Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3327 3328 [3329] 3330 3331 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142307 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49920 on: October 26, 2014, 03:46:40 pm »

Potential would in my eyes be more equal to Hope. After all, that seems like the strongest Aspect in direct confrontation that has been shown.

If you look at the picture of Space, you can see a lot of curving lines conjugating in one point. They can begin in all of the points, but will inevitably end in one single point. But Void avoids the center altogether, for the Center is the place where all the universes move to - the destruction at the hands of the Lord English. While Light deals with the Possibilities, which are all governed by the Lord of Time, the Void deals with Impossibilities, which are explicitly said to be outside the omniscient eyes of the Lord.

EDIT: You seem to miss the fact that the horrorterrors, while powerfull and all, are unable to resist the power of the Lord of Time.

Such is the sheer literal power of inevitability that the timeless fabric of nothingness is damaged and subverted by it.
A Lord of Time uses Inevitability to their advantage, which is why they can harm smaller horrorterror, it takes a Lord of Light to harm the larger ones. The Antithesis to Void.

Hope deals in Faith and Imagination, Space has influence with Inagination as well, hence Jade's artsyness and Caliope's manipulating the plot through her writing. Hope is arguably the strongest aspect, as it is purely based in belief, hence Jake believing he could beat Grimbark and hence Eridan's wands which were in reality normal white wands being more powerful then the god weapon he brought into the game. Terezi stated the wand output smelled "faintly hopeful" The wands shot hope, same color as the hopeball that Jake made. Which mind you smashed Grinbark Jade.
Lord is a class that occurs when two players sessions get played. And the game requires at least 1 time and space player respectively. Therefore, you can only have either a Lord of Space, or a Lord of Time.
And all the horrorterrors are scared of English. You know, due to the fact he shattered nothingness.
But that power is less likely from being a Lord of Time, and and more to the fact he beat an unwinnable session; and became even more powerful than the planet destroying creature being an evil member of his species entails him to be.

(i agree with sergarr)

EDIT:
Actually, a Lord and Muse can come from any session. The only requirement is that there are four or less players.

We are watching a set of sessions, they just happen to not involve any additional lords and muses.

Uncountable numbers of small horrorterrors flipping out is still a pretty big issue. The larger ones would likely be concerned.
I think the Noble Circle of HorrorTerrors were the ones concerned with LE

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49921 on: October 26, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

Potential would in my eyes be more equal to Hope. After all, that seems like the strongest Aspect in direct confrontation that has been shown.

If you look at the picture of Space, you can see a lot of curving lines conjugating in one point. They can begin in all of the points, but will inevitably end in one single point. But Void avoids the center altogether, for the Center is the place where all the universes move to - the destruction at the hands of the Lord English. While Light deals with the Possibilities, which are all governed by the Lord of Time, the Void deals with Impossibilities, which are explicitly said to be outside the omniscient eyes of the Lord.

EDIT: You seem to miss the fact that the horrorterrors, while powerfull and all, are unable to resist the power of the Lord of Time.

Such is the sheer literal power of inevitability that the timeless fabric of nothingness is damaged and subverted by it.
A Lord of Time uses Inevitability to their advantage, which is why they can harm smaller horrorterror, it takes a Lord of Light to harm the larger ones. The Antithesis to Void.

Hope deals in Faith and Imagination, Space has influence with Inagination as well, hence Jade's artsyness and Caliope's manipulating the plot through her writing. Hope is arguably the strongest aspect, as it is purely based in belief, hence Jake believing he could beat Grimbark and hence Eridan's wands which were in reality normal white wands being more powerful then the god weapon he brought into the game. Terezi stated the wand output smelled "faintly hopeful" The wands shot hope, same color as the hopeball that Jake made. Which mind you smashed Grinbark Jade.
Lord is a class that occurs when two players sessions get played. And the game requires at least 1 time and space player respectively. Therefore, you can only have either a Lord of Space, or a Lord of Time.
And all the horrorterrors are scared of English. You know, due to the fact he shattered nothingness.
But that power is less likely from being a Lord of Time, and and more to the fact he beat an unwinnable session; and became even more powerful than the planet destroying creature being an evil member of his species entails him to be.

(i agree with sergarr)
Incorrect, Lord and Muse come from 2-4 player sessions. You can gave a 2 player session without a Muse and Lord. It's based on the personalities of the players. This was stated by Caliope.

LE likely gained power from beating his session.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49922 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:17 pm »

Something tells me that no other sessions actually exist. We a) never saw any of them, not even in all of these dreambubbles, and b) the events in the current session set are already affecting all of sessions through the Outer Ring.

If there were any other sessions, we would see them trying to do something against the omnipresent threat that is Lord English, yes?

Yet we don't see that, ergo there are no other sessions, at least until the Lord English is vanquished.
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49923 on: October 26, 2014, 03:54:54 pm »

Something tells me that no other sessions actually exist. We a) never saw any of them, not even in all of these dreambubbles, and b) the events in the current session set are already affecting all of sessions through the Outer Ring.

If there were any other sessions, we would see them trying to do something against the omnipresent threat that is Lord English, yes?

Yet we don't see that, ergo there are no other sessions, at least until the Lord English is vanquished.
That would make sense.

The trolls' version was found on a website or something. It's basically an unofficial leak.
The humans' versions were in Beta and Alpha, so it's like a test version. It seems odd to go from Beta to Alpha, but maybe it's because there were so many issues in the Beta session?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49924 on: October 26, 2014, 04:04:24 pm »

Wrong again~ Every seed planet that generates life can create a session, often several sessions. Near the beginning of the comic, Rose happened across that terminal monitoring the meteors. In one of the side monitors, it was monitoring an 8 planet session. We have not seen the session, it still exists.

The outer ring is infinite in size. LE could not reach all of them. Technically he is staying in a fairly local area based on that map. He's seeking Caliope and large congregations of ghosts. He has a general idea where they are since dream bubbles were formed by Feferi's request to the Horrorterrors as caretaker to the emissary of the Horrorterrors in her universe.

LE is not omnipresent. Nor is he omnipotent or omniscient. He can only be where he decides to go, if he were everywhere at once then he would have killed Caliope by now.

The other sessions exist and are completely unrelated to the ones we are watching.

That would make sense.

The trolls' version was found on a website or something. It's basically an unofficial leak.
The humans' versions were in Beta and Alpha, so it's like a test version. It seems odd to go from Beta to Alpha, but maybe it's because there were so many issues in the Beta session?
The troll version was found in ruins that Aradia was digging. And adapted to the current troll OS by Sollux.

Human version was distributed to many people by a company, hence multiple sessions and that 8 planet session on the monitor.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49925 on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:50 pm »

That would make sense.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=007927
Aradia states that the dead characters in the Dream Bubbles are only allowed to exist because the Horrorterrors allow them too.
Also, during Meenahbound, it is stated quite often that the Horrorterrors bloat off of the anguish of the dreaming dead, as well as the dead stop existing when they lose all their followers.(and so must continue to rebubble those memories)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49926 on: October 26, 2014, 04:14:11 pm »

Where are you getting all this information about how the classes and aspects work? Also, about how Horrorterrors work? I could be forgetting something, but it sounds like unwitting promotion of fanfic to canon. I know that there've been occasions when I've forgotten which concepts were part of the source material and which were added on, so that's not really much of an accusation.

Also, that 8-planet session seemed to me to be pretty clear foreshadowing of the Scratched session after merging in the first group of lands. I think we can fairly safely say that there's been no in-story, explicit confirmation of the existence of other sessions, at the least. Certainly, that the potential for such sessions exists is confirmed, though.

That said, since the Horrorterrors control the drifting of dream bubbles, it's entirely plausible that they're only bothering to have the characters interact with ones containing people relevant to the story. So I'd have to say we're other-session agnostic at this point.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49927 on: October 26, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »

What LE does to the Outer Ring is not something that can possibly happen to the timeless realm, yet it is still happening. Something is happening in a place where time doesn't exist.

I don't think the mere concept of "infinite size" is going to stop that metaphysical monster. And the last time we saw that map, the cracks almost formed a full circle. Now imagine what happens when it forms a complete circle...

Chances are that's going to do something very unpleasant to the Outer Ring. Like, break it off the Inner Ring, or something?
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49928 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Inner ring is an area that defines an area of existence, such as a session.

The Classpect stuff is mostly from a data dump hussie did a year or so back with a lil bit of speculation for the Lord/Muse and a few other classes that not much data was given based on canon occurrences. Aspects were fairly straightforward in explaination, with several speculations based on recent canon.

I forgot where he put the data dump, will search for, good read.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:32:43 pm by Kevak »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49929 on: October 26, 2014, 04:34:04 pm »

Still, you should never underestimate the role of individual in a tale which is "about a boy and his friends and a game they play together."

Notice the order - it's about the boy and his friends first and the game second. The game can and will be superseded by the individual.

We already see that happening, first with LE literally breaking off the unbreakable and enacting passage of time for the timeless realm, and second with the John ascending onto the meta-literal level of existence.

I'm sure the shenanigans like that are not going to stop happening.
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49930 on: October 26, 2014, 04:39:34 pm »

I like to think of the Homestuck sessions as a massive clusterfuck example of what happens when everything goes wrong. So obviously the shenanigans wil go on~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49931 on: October 26, 2014, 04:43:01 pm »

And I see Homestuck as the nice example of meta-literal example of battle.

The only reason why Sburb exists, as I see it, is to avoid the final destruction of everything by the Lord English. It's a resistance action by the Paradox Space, the Ultimate Weapon...

oh god, it explains so much.

While the LE represent Inevitability - the Singularity, the Sburb represent the Creativity - the Infinity. The Sburb 1.0 version is the thing that is a natural counter to the LE's meta-literal aspect. And I feel that the thing John touched was it: the Release version of Sburb.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:49:46 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49932 on: October 26, 2014, 04:43:53 pm »

My theory is that Roxy just made her and Rose invisible so the death lasers went through them, not actually intangible.

I'm going to feel smart about that while I try to figure out the classpect discussion here.  I could use a page of hope right about now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49933 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »

Intangible means things pass through. Invisable means light passes through.

Sburb is the way that the universe reproduces. It's been stated in comic as such several times, and confirmed by Hussie at one point.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49934 on: October 26, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

My theory is that Roxy just made her and Rose invisible so the death lasers went through them, not actually intangible.

You have definitions mixed up.  Invisible means impossible to see, which means the lasers would still hit them.  They would have to have been intangible for them not to have been hit.

Edit: Ninja'd

The Classpect stuff is mostly from a data dump hussie did a year or so back with a lil bit of speculation for the Lord/Muse and a few other classes that not much data was given based on canon occurrences. Aspects were fairly straightforward in explaination, with several speculations based on recent canon.

I demand proof.  A statement such as this is as good as near any speculation without proof.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 3327 3328 [3329] 3330 3331 ... 3524