Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 71025 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2009, 01:27:52 pm »

@Meth

So to you, which one of the three should be hammered, and, if you have it already, which one shall we lynch?

If you are solid on the hammer, able to put a vote up on them?

Let me go back through and look at those three and I'll be able to answer this. My gut says Boksi and RedWarrior0 since Brothernature has been more lurky then bandwagoning, but I want to confirm that before I vote for a hammer. My current vote on brothernature is to pressure him into talking, so do not take that as a vote to hammer him yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2009, 01:39:49 pm »

Oh, hey MP. This might not have been purposeful, but you really didn't answer a question I posed a while ago.

Quote from: Me
On a more serious note, well no shit Sherlock, what were you expecting, us to roll over and bow to your will? I think Alexhans is town, so I defend him. He thinks I'm town, he defends me. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE SCUMMY, PERIOD.

Whil I was typing this, I just realized something. Imagine, for a second, Alexhans is scum and I'm town. Would he not of, you know, acted on his bet with ToonyMan? Not only would it kill off a townie (At the town's request, no less), but it also would have made him seem less scummy and put a major egg on ToonyMan's face as well as half the rest of the town. This just makes me all the more certain of Alexhans not being scum. Of course, it could be, say, a ToonyMan Alexhans scumteam, but if that's the case, I precongratulate you two on managing to be hard to detect... but also really stupid.

In the first two sentences, you say that if you think someone's town, you should defend him, period. If I may ask a question, should you still do this if you don't have solid evidence? Should you do this if you have to resort to broken/half-assed arguments? Should you do this even if it means potentially poisoning the town's momentum?

Oh, sorry, I must have missed that. And my answer is yes, you should defend players you think are town. You could spend all day worrying if you're wrong, or you can just go forward if you're right. However, you should only do this if the evidence, the good evidence, says that the person is town. You know, town reads, good scum hunting, pressuring players and constantly voting scum, all that good shit. If you're "resorting to broken half-assed arguments", reconsider who you think is on the town. So yes, defend players you think are town but don't worry about the rest of the town. If all goes well, you can convince them to at least look elsewhere, you just have to be good at saying why the other guy is town. Worst case scenario, the town lynches both of you. That's a terrible town and really good scum, so meh. If you're wrong and the other player really is scum, if you didn't realize that at some point in the game it's not like you were going to lynch that player off, so you were going to lose anyways.. And if the town lynches the both of you, that's 1 townie for 1 scum, good deal.

Don't let small details like possibly being wrong get in the way of what you're doing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2009, 01:42:52 pm »

Not sure I would go by that strategy, but, at least, it no longer sounds like a wacky-silly strategy.

And yes, that makes that the fourth paragraph I would've loved to have had days ago.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2009, 01:45:50 pm »

Not sure I would go by that strategy, but, at least, it no longer sounds like a wacky-silly strategy.

And yes, that makes that the fourth paragraph I would've loved to have had days ago.

Lots of stuff gets lost in WoT's, the one thing I don't like about them. You know, maybe we should just PM each other questions so they don't get lost in the WoT's. It's quite sad that I'm almost considering doing that. Almost.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been answered but, when does the day end?  :-P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 29, 2009, 02:01:32 pm »

Ok, I've gone through and grabbed stuff from Boksi, RedWarrior0, and Brother nature.

Let's see what we have here:

brothernature

Why don't we get Alex to hammer-kill Person when the day resets instead of wasting the days lynch? I'd much rather do that, so if he does flip town, we might have a chance to lynch scum today.

Analysis: Dakarian picked this up and started pushing for the Hammer of Mr.Person. After this post, well, nothing at all from brothernature as far as I saw. I really want brothernature to show up and play. I know 30-odd pages of stuff is a lot to ask a new player to go through, but at the very least he could look at the last couple of pages and give us something to work off of. I'm not really willing to lynch him at this point, though, since there is little to go off of.

RedWarrior0

Oh, shoot. My post count for the day got reset.
I wouldn't be surprised if a role named after me was another one based off lurking.

So I need another post.

Archangel, why are dakarian, meph, diakron, zai, cheeetar, and pandar "no comment"? What exactly do you want me to come out and do, other than post and vote my suspicions?

We've decided to hammer ArchAngel? Let's figure out who to lynch after him. Alex was refusing to DK Mr.Person at one point. Pandar and Toony are seeming to agree. Archangel is as good as dead at this point.

By the way, has cj posted much recently?

How many do you need voting him to use the hammer? Because a majority is 8 IIRC, and we have 6 on him.

Also, I assume your decision to wait for his claim means your decision on the hammer as well. What role(s) would you choose to not hammer?

Okay. I'll unvote.

Alex, why were you so sure that Mr.Person was town earlier? Scumbuddies with him, perhaps?

More later. I'm currently getting kicked off the computer.

---- The heck? Alex, I assume you're joking here, right?
Yes.  RedWarrior... and with you too?  Did you forget about our quicktopic or something?   ::)  I AM pretty sure Mr.Person is town. 

Why are you unvoting Archangel?  Why did you vote him in the first place?  Why didn't you mention you had any suspicions about me being with Mr.Person before?

"More later"?  I hope there's something else than this poor attempt to copycat others so you look like scumhunting.

---- Back to RedWarrior
Is this how Alexhans normally plays? Insistance that a person is town, based off meta-knowledge? An absolute Lynch all Lurkurs policy? Second, I doubt he would have hammered on the first Day 1 if the Cobrarsenic role ability was known. Better yet, he would have hammered a mafia guy.
So, to be sort of productive, I re-propose the hammering of Mr.Person.

@Diakron: As zai told me, web makes mistakes sometimes. And as you said, he isn't a god.

Analysis: Lots of bandwagoning and pushing to hammer Mr.Person without really giving many reasons of his own. Sounds to me like he might be scum trying to rush things along and get a townie killed.

Boksi

Hmmm. I don't really have any excuse for not posting except forgetfulness. I don't have that much experience in these things, so I haven't made many assumptions either. But for now, I'll unvote and vote chaoticjosh. It seems like a decent idea right now, or at least better than trying to lynch Alexhans. Besides, it's getting a clear majority already.

Right now, I'm the most suspicious of Mr. Person, due to his general behavior, but I'm not ruling out anybody but myself.

Well, my reason for voting Alexhans was Mr. Person's defense of him. I found it very suspicious and he seems to be overreacting to a lot of things. Not frothing at the mouth, sure, but his overall writing style seems a little... agitated.

Now, I'd also like you to remember that I don't have as much experience as most of you do, so my inexperience means I don't always make good decisions or arguments.

...That's just going to make you suspect I'm scum trying a "i'm new halp plz" ploy, isn't it?

Anyway, I seem to be overly fond of bandwagoning, so I'm voting Mr. Person now.

Hm. I guess I don't have this burning drive compelling me to read and write massive walls of text and analyze people based on their current behavior, future behavior and behavior in relation to current knowledge and other people's behavior. Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?

Compare my behavior if you want. I was scum in Mind & Magic Mafia 2 and Ridiculous Mafia 2. I can't be bothered to do this analysis stuff.

But on to Meph's question. Why did I bandwagon Mr. Person? It's a question which I can't truly answer myself. I guess I didn't like his overzealousness. I mean, he seems like the most aggressive person in this game, well outpacing Alexhans. But maybe that's because I don't spend as much time poring over this thread like you guys?

Hm. I guess I don't have this burning drive compelling me to read and write massive walls of text and analyze people based on their current behavior, future behavior and behavior in relation to current knowledge and other people's behavior. Instead I make hasty decisions based on hunches. Hee, I'm being a bad player. How amusing. Or not, if you take a freaking text game on the internet seriously enough to hold grudges, but I don't think you do. Do you?

Compare my behavior if you want. I was scum in Mind & Magic Mafia 2 and Ridiculous Mafia 2. I can't be bothered to do this analysis stuff.

But on to Meph's question. Why did I bandwagon Mr. Person? It's a question which I can't truly answer myself. I guess I didn't like his overzealousness. I mean, he seems like the most aggressive person in this game, well outpacing Alexhans. But maybe that's because I don't spend as much time poring over this thread like you guys?

That's fine, just one small detail. Why, exactly, is aggressiveness scummy?

Well, aggression isn't exactly scummy... How do I put this? Well, I really can't point to anything concrete. There's something about his style, especially early on, that just rubs me the wrong way.

Well. I have to stabilize my sleep patterns and it's almost eleven, so...

Eh, I've been trying to think of something to say for a while now but I realized I don't have anything worthwhile to say. I'll be trying to follow these massive WOTs, and while it is doable with my degree of reading comprehension I really want to say that I don't find WOTs to be such a good thing. Especially when WOTs start quoting WOTs in their entireties.

Anyway, I might have more things to say more when something concrete has happened. As in actual events, like webadict getting hammered. I still suspect Person enough to maintain my vote on him, mostly because his flip will really influence my reasoning.

So, status quo for me.

FAKE-EDIT: OH GOD ZAI, PARAGRAPHS, PARAGRAPHS. I CAN BARELY READ THAT!

Analysis: Playing the new player card a lot and is both jumping on bandwagons and acting really cautious. Most of his arguments are based on 'feelings' and 'post style' rather then any concrete behavior. Could be new player anxiety, or he could be a new scum player who's not sure what to do. I'm still leaning scum.

So, I'm going to unvote and vote RedWarrior0, with an intention to vote Boksi afterwards. Redwarrior0 seems a bit more scummy, since I know he's been in a few mafias at this point. I don't know Boksi's playstyle, so I'm less sure about him.

Brothernature I'll have to hold off on until we get more information. He's just given us too little to go off of for us to risk hammering him or lynching him today. As web pointed out, we're in a bad spot this game with the # of scum vs town, so we really can't afford to be careless with this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 29, 2009, 03:04:27 pm »

3 mislynches til lylo is not "a bad spot", that's actually really good.

In any case, thank you Mephansteras, not even for your insight, but mostly because you brought the posts together (Although your insight is good!). Personally, I didn't like anything those three have said, they're all too cautious, like they know I'm going to flip town and want to be able to say "I told you I wasn't sure, it's your fault he was lynched!"

I agree with Mephansteras, I'll unvote and vote RedWarrior. He outright said that Archangel was as good as dead, I think he was trying to get the rest of us onto Archangel and have him killed off. Although it could be a bus, I would be inclined to think Archangel is less likely to be scum if RedWarrior is scum. Bussing in this case would just be really, really stupid, since there's no gain to bussing right now. He's also not contributing at all, he only jumped in to say "Alexhans and MrPerson could be scumbuddies" which really implies "Alexhans and MrPerson could be scumbuddies, we should lynch them, but don't blame me when they flip town"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2009, 03:29:44 pm »

The amount of influence Alex has over who gets killed is very unnerving to me. Despite the arguments in his favor, something still seems very off to me, so my suspicions have not dissolved completely.

However, Redwarrior has lurked, not responded to comments and questions asked to him directly, refused to participate, and generally just bandwagoned the entire game. I have no problem with a Redwarrior daykill.

Quote from: Mephansteras
So, I'm going to unvote and vote RedWarrior0, with an intention to vote Boksi afterwards. Redwarrior0 seems a bit more scummy, since I know he's been in a few mafias at this point. I don't know Boksi's playstyle, so I'm less sure about him.

Hmm... intention to vote Boksi afterwards you say? How will Redwarrior's flip affect your perspective? If he's town? If he's scum?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:01 pm »

Hmm... intention to vote Boksi afterwards you say? How will Redwarrior's flip affect your perspective? If he's town? If he's scum?

Honestly, Redwarrior's flip really won't effect it. I'm planning on voting Boksi after this to put pressure on him so we can try to get more out of him and determine if he is indeed scum or not. I'm thinking he is, and he could just as easily be scum with or without RedWarrior0. It's not like they've been doing anything that really ties them together other then general scummy behavior.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2009, 03:44:55 pm »

Mephansteras is still scum. Refer to the Org Defense of Paranormal 5 as to why.

"You're scum"
"Why?"
"Because you're scummy."
"I am?"
"YES!"

You're not a very good scum, Meph... You're not.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:30 pm »

why are we suddenly bandwagoning on Redwarrior? i still think that alexhans and Mr. Person are scum, and quite a few people have said the same but no one acts on it :(
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 29, 2009, 04:16:17 pm »

why are we suddenly bandwagoning on Redwarrior? i still think that alexhans and Mr. Person are scum, and quite a few people have said the same but no one acts on it :(

This is just a poor attempt to insight reactions from people so that they'll vote for me/Alexhans, but you simply can't come up with a reason for people to do so. Maybe if you actually argue'd, people would listen to you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 29, 2009, 04:17:14 pm »

Nice avatar sig Mr.Person.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »

no i actually can't see where we decide to lybch redwarrior but someone asked my opinion on who i wanted to lynch
Back to Mafia with me!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2009, 04:22:50 pm »

I'm trying to befriend everyone? Hardly.

Dakarian, I said that it was no more than idle musing on why a confirmed townie can't see scum, and I said it should be ignored, so fucking ignore it.

Also, Alexhans, don't give me the "going against the mod for no reason" bullshit. I've said why. Your fucking scumbuddy Mr.Person also wants to hear webby's reasoning. I want to know why he accuses me. If I can't even be given the chance to defend myself, or if you lynch me while I'm away at my classes....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 60