Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2097 2098 [2099] 2100 2101 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848248 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #31471 on: December 12, 2010, 12:48:01 am »

i'M CONFUSED LIKE A FOX
tHE SORT OF FOX THAT IS EXTREMELY SELF-CONFIDENT

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #31472 on: December 12, 2010, 01:15:10 am »

So...

Is it wrong to be playing Oblivion as a loli non canon elf and enjoy it as much as I do?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31473 on: December 12, 2010, 01:17:20 am »

not really.

that's what 90% of the oblivion mods are anyways.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31475 on: December 12, 2010, 01:40:33 am »

So...

Is it wrong to be playing Oblivion as a loli non canon elf and enjoy it as much as I do?
You're lucky. My computer can't handle all the bloomy/shiny stuff that was meant to hide the flaws in the character models. Everyone looks ugly. :|
 I should probably switch to the lowest resolution and add some effects, like I did with Metro 2033.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31476 on: December 12, 2010, 01:47:18 am »

Just finished Surface Detail.

Ian M. Banks is so great.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31477 on: December 12, 2010, 02:03:35 am »

So what are all the mods you use in Oblivion, anyway? Looks a lot better than the version I'm running.

I'm happy because I finally started writing up the MANGRIT Pokemon Ruby challenge I was planning in Play With Your Buddies. This game is so awesome once you start removing the ability to revive.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31478 on: December 12, 2010, 02:35:52 am »

The party was a success, there's even some rum left, and even though my hangover is pretty severe and the entire place smells like cigars now i don't really care :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31479 on: December 12, 2010, 03:20:41 am »

Tried playing OTTD, got bored almost immediately and gave it up after a few minutes.  That's a good sign.

Have instead mostly been scribbling notes for another homebrew table-top.  It's coming together, but still kinda ugly.  I suppose I'll make a thread about it soon.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31480 on: December 12, 2010, 06:03:58 am »

Ah, well it's the obvious choice after Cyrodil, right? Just seemed like the next logical step.

I also remember reading something about Bethesda registering the name as a trademark or something. I think it was one of a few.
The real tell was when MK started churning out new Nord lore, though.

TES continuation, awesome. Skyrim, also awesome. Dragons, fucking awesome.
Point to note: For all it's rote fantasy trappings, Morrowind being the only real exception to that, and all the lip-service it has paid to dragons, they have never actually appeared in an Elder Scrolls game.  Daggerfall had "dragonlings" and a glitched out dragon-model that existed only in data, but that's it.  I had the same surprise at the trailer, but that "dragon" was just imagery, who knows if there will be actual dragons.
Exactly why I'm excited for this, dragons are finally going to make an appearance. It's rather unlikely that there will be no dragons, considering the fact that it said "the only one that could stand up to them" or something.

I'm kind of curious who's narrating though...

Oh, and just because they give you a name to your guy (or girl, really), doesn't mean you can't make your own character, if they're vague enough in the backstory or whatever else there is. Hell, "Dragonborn" is more of a title anyway. We don't even have a guarantee that Dragonborn is the PC, like MSH said.
The dragons were the gods. Another part of TES lore gone to the butcher's shops for the sake of making an "epic" game, I guess.
Yes, I am bitter about it. Though I guess I should not pretend be too surprised, it was a bit of a roundabout weaseling (to explain why there was no dragons) as well as fanon (by drawing conclusions from what the devs hinted at, which is/were tradition from both sides) to begin with, but it still makes me a bit sad. I guess this is the wrong thread.

Oh man, I can't wait to see the bitching and moaning that's gonna ensue in Other Games when the You Know Whos find out about TES5.
Is that a hint of elitism I perceive? :P
Love, scriver~

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #31481 on: December 12, 2010, 06:19:12 am »

Oh man, I can't wait to see the bitching and moaning that's gonna ensue in Other Games when the You Know Whos find out about TES5.

Go look at the Skyrim discussion on the Bethsoft boards. It's all "OMG! ELEVEN! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?", "GRAPHICS WILL SUCK" and "NO DRM/STEAM PLOX". Yeah, there's other stuff in there, but I'm fed up of those.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31482 on: December 12, 2010, 06:27:25 am »

I'm rather excited about this to be honest. The TES series is a favourite.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:29:15 am by lordnincompoop »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #31483 on: December 12, 2010, 06:33:13 am »

Oh yeah, I want it, but I'm going to carefully ignore the hype. It worked for Oblivion. That, and copious amounts of mods.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31484 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:57 am »

Indeed. And this time, I will remain spoiler-free.
Pages: 1 ... 2097 2098 [2099] 2100 2101 ... 13326