XIII-2's music is absolutely horrendous, at least in my opinion.

Only saving grace of that series is Sazh, the frocobo, gun-toting black guy in XIII.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71859 on: February 18, 2012, 05:04:17 am »

Yea, it was a real shame, especially after XII.
I liked XII, although it was a bit of a change of pace from the others. A lot more about the political side of things, and less about the personal issues of your party. You weren't dealing with the standard close quarters battle between opposed moralities, you were a playing piece in a larger landscape. Also, some of the best music and scenery in the series. Eye candy for sure.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71860 on: February 18, 2012, 06:35:43 am »

So I just saw a copy of the Necrons 5th Ed codex and after all the "They Changed It And Now It Sucks" talk my only thoughts are:
"I'm okay with this."
The new trooper designs are genuinely cool and the Triarch Stalker is made of awesome. I'm reluctant to read the fluff, as it was written Matt Ward, and I'm on the fence about the vehicles but the change appears to have been a good thing.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71861 on: February 18, 2012, 08:37:03 am »

And in case anyone was wondering what the outline was about think Magic the Gathering crossed with Transformers and Avatar.
... which Avatar? There's at least two that have major media expressions.

Anyway, re: FFVII grind: This is why you play on emulators ♫

Fastforward button. Also known as "Oh hey Imma grind 6 hours worth in console time in like a 1/5th or less realtime." Speed up command makes JRPGs so much more bearable, heh.

If its being combined with Transformers take a wild guess at which Avatar it is :P. (2009)

But anyway in my head what it comes down to its going to be modern world thing where the cards come to life. Figured Cameron would be perfect for that given his role in Avatar.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71862 on: February 18, 2012, 08:48:14 am »

... since I have no idea who Cameron is, I'll go with the Avatar whose technological progression makes more sense.

Which is to say Avatar, the Last Airbender. Odd choice, but interesting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71863 on: February 18, 2012, 10:00:54 am »

Testing the latest version of Wolfy's Cataclysm mod, smithing is awesome. Even though I'm apparently lifting molten steel with my hands and willing it to form into nails.
*Hugs*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71864 on: February 18, 2012, 10:08:24 am »

That is why I liked FFX... Played through the entire story line without once ever needing to grind, and still found the game challenging. Sometimes I had to cheat by getting drive gauges up before a hard fight then blast it with wave after wave of summons, but by that point a lot of bosses can pretty much 1 hit K.O your petty aeons. All in all, beautifully balanced.

Yet it seems to gather a lot of hate, and I don't think I understand why...
It's annoying, because I really liked the combat in FFX.  And most of the gameplay really.  But then there were these long, unskippable cutscenes with the stupid voice acting (although I guess the fact that my playstation froze up on the HD cutscenes and only restarted after another 2 minutes didn't help).  I couldn't bring myself to play it fast enough to finish before my friend wanted it back :P.
Pages: 1 ... 4789 4790 [4791] 4792 4793 ... 13325