Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170833 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2745 on: January 20, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »

All he has so far is the Tau battle force, and I think he's using the crisis suits as an HQ.
I haven't played against his Tau stuff before because he got it over Christmas, and he just finished putting them all together and priming them.
EDIT:
I think he's getting some pathfinders and maybe some kroot hounds soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:05:26 pm by NewsMuffin »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 23, 2011, 08:00:24 pm »

Just green tide the hell out of him, and find some way to tie up his firewarriors (crash some bikers into them or something, if you have any, I'm not sure what's in any of those sets). Tau have some excellent antitank, but mediocre anti-infantry, and almost no anti-horde.

I'd also recommend reading through this forum, or asking for advice there.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 23, 2011, 09:26:45 pm »

Yeah, you'll be fine, just stick some boyz in trucks, use them to get 'em stuck in fast, and use those 'andy choppaz (da flyin' kind, not da choppy kind) to hit whatevers armoured in da' arse. Ya speed iz ya best weapon, use it well, and don't be a git!

Also, dem warbikes, you should 'ave six of em right? A warbiker mob iz hard to hit, draw some fire from dem big units with dem, then sneak up and BOOM.

Don't fergit, you have a warboss with some tasty melee, he can take on tanks if you let him, get i'm in close, he'll rip em apart, big lad like him tends to do that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:29:17 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: February 02, 2011, 04:53:48 pm »

I'm having a bit of a problem with modeling my Dark Eldar Ravager: I noticed that the model has both a sail (billowing outward indicating some sort of wind behind it) and rocket engines. My problem is that I'm not sure what direction I should have the little flag that comes with it pointing: towards the front of the Ravager like it would on a sailship, or to the rear. Any thoughts?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: February 02, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »

I have three warbikes, which sucks. I know they're effective and all, but they're a real bitch to put together. I've only got 1 assembled, and it won't stay on the base I know I have to as some stuff to give the wheel some more surface area, but I don't have much for that.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: February 02, 2011, 08:52:07 pm »

I'm having a bit of a problem with modeling my Dark Eldar Ravager: I noticed that the model has both a sail (billowing outward indicating some sort of wind behind it) and rocket engines. My problem is that I'm not sure what direction I should have the little flag that comes with it pointing: towards the front of the Ravager like it would on a sailship, or to the rear. Any thoughts?
I believe it's supposed to be towards the rear. The Aethersails are powered by currents in the Aether (oddly enough something never mentioned anywhere else but their fluff, presumably to justify why there are fucking sails on a flying skiff with jet engines), not wind, so any air movement would be front to back, as it's moving forwards.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: February 02, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »

I guess that would make sense, but I assumed that the flag was made out of the same material as the sails. Aggravating because the sail/flag is pretty much the only unfinished part!

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: February 04, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »

I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with GW and their products.
The older Rogue Trader (1st Edition 40K) stuff was campy as hell, but a lot of fun to game with.
The newer rules and figures (Namely price) just turn me off. The new DE 'were' tempting, but those damned nonsensical prices just turn me off.

Necromunda and GorkaMorka were -great- games, but they now want $40+ for 8 figs and a quarter sprue with a handful of bits.. yet you can get 24 LOTR figs for $26-$28. Go figure.

Their proportions have always been pretty funky too, and it makes matching them up with other manufacturer's work a pain in the ass. Example:

Left to right: Hasslefree's 'Harby', Taban's 'Bad Max', and a 40K Catachan Sarge.

For the past two years, I've been keeping my collection to either extreme: H-28's/32's, and 20's/172 stuff.
The smaller scales aren't really that hard to paint up once you get used to them, and they look good in groups.
For example, here's some 20mm Gauls I painted up for fantasy gaming, with some H-28 figs (Close to GW scale) for comparison. Kinda' funky under a macro lens, but not half bad in a group with some distance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: February 12, 2011, 09:54:19 am »

Cool

Not 40k, but nicely done nonetheless.
(bottom post by Spreggo, in the spoiler)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:58:48 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 09, 2011, 05:00:26 pm »

I hate to necro this thread, but I have a somewhat... strange request, and  I don't really want to make a new thread about it.

See, I remember seeing, before, on the SA forums I believe, some Warhammer-themed bees. Like this : . But I was stupid, didn't save them, and eventually lost track of where I found them. I believe they were Dawn of War II custom badges, but I've been searching the entire day and couldn't find anything.

I'd really like to have them back, though. Does anyone know about them, or even better off - have them? I'd be really grateful :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:14:57 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 09, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »

I don't know anything about Warhammer-themed bees, sadly.

Definitely a scheme for the steady-of-hand.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:22 pm »

I finally played against the Tau player.
It was a close game, but he fucked me over with his damned exploding crisis suits and jump jetting away during close combat.
He won 4 VP to my 2, but he won in the last turn by killing my WB and Nobz.
Also, he had some seriously retarded rules for vehicles.
I fired my deffkopta squadron (6 coptas) at one devilfish, but he said I only got one attack, instead of the 6 I should have. Next time, I'm fucking him over, and putting them in their own squadron alone. Then I'd have 6 deffkopta squadrons, and the six hits I should have had.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 09, 2011, 08:58:39 pm »

There's no Force organisation chart that'll let you do that, though, apart from obsolete ones like the old Craftworld Eldar (I'm looking at you, Saim-Hann). Best you'll get is 3 squadrons of 2 with no other Fast Attack/Heavy Support, whichever Deffkoptas are.

And bees are the symbol of the Goons (SA), they'll likely be found somewhere in there.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 09, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

Neither of us really used a force organization chart. Hell, he didn't even have a list, he just said that 'all my guys are upgraded with everything.' We were playing 2000 pts, and he didn't have enough models for 2000, so he upgraded everything.
I ended up having 2 HQs(Warboss, Proxy Big Mek (WB model)), 3 Troops (Boyz), 1 Elite (Nobz in a trukk), and 2 Fast Attack (WarBikes and Deffkoptas.)

If I remember correctly, he had 1 HQ (Crisis suit leader with bodyguard), 4 Troop (2 Kroot, 2 FW w/Devilfish). Also, drones everywhere oh god.
Drones are such shit. I shot at one of his FW squads for 2 turns, and none of them died except for 1 drone. That is bull shit.
I must play Tau. NOW.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: March 09, 2011, 09:22:03 pm »

I would also like to start this I am asking for some of the stuff for my birthdya, and am leaning towards ork. What kind of strategy would I use with them ?
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 199