Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 170980 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2520 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:48 pm »

Well I might be available again in a couple hours (after dinner more or less) for a game, its probably to late to really work on homework at this point anyway.

And I'd love to use vent but I don't have a working mic so meh.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 22, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »

Code: [Select]
IG: 1000
  Company Command Squad +50: 75
    -Mortar +5
    -Meltagun +10x2

Platoon Command Squad +30: 35
    -Vox-caster +50
   Infantry Squad +50x4: 300
     -Vox-caster +5
     -Commissar +35
     -Grenade Launcher +5x4
     -Autocannon +10x4
   Heavy Weapons Squad +60x4: 35
     -Heavy Bolter +5x7
     -Lascannon +15x5
  Veteran Squad +70:
    -Heavy Flamer +20
    -Flamer +5x2
  Vendetta Gunship Squadron +130: 140
    -Heavy Bolters +10

So my first attempt at putting together an army. I used the army Sir Pseudonymous posted and tweaked it a bit. I figure I'd use the Vendetta to carry my veteran squad to important locations on the map as needed while my infantry moves to reinforces it. I'd keep the Company Command Squad in the back to provide support. Am I tactically sound or doomed to failure?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 22, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »

I looks okay, you might want to think about swapping your special weaons around a bit though. Flamers are just a waste on Veterans, give them to your platoon command squad and get some meltas or plasma guns.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: November 22, 2010, 10:51:48 pm »

I wrote up a 1999pt Sisters of Battle army. I would have much rather written up an ork one, but the Witch Hunters codex is free. I also have constructed it in Vassal 40k.

Code: [Select]
Witch Hunters: 1999
    HQ
      -Canoness w/ Power Weapon and Inferno Pistol                                                                                          80  pts
    Elites
      -9 Celestians w/ Veteran Sister Superior, Heavy Bolter and Melta                                                                      142 pts
      -9 Celestians w/ Veteran Sister Superior, Multi-Melta and Flamer                                                                      148 pts
      -19 Repentia w/ Mistress                                                                                                              410 pts
    Troops
      -19 Sisters of Battle w/ Sister Superior, Melta and Heavy Flamer                                                                      242 pts
      -9 Sisters of Battle w/ Sister Superior, two Meltas, Krak Grenades, and an Imagifier                                                  170 pts
            -Rhino (Dedicated Transport)                                                                                                    50  pts
    Fast Attack
      -9 Dominions w/ Sister Superior, two Meltas, one Storm Bolter, and one Flamer                                                         157 pts
            -Rhino (Dedicated Transport)                                                                                                    50  pts
    Heavy Support
      -9 Retributors w/ Sister Superior, two Heavy Bolters, two Multi Meltas, and Krak grenades                                             210 pts
      -9 Retributors w/ Sister Superior, two Heavy Bolters, two Multi Meltas, and Krak grenades                                             210 pts
      -Immolator w/ Twin Linked Mulit Meltas, Hunter Killer Missle, Dozer Blade, Extra Armor, Storm Bolter, and Holy Icon                   130 pts
I would like to play them but I'm not free until Wednesday or Friday.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:09:30 pm by NewsMuffin »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 22, 2010, 11:18:30 pm »

Under the edition that Codex was made, that would have been a terribly immobile army with just two transports (Immolators are transports, right?).  But with the ability to run, they could actually be pretty competitive.  I normally favor more uniformity, but it's clean nonetheless.  I could probably take it on myself, come Wednesday.

It's going to be a Grimdark Thanksgiving.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 22, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

I'm thankful for Khorne, whose granted us the savagery to bring down the Squiggoth we're serving for dinner.
I'm thankful for Nurgle, who chose not to grant us his noxious gifts this year.
I'm thankful for Slaanesh, for the hawt lobster-hand bitches.
And most of all, I'm thankful for Tzeentch.  Without his mewtacular AP3 bolters we would not be here today.

I am not thankful for Luke Prowler, who waited until after I had deployed to write a list.  Not cool bro.

Also, he apparently thinks it's okay to drive halfway off the map to go around the vindicator I planted there specifically to block him.

Currently selling the lives of my chaos marines dearly.  There's a warboss, nob, and one tankbusta squad plus a bunch of trukks, and I have 4 marines left on the board who are holding the high ground.  Bring it, bitches.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:38:22 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 23, 2010, 12:50:03 am »

Hey hey hey, don't make me sound like a complete n00b. I'll tell you all what really happened.

Right after I slap userpay around for a little bit.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:18 am »

Not like we're actually gonna finish this tonight. Tau vs Orks, should be fun.

edit: ...and with that many orks at once got no chance, particularly with that cover. Good game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:53:19 am by userpay »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 23, 2010, 05:03:24 am »

I'm thankful for Khorne, whose granted us the savagery to bring down the Squiggoth we're serving for dinner.
I'm thankful for Nurgle, who chose not to grant us his noxious gifts this year.
I'm thankful for Slaanesh, for the hawt lobster-hand bitches.
And most of all, I'm thankful for Tzeentch.  Without his mewtacular AP3 bolters we would not be here today.

I'm thankful to Khorne, for giving me a reason to keep waking up century after century.  Hurting people.
I'm thankful to Nurgle, for reminding me things never get too heavy to crack a smile.
I'm thankful to Slaanesh for the one boob.  One hand for business, the other for partying.  Thanks brosephus.
And I don't know what I'm thankful to Tzeentch for yet, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Happy Grimsgiving, everyone!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 23, 2010, 08:26:28 am »

Nobody is thankful to the Emperor? I really need to get back into this to teach you heathen scum a lesson.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 23, 2010, 10:41:35 am »

Methinks I'll need to switch back to using nids whever I've got the time to play.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 23, 2010, 12:22:48 pm »

I'll be on Vassal for a while, though there's a chance I'll have to leave later in the afternoon. At least my sleep patterns appear to have returned to normal, so I won't be falling asleep the second I get home if I do go out for a while.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:23 pm »

Nobody is thankful to the Emperor? I really need to get back into this to teach you heathen scum a lesson.

I'm thankful for the Emperor, for without him we wouldn't have nearly as many lapdogs to slaughter.

I'm going to be sitting around on Vassal for a while.  if you want a game send a wake-up call or two until I respond.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:47:57 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Raze

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 23, 2010, 02:25:43 pm »

I didn't know bay12 had an informal group, hope you guys are willing to deal with somebody who doesn't know how vassal works.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 23, 2010, 02:55:19 pm »

Under the edition that Codex was made, that would have been a terribly immobile army with just two transports (Immolators are transports, right?).  But with the ability to run, they could actually be pretty competitive.  I normally favor more uniformity, but it's clean nonetheless.  I could probably take it on myself, come Wednesday.

It's going to be a Grimdark Thanksgiving.
Thank you, considering that's the first time I've actually written a list from scratch.
Also, I think there are three transports, including the Immolator, even though it isn't dedicated. Though the Immolator can only hold 6 models, and not terminators.
Also also, I might trade the Repentia for Saint Celestine and a Seraphim squad.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:58:17 pm by NewsMuffin »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 199