Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171010 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2535 on: November 23, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »

I didn't know bay12 had an informal group, hope you guys are willing to deal with somebody who doesn't know how vassal works.
Brother!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 23, 2010, 02:56:53 pm »

I'm playing against a guy, and as soon as I posted my list he went AFK for a few minutes to find his list.

Is it paranoid to think he was throwing together a list specifically for my army?
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: November 23, 2010, 02:58:49 pm »

I'm playing against a guy, and as soon as I posted my list he went AFK for a few minutes to find his list.

Is it paranoid to think he was throwing together a list specifically for my army?
Possibly, have you worked on twicking yours while you wait? When he comes back saying I'm done you go OH sorry I had the wrong list I'll reupload it.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 23, 2010, 04:17:27 pm »

Nah, that's cheating, and I don't think he pulled shenanigans anyway.  The dice are bros today.
Shoes...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 23, 2010, 04:48:26 pm »

With the dice gods on your side, you can beat any opponant!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 23, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »

My sleep schedule is hosed so I'm gonna be on all night.  Anyone up for a game?  I'll be in the main room, spam me with wakeup calls until I respond if you want to play.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:02 pm »

This is me stating, as a fact, that I will be running at least the first mission of my deathwatch campaign, hopefully much more than that.

Anyone definitely interested?  What times can you make it if you are?
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 23, 2010, 11:07:45 pm »

This is me stating, as a fact, that I will be running at least the first mission of my deathwatch campaign, hopefully much more than that.

As soon as I acquire the book I will be.  I'm pretty sure we've been over what times I can make it, which is basically none of them for the next two or three weeks.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 23, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »

Alright, well, that'll give me more time to get stuff set up further.

Just played two games in a row against new Deldar.  First game I rolled ridiculously.  One of my oblits had like 64 successful armor/cover saves in a row.  I also rammed Azdrubael Vect's skimmer with a rhino and blew it up.

I need to tweak some lists for tomorrow >:/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:22:08 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 24, 2010, 05:09:49 am »

new Deldar.

wat

*goes to gamesworkshop.com*

Oh my fucking God.  How did I not know about this?  Fuck, they waited thirteen years just to make the damn book, fudged on the question every time they were asked, and when they finally put it out it's with absolutely no fanfare.  The Dark Eldar are the red-headed stepchildren of the Games Workshop family.

The Squats are the feral kid they keep chained up under the basement stairs.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:11:54 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 24, 2010, 09:22:40 am »

To be fair, the new Deldar codex is pretty sweet.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 24, 2010, 10:48:31 am »

Well I certainly hope the Tau will be next, mayhap I'll aquire the new Dark Eldar book and play them rather than switching back to nids.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: November 24, 2010, 11:11:41 am »

What Aqizzar said, as soon as I can acquire the book I'll have a look and stat up some dudes. Any time at the weekend tends to be fine.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 24, 2010, 12:14:11 pm »

Well I certainly hope the Tau will be next, mayhap I'll aquire the new Dark Eldar book and play them rather than switching back to nids.

Don't be silly, they just redid Dark Eldar.  Expect at least ten new Marines codices before anything else comes out.  Maybe they'll make a Space Sharks codex.

First Impressions on the Deldar:  ....  I'm not quite sure how to deal with them yet.  They're bristling with shuriken cannons and pretty much the whole army starts out mounted on skimmers.  The HQs have a 2+ Invuln save that goes away forever the first time they fail it.  A very large number of their units are I5 or I6.  Every time a unit wipes out another unit in close combat they get a pain token, which gives them various abilities like Furious Charge, Feel No Pain, and Fearless.

I'm thinking autocannons out the wazoo on my squads because the sheer number of non-squadroned vehicles makes lascannons and dedicated anti-vehicle squads less attractive.  Since their skimmers are all open topped and 10/10/10 or 11/11/10, it shouldn't be hard to pop them, I just need the volume of shots to make it work.

Because their weapons are pretty much all poisoned tough troops aren't a significant benefit.  The sheer volume of shots all their open-topped skimmers provides means even a DP is hosed if it gets caught in the open, and T5/6 isn't much of a benefit.  I'm thinking guard or something will probably do better, since they don't have that much anti-tank (A few dark lances on ravagers that blow up if you give them a stern look), and poisoned weapons aren't as effective against the mass of humanity.

The 2+ invuln saves on their ICs is pretty tough but again, it sounds like the best medicine for DE is lots of cheap, weak troops.  Since the save is gone if they fail it, and their regular armor save is like 5+, all you have to do is pump them full of as many shots as you can hoping math will be on your side.  Once you've got that they can be killed in close combat.  I got Baron Sathonyx with a power fist and Vect with a force weapon in pretty much the same round.

Oh, watch out.  Vect has a short-ranged blast weapon that heals him for every unsaved wound.

Also, new Mandrakes look retarded.  It's like Illidan and Drizzt had a baby and the baby watched too much anime.  The new ravager is sexy as hell though, most of the models are.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:27:44 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 24, 2010, 01:19:20 pm »

Anybody feel like playing a game? Preferably a small one, 500 or 1000 points?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 199