Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87756 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:49 pm »

Chris still hasn't added me to that list, even though I hit the 3 suggestion mark back before 2.0  :'(

That were implemented?

Yep. He told me himself that he had forgotten to add me to the list. He then forgot again  :-\
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »

Draco18s got some special thanks in the game credits. Way to go! Great job!
Normally they only include people who have made 3 or more non-bug suggestions, but with 4.0 they had so much going on they included anyone who helped out with that too (I found three problems with the multiplayer lobby in two days, among other things).
Weren't you already in the special thanks section?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »

Chris Park, the creator of AI War, lives in Cary, North Carolina, 20 minutes from my house. I find this awesome.

Man. I really don't want to get sucked into this game again. I just don't have enough time!
No shit! He lives about a half hour from me too. D:
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2010, 12:22:49 am »

Draco18s got some special thanks in the game credits. Way to go! Great job!
Normally they only include people who have made 3 or more non-bug suggestions, but with 4.0 they had so much going on they included anyone who helped out with that too (I found three problems with the multiplayer lobby in two days, among other things).
Weren't you already in the special thanks section?

Not the official in-game listing, no.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2010, 01:22:45 am »

assuming that I dont have electrical shuttles, what is a good tactic to counter the Neinzul swarms?

Post-4.0 Electric Shuttles aren't actually that effective against them, because they do only 400 damage or so (and no armor piercing, IIRC).  You can try lightning turrets (more damage, less RoF, "infinite" armor piercing).

Other than that, check their hull types.  Spider turrets (riot control starships, and other engine damage) work because a unit that dies after a minute or two can't do anything if it can't move.

Yeah but, how am I going to use turrets to invade a planet? Can you attack a planet and place turrets before you have a command center up?
I got nothing

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2010, 01:36:27 am »

Two words:

Mobile.  Builder.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2010, 03:22:57 am »

I believe you need supply to the planet in order to do it though, so you can't just go make a base 20 planets away or something silly like that.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

True, it does need supply.

But if you really need to take on that many Neinzul on the attack, I suggest Riot Control Starships (mark 2 are best).  Outfit them with 2 riot shields (the small ones) and lasers.  If it's a Mk2, also get a riot tazer.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2010, 04:32:35 pm »

How do Riot Starships work, exactly? I've never built one. I usually put most of my Knowledge into Raid Starships. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2010, 06:57:18 pm »

How do Riot Starships work, exactly? I've never built one. I usually put most of my Knowledge into Raid Starships. <_<

Build the thing on the far left, then when its build select it and build some modules (like building space tugs).

Those other buttons on the starship constructor ("wall" etc.) are just some default module layouts.  None of them are particularly good.  Just means that when the construction is done it will already have those modules as well (paid for during the build process).

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2010, 12:46:21 am »

I love those raid starships. I usually put atleast one shield, and a ton of the shotguns. They absolutely destroy groups of ships.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2010, 10:13:59 am »

I love those raid starships. I usually put atleast one shield, and a ton of the shotguns. They absolutely destroy groups of ships.

Riot != Raid.

The shotguns are good too, but I use the lasers for long-range engine damage (and the 25% floor doesn't matter much, if things get closer the riot tazer and the hull's gun can permanently stop it).

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2010, 08:38:42 pm »

Riot != Raid.

The shotguns are good too, but I use the lasers for long-range engine damage (and the 25% floor doesn't matter much, if things get closer the riot tazer and the hull's gun can permanently stop it).

I ment riot, but typed raid. Ill chalk it up to retard hand. :)
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2010, 04:59:47 am »

Thought of the evening: No matter how mighty your fleet, how nigh unstoppable your attack... you will occasionally walk into a devourer golem.

And there goes 1.6 million metal.

Observations of the update, mostly: Bomber starships are brutally powerful. The lowest tier is what, 300,000 something attack power? Fittingly the AI likes to target them first and they are anything but cheap. They're fairly durable but when an entire planet decides to throw itself at one, it WILL die. A few mark 1s and mark 2s an wipe out a fortress pretty readily, as though it were never there at all.

Eyebots are a really interesting type of ship. Essentially fragile scouts with high attack power. They don't fit into your fleet very well-- I've used the entirety of tier 1 and tier 2 to wipe out a low level AI planet, but they can still hit a minefield or a flak turret and all vanish in a puff of smoke. They are, at least, cheap.

Shield Bearers (or Forcefield Bearers?) are unexpectedly useful. It seems like the logistics of making sure their shields cover vital ships would be painful, but with enough of them everything straightens itself out pretty intelligently. And they soak up a lot of damage.

Normally I take Riot Control Starships primarily. However, Flagships and Zenith Starships are very useful too. The attack power boost to nearby ships is of course amazing but it seems (especially with the update?) they're pretty terrifying in combat themselves. And very very durable. A Zenith with a fleet of bombers will, of course, pretty much double their effectiveness which can help you deal with the limitations imposed by unit caps.

A tip I didn't realize until far too late: scout starships, which are available at start, counter enemy snipers. This is amazing.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2010, 08:36:06 am »

Shield Bearers (or Forcefield Bearers?) are unexpectedly useful. It seems like the logistics of making sure their shields cover vital ships would be painful, but with enough of them everything straightens itself out pretty intelligently. And they soak up a lot of damage.

They have what, a million hp at mark 1?

Yeah.  They take a beating.  Back before the unity update I was using them and had a 900% kill to death ratio simply because my stuff never died.  I was also on defense, which grants a significant kill-death ratio bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47