Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378480 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2760 on: February 10, 2011, 08:55:20 pm »

Spreggo, I want to steal your MAD SKILLZ.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 10, 2011, 11:20:31 pm »

Dwarf mini I'm working on... my first mini sculpt! Forgot to measure it, but I think its about 2 cm tall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Helmet is just set on there as it is a separate piece.

Made of?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2762 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:13 pm »

He is made completely out of super sculpy, besides the spear which uses a pin for its shaft.

He is 1.7 cm tall at the top of his helmet:

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: February 11, 2011, 12:42:08 am »

Here's my drawings for this thread. (None DF related unfortunately :( )

And here's a rough draft for an art class assignment.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 11, 2011, 08:19:07 am »

GIVE ME YOUR ART SKILLS
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:13 am »

I'm getting a distinct dresten codack vibe.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2766 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:54 am »

Ugh somehow, between going to sleep and waking, I managed to break the tip of his spear off.

Now I have to wait until I have some epoxy putty....

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:31 am »

Ugh somehow, between going to sleep and waking, I managed to break the tip of his spear off.

Now I have to wait until I have some epoxy putty....

Aww that sucks, hopefully you can fix it though. Since seeing your dwarf figurine looks like a chess piece.

GIVE ME YOUR ART SKILLS

You're gonna have to come to my fortress and try to steal it then. >:-)
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 11, 2011, 11:46:26 am »

Derp, I think you'd benefit from looking at poses and figure a bit more, because some of them seem off. I realise you're not aiming for realism here, but still.

Another thing that'd be good would be using some more values in your art, if your final pieces look like that too. At the moment it's pretty flat, and some shading would help with that.

I'm getting a distinct dresten codack vibe.

I'm getting it too, but not as distinct. The similarity's there, but his art's rather different.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 11, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »

Derp, I think you'd benefit from looking at poses and figure a bit more, because some of them seem off. I realise you're not aiming for realism here, but still.

Another thing that'd be good would be using some more values in your art, if your final pieces look like that too. At the moment it's pretty flat, and some shading would help with that.

Thanks for the advice, I really should start practicing with values, my final pieces in my art class are always colored since they're requirements for my assignments (except for beginner classes, since they draw limbs and understand the human anatomy in their assignments. And for their finals must be in black and white to show how much they understand values). But I always feel that I haven't completely understand the human figure & composition yet, so I try to seek some constructive criticism from others and myself to see what I need to improve.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 11, 2011, 02:05:27 pm »

He is made completely out of super sculpy, besides the spear which uses a pin for its shaft.

He is 1.7 cm tall at the top of his helmet:
[...]
A rather nice metal texture on the helmet; was the different material or the paint?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2771 on: February 11, 2011, 02:20:13 pm »

I tried to model it like beaten metal with battle wear, but the painting plays a part in that as well.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 11, 2011, 03:18:21 pm »

This... I actually have no idea. What the hell.
(Btw, I have a pretty different artstyle when working with pencil and real paper. Need2upload one of those too.)

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »

That miniature is really awesome, Spreggo! Hope the repairs are successful.

Figured I might as well throw something up here, too.

Was playing DF last night and the seiges started coming. All squads were mounted on war cave crocodiles, and I suddenly had to try and draw that so it looked cool. I wish I'd had internet access at the time so I could check the croc anatomy, but I still like how it turned out.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 11, 2011, 04:56:55 pm »

@Strongrudder: Yeah, not quite crocodillian enough. But still a very awesome creature!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 296