Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 199

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k  (Read 171187 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k
« Reply #2205 on: April 16, 2010, 06:20:57 am »

I have to ask, Wazdakka Gutsmek, you know him? He lets you take bikers as troop choices. So I designed (in all of five seconds, mind you) a 1000 point fast attack army with only bikers for troops. Could they be considered troops for the purposes of taking objectives? Or is that decided by the players?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 16, 2010, 06:58:35 am »

They can take objectives if they are troops. Just like Deff Dreads can do if they are taken as troops with a Big mek.

Bikers are horrible though, you want to take a warboss and take NOB BIKERS instead.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:25 am »

But I've got like, 24 bikers! Two of which are nobs. Why are they horrible, anyway?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: April 16, 2010, 07:03:54 am »

Well, take a lookie there at their stats, their cost and give me one reason why they ARENT bad.

I don't have my codex on hand right here, i'll give a detailed account of just why when i get home, but tell me their point cost and WHY you think they don't suck, plox.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 16, 2010, 07:08:49 am »

I don't have a head for these things. All I see is the cover save and the guns and I just go ooooooooh. Here's the list, anyway. Just so you can tell me how much I utterly suck at putting an army together.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's my reasoning.

a) Warbikes are fast and dead killy so I get to krumping as soon as possible plus dakka, which is nice.
b) Koptas are dead killyer and can deal with heavily armored foes provided I'm clever in how I use them.
c) Orks orks orks orks orks orks orks orks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:13:18 am by Jackrabbit »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 16, 2010, 07:16:08 am »

That's twelve models in a 1000 point game, with their pathetic 4+ cover save, those guys are going to get Krumped before they do ANYTHING!

Also, you havent told me how much each model is.

And, for less, it seems, you could get a big Mek and take some deff dreads, wot are Ded 'Ard and Mega-killy.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: April 16, 2010, 07:19:28 am »

Sorry, wait, I was contracting that because I wrote it for myself only and wasn't planning on sharing it.

So it's actually 30 units overall. Also, I'm building a Kult of Speed focused army, Deff Dreads just don't fit with that, not in a 100 point game when I'm trying to put everything I can into getting to krumpin' fast.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:02 am »

If yer doin a Kult of Speed, yer wants yer 'core' troops to be Boyz in Trukks. Trukk-mounted Boyz are der only wunz oo kan be Choppa Boyz, awtho Shoota Boyz are still be bein better mefinks.

But yeah; you want a couple of of Boyz squads inside Trukks, and then a few bikes on the flanks; Bikes aren't tuff enuff or numerous enough to form the core of your army.

Also; if you're going to get Deffkoptas, give them sawblades and\or the twin-linked rokkit launchas. The rokkits give them a nice ranged punch against vechs, giving you some useful fast-moving vech killers, and the sawblades make their melee attacks power weapons, which means they RIP AND TEAR.

Koptas are also too fragile to survive out on the open for long, so you want to get them into assault ASAP; if they get caught within shooty range of enemies, they're in deep doodoo.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: April 16, 2010, 08:30:58 pm »

Alright, I got over my warbike craze. Here's the list, redone.

Proceed to heap abuse on me for my lackluster army making abilities.

By which I mean constructive criticism, if you please.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:35:29 pm by Jackrabbit »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 16, 2010, 09:09:03 pm »

Needs More Dakka.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 16, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »

Well yeah, that's a given.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:57 pm »

No other Race can pull off "More Dakka" like the Orks can, it's probably to do with that Bitchin' BS2 they are throwing down.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »

Yeah, Orkz really excel at line-shooting.  Get a whole bunch of Shoota Boyz, line them up, and mow down the enemy.
Shoes...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: April 16, 2010, 10:36:51 pm »

That's the idea with my army.

A Metric Shitton of Dakka. A literal WALL of lead.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: April 16, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »

Alright, I got over my warbike craze. Here's the list, redone.

Proceed to heap abuse on me for my lackluster army making abilities.

By which I mean constructive criticism, if you please.

Looks solid; make sure the Warboss is in the Nob trukk with that Cybork body, since Cyborg is sloooooow.

Also; i would reccomend dropping something to put Nobz with Bosspoles in all your squads; with 10 Shoota Boyz you're not high enough to get the fearless Mob Rule, so you'll need those Bosspoles to avoid embarrising leadership failures.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 199