Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Apexwhips - Convicts at large  (Read 24006 times)

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apexwhips - Convicts at large
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2010, 04:49:47 pm »

At first I was like:
-_- : Oh, somebody bumped ApexWhips.

Then I was like:
;D

Sorry for the long delay.  :-[  I have started a new coding project that was (and is) consuming vast quantities of my time.  (I am writing a MU* in C++ from scratch. Probably because I'm insane.)

At any rate, I'll try to do better about managing my time so I can do updates more often and perhaps on a real schedule.

I also have to say thanks for everyone who has commented here!  ;D
That is part of what keeps me coming back.  Well that and my finance whom I think would murder me in my sleep if I didn't keep updating. (She likes the story too. )
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:48 pm »

Hmm, a MU*. Neat. Don't want to go off topic, but what's your general theme? I've messed with a few, and found them to be kind of fun.

Anyway, this story is worth the wait. I can't wait till our crimes finally catch up with us! ;D

Run, my lovable little convicts, run!!

EDIT: Fail spelling is fail. ;_;
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:18:40 pm by rickvoid »

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2010, 06:45:25 pm »

I'm still waiting for when Athel will come back. It's going to be fun with Mandy tearing her a new one for piling on her several more dwarves.

I love the story, and I wonder where the goblins are at.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »

Hmm, a MU*. Neat. Don't want to go off topic, but what's your general theme. I've messed with a few, and found them to be kind of fun.

Anyway, this story is worth the wait. I can't wait till our crimes finally catch up with us! ;D

Run, my lovable little covicts, run!!

Well I'm writing the engine with the intent you could build whatever kind of game you wanted off it so it does not have a specific theme per say.

That said, the intended first application of this is to replace an older engine which is no longer being updated on the MU* I am head-admin on.  (It is loosely based off the webcomic Sluggy Freelance)

If you want any more information, feel free to PM me.  :)
(So as to keep the off-topic here a minimum.)

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2010, 12:54:12 pm »

I`ll take a dwarf:

Name: Gyron
Profession: Engineer (Siege Engineer/Siege Operator/Mechanic)
Backstory: PM

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »

I`ll take a dwarf:

Name: Gyron
Profession: Engineer (Siege Engineer/Siege Operator/Mechanic)
Backstory: PM

PM received.
Your now on the list. :)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2010, 09:44:16 am »

I'm sorry, I took a few days off from tracking my community forts to take care of a friends kids and missed the dwarf selection. You can either assign the name later (just claim he decided to change his name after seeing a liaison or trader he thought might recognize him/her) or just wait, sorry.

Glad to have the story continuing.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:30 am »

Great update.  The story should start to really take off with a few more bodies around to do the grunt work.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2010, 10:15:18 pm »

Just posting to mention that this is still my favorite community fort, and I'm looking foreward to reading more.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:15 pm »

Requesting Dwarfage:

Name: Overlord
Skills: Military, preferably hammer.

Backstory will be PM'd post Haste.

Edit because in the process of writing the PM I had an epiphany regarding his job.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:09:41 pm by Urist McOverlord »
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2010, 05:00:11 pm »

Got the PM for Overloard. 

Working on the next update. Hope to have it done later today. 

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »

Stay away from my lunch!

Loki was throwing another party in the dining hall when in stomped Akigagak covered in blood and assorted bits and caring a roast. The festivities died down to watch her walk up to the table, trailing blood.  Even Loki stopped in her dancing to stare at her. She looked back up at Loki standing on the tables, “You step in my food and I take your legs off.” she grumbled as she sat down.

“What happened to you?” asked Loki still starting down at her.

“Can't I just eat my food in peace?” Akigagak muttered.  “I've already had to deal with one obstacle for this meal.”

Loki sat down on the table. “Come on, you can't just come in here interrupting my party with an entrance like that and not escape without providing some entertainment.”
“Yes, tell us what happened!” chimed in a few other dwarves in the room.

Akigagak groaned, “Fine, fine. Get someone to bring me a barrel of sunshine and I'll tell you.”
There was a cheer from the other dwarves and Akigagak soon found herself with a barrel of sunshine at her side and a room full of dwarves facing her eagerly.

“So there I was, on patrol looking for more slugmen or snailmen trying to sneak up on us when I started feeling a bit peckish.”  she started off. “I headed back towards the fort, thinking of nothing more than what kind of roast I wanted, when I hear the tell tale glurbling of a snailman up ahead.  Apparently the thing had sneaked in behind me to investigate, or possible eat, one of it's fellows I had dealt with earlier.”

(This is going to end badly for the snailman.)

“The snailman was between me and my lunch, so I grabbed my axe and charged the beast.  It ran in terror of course, cowardly thing.”  Akigagak paused in her story to dunk her head in the barrel at her side. “Ahhh....  As I was saying, I chased the thing through the woods.  It tried dodging behind some trees but I kept on it.  I caught up with it right before we reached the fort.  It zigged when it should have zagged and I put my momentum to good use, sending it flying with a swipe of the broadside of my axe.”

(Akigagak punts the snailman.)

Akigagak paused again for another dunk in the barrel. “Oh yea.... Mmmm... Now where was I?” 
“You had just punted the snailman.” prompted Loki.

“Right.  It sailed through the air and hit a tree, stunning it.  I charged up and took out my irritation at having my meal delayed with my axe.  Limbs flew off and I knocked it's head clean over the tree it had hit.  It was quite the mess, and you know what they say.”

“No what?” asked Loki.

“The bigger the mess the better the job.”  supplied Akigagak. “Now if you don't mind, may I finish the rest of my roast?”

“Considering what you did to that snailman for getting in your way, I'm not going to be the one to tell you you can't.” said Loki grinning. “Thanks for the story.”
Akigagak mumbled something incoherent through a mouth full of roast as the rest of the party applauded her tale.

(Here in Dwarf Fortress you can tell how well done a job was by the number of body parts it results in.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:04:40 pm by The_Fool76 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2010, 06:41:20 pm »

human midget.

dont forget

must has humorz!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2010, 06:01:34 pm »

Are you sure she's a dwarf?

Chief Mandy's Log - Opal 1, 2016: 
Well now that I have a proper office, I figured I might as well start keeping a log of events in this fort.  The first of note is obviously the completion of my new office.  A few of the other's thought I might have gone overboard with the size of my new desk, but when I pointed out that the whole point was to intimidate Athel, they went along with my plans.  Once that new stone carver is done smoothing out our bedrooms, I think I will have her smooth and engrave my office. 

(Mandy surveys her new office.)

We also finished work on the new underground workshop room so now most of us can now come down out of the weather.  Still don't have a room for food processing or any underground farms yet though, so I am still stuck above ground while doing my brewing.  The main reason for this is that sun berries only grow outside.  Loki, ever our source of new ideas, has suggested that with all the sand we could make glass blocks and even put the sun berry farms underground.  That gal is the most educated peasant girl I have ever seen, I wonder what she is hiding. 
*note to self, make sure I keep this log locked up*

(The fort's new underground workshop area.)

Speaking of things being underground, one of our new dwarves, Derm, has been behaving oddly.  She seems reluctant to go underground and I've caught her grimacing now and then after taking a drink.  Now, I know my brewing may not still be the greatest but what dwarf makes a face at anything with alcohol in it?  The other thing odd about her is that she sometimes hangs onto her beard as if she is afraid it might fall off her face.  Derm is definitely on my list of folks to watch.  Or she would be, if I had a list.  Well heck, I'll make one now.

Dwarves to watch:
  • Jarvous – Creepy
  • Loki – Too smart for her own good
  • Derm – Not very dwarven

Well, I think that's enough for now.  I just wanted to write something down now that I have a desk to write stuff on. 

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »

Cheeseoffice! :P

Poor Jarvous, not having any bones to carve. XD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16