Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87755 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2010, 05:05:54 am »

Maybe its just my strategy that makes them annoying to use, as I tend to gate-raid AI planets connected directly to my own worlds if I possibly can, and if golems now must be in proximity to an AI gate I wouldn't have much use for em.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

Golems are...difficult to use well, but not as awful as they used to be.

Regen golems are still terrible though. :-\

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2010, 12:32:44 pm »

Topic bump, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2010, 12:52:53 pm »

YES!!! It looks so shiny  8)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »

Wow, I'm getting this ASAP.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »

Wow, I'm getting this ASAP.

There's a sale on Gamer's Gate (TZR expansion) for 50% off.  Although I do advise buying directly from Arcengames.com, as they get the full proceeds, rather than 70% of the half.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »

This looks awesome.

Unfortunately, I get an error on startup, despite having the full version from Steam (figured it was a demo error, so went ahead and bought it; no dice). Will have to look into that.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »

This looks awesome.

Unfortunately, I get an error on startup, despite having the full version from Steam (figured it was a demo error, so went ahead and bought it; no dice). Will have to look into that.
What kind of error does it give you?

When you start the game, it should show a settings box before it goes into the game itself.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:37 pm »

When I start the game, it gives me the large black screen with GameInit, gets up to 9/10 and stops, with a fatal hang in it. The popup box is named "Fatal error in gc" and contains the text "GetThreadContext failed". The only Google results bring up something to do with a Unity bug; I've reinstalled the game itself and my Unity install to the latest version.

Edit: On a more thorough Google, it seems to be a conflict with both 64 bit Windows 7, Kaspersky and Unity. Will look into it.
Edit2: Simpler fix than I thought it'd be. Simply uninstalled Kaspersky 2010 and installed 2011; voila. Working game.

Now, how do I play this?!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:29:53 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2010, 02:26:04 am »

Whoa, massive update!  :o

I'm mildly worried about the subject "to end all updates"

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2010, 02:32:37 am »

I am starting a new game now, but low and behold! even though I have entered my game key, it says I am on TRIAl and limited to 3 hours on the campaign screen. When i leave there and go to my licenses screen, i am all good. bug i guess. I hope my game doesnt quit out in 3 hours time.

EDIT: Holy smokes, they sure did improve the look and feel of things, and I was happy with it the way it was. Even happier now. Other improvements I notice are the UI and how the game starts you out, all the first stuff on your first planet is done up for you so you can just start fighting. nice.

I always liked this game and this company.

EDIT #2: Well, OK! I just got my ass handed to me on a platter faster and harder than ever before and I loved it! I was pushing the AI back and on the fourth planet I guess I found the homeworld, holy fuck did I piss it off. IN less than 5 minutes it had me all the way back to my starter world and spanked me hard.

I went ahead and got the Children of Neinzul expansion pack (did you know it was charity and 100% of the proceeds go to some kids charity thingy?) and let me tell you, those Neinzul bastards are mean. These little swarm ships kinda kicked my ass. Love this game.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:25:17 am by ductape »
I got nothing

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2010, 05:28:39 am »

Just loaded it up, the new menu looks so awesome.

@ Ductape: Make sure you don't have any expansions active that you don't actually have

@ Peewee: It meant it was the ultimate update, as in the best update ever. I hope.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2010, 09:40:43 am »

@ Peewee: It meant it was the ultimate update, as in the best update ever. I hope.

It does.  There are Post 4.0 updates.

Also if you look at Mantis and filter for "strongly considering" all of those entries are for post-4.0

I went ahead and got the Children of Neinzul expansion pack (did you know it was charity and 100% of the proceeds go to some kids charity thingy?) and let me tell you, those Neinzul bastards are mean. These little swarm ships kinda kicked my ass. Love this game.

Neinzul ships are crazy mean.  They used to be an annoyance (one-shot kills from nearly anything, so lightning turrets/electric shuttles would kill them en masse) but now they've got some bite to them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:44:11 am by Draco18s »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2010, 11:29:51 am »

Nope, this is his first video game composition.  If you went to UNC Chapel Hill in the last few years, you might know him from there -- he was quite well acclaimed as a classical composer in that area.  Or, if you follow Anoop Desai, actually, you might know him from that source.  He's one of Anoop's best friends, and often people know him from that context.

Okay, I've heard that name before...very familiar...think I met him...maybe...

* dragonshardz ponders...

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2010, 11:36:38 am »

Okay, I've heard that name before...very familiar...think I met him...maybe...

* dragonshardz ponders...

* Draco18s lubricates the brain gears.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47