Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3326 3327 [3328] 3329 3330 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142326 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49905 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:01 pm »

This is just an example session actually, space has nothing to do with inevitability, Void is based in inevitability, Doom and Time are partner aspects to Void and therefore share that on occasion.

Do some reaearch on this~

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49906 on: October 26, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »

This is just an example session actually, space has nothing to do with inevitability, Void is based in inevitability, Doom and Time are partner aspects to Void and therefore share that on occasion.

Do some reaearch on this~
Is this stuff canon, or just a theory?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49907 on: October 26, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »

Classpect theories. Nothing's confirmed- Sergarr's speculation is just as valid as anyone else's.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49908 on: October 26, 2014, 02:57:43 pm »

Classpect theories. Nothing's confirmed- Sergarr's speculation is just as valid as anyone else's.
I figured, but he mentioned research, so I wasn't sure.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49909 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:16 pm »

Still don't see how Void is based on inevitability, seeing as it on many occasions have been used to "duck fate".

Seriously, it allows you to evade the Lord of Time's wrath, how is that "inevitability"?
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49910 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:59 pm »

Not even really theories. Just more... vague ideas that never really universally apply but seem to generally fit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49911 on: October 26, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »

Aren't some classes based on subverting/inverting their aspects, anyways?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49912 on: October 26, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »

Yes; Prince is one of them. Bard is the other one.

AFAIK these two are the only aspect-destroying classes.
._.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49913 on: October 26, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »

Well, Rogues of Void (and presumably Thieves) can remove Void from an object, but that's not quite the same.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49914 on: October 26, 2014, 03:07:03 pm »

I don't see how Space == Change.

Same here.  Breath fits Change better.  I think of Space as equaling Potential instead.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49915 on: October 26, 2014, 03:17:00 pm »

Actually there are several canon things that directly contradict his speculation~

The only aspects that tend to be a cog is Void with it's whole inevitability horrorterror bit and Doom for obvious reasons.

Still don't see how Void is based on inevitability, seeing as it on many occasions have been used to "duck fate".

Seriously, it allows you to evade the Lord of Time's wrath, how is that "inevitability"?
Void is the final state. It is what everything ends with. When all stars die and all planets crumble, there is naught but empty Void.

Time has a link to void, but as it is not Primary Void, it can't catch that which does not exist.

Most Void powers involve making things not exist or removing the trait of nonexistance from it.

What Roxy did with Rose is an excellent example, she made them not exist physically to dodge the psionic blast.

Yes; Prince is one of them. Bard is the other one.

AFAIK these two are the only aspect-destroying classes.
Prince is based on destroying their aspect with their aspect. Eriden used Hopewands to destroy Hope of revival of the troll race, as well as several other hope based things.

Bard is by nature a randomized class, it inverts between inverse and normal almost at random, as was shown with Gamzee sober and Gamzee stoned. As he was Rage, he inverted to Hope, inverts being always unhealthy reduced him to a stoner believing in "miracles" and that messiah crap. When he went sober, he went to the extreme. Bars being a random class also is why he dealt more damage then Vriska, in all honesty, Gamzee's Randomkind is yet another example. Letting him use certain weapons at random times.

Subverting like Prince does is different then Inverting, like when Rose went Grimdark and Jade went Grimbark.

I don't see how Space == Change.

Same here.  Breath fits Change better.  I think of Space as equaling Potential instead.
John gained freedom from the plot as a breath, time and space and on occasion, life do change. Potential is a class based thing, not aspect, Jake's Pageness crushing Jade's Grimbark is an example.

Well, Rogues of Void (and presumably Thieves) can remove Void from an object, but that's not quite the same.
Rogue is a support class, used to benefit the team, as Roxy did with Rose. Thief is a active class, Vriska as a Thief of Light stole the fortune and luck from her foes, Light deals with knowledge and fortune, Void deals with inevitability and lies.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49916 on: October 26, 2014, 03:20:38 pm »

Potential would in my eyes be more equal to Hope. After all, that seems like the strongest Aspect in direct confrontation that has been shown.

If you look at the picture of Space, you can see a lot of curving lines conjugating in one point. They can begin in all of the points, but will inevitably end in one single point. But Void avoids the center altogether, for the Center is the place where all the universes move to - the destruction at the hands of the Lord English. While Light deals with the Possibilities, which are all governed by the Lord of Time, the Void deals with Impossibilities, which are explicitly said to be outside the omniscient eyes of the Lord.

EDIT: You seem to miss the fact that the horrorterrors, while powerfull and all, are unable to resist the power of the Lord of Time.

Such is the sheer literal power of inevitability that the timeless fabric of nothingness is damaged and subverted by it.
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49917 on: October 26, 2014, 03:32:36 pm »

Potential would in my eyes be more equal to Hope. After all, that seems like the strongest Aspect in direct confrontation that has been shown.

If you look at the picture of Space, you can see a lot of curving lines conjugating in one point. They can begin in all of the points, but will inevitably end in one single point. But Void avoids the center altogether, for the Center is the place where all the universes move to - the destruction at the hands of the Lord English. While Light deals with the Possibilities, which are all governed by the Lord of Time, the Void deals with Impossibilities, which are explicitly said to be outside the omniscient eyes of the Lord.

EDIT: You seem to miss the fact that the horrorterrors, while powerfull and all, are unable to resist the power of the Lord of Time.

Such is the sheer literal power of inevitability that the timeless fabric of nothingness is damaged and subverted by it.
A Lord of Time uses Inevitability to their advantage, which is why they can harm smaller horrorterror, it takes a Lord of Light to harm the larger ones. The Antithesis to Void.

Hope deals in Faith and Imagination, Space has influence with Inagination as well, hence Jade's artsyness and Caliope's manipulating the plot through her writing. Hope is arguably the strongest aspect, as it is purely based in belief, hence Jake believing he could beat Grimbark and hence Eridan's wands which were in reality normal white wands being more powerful then the god weapon he brought into the game. Terezi stated the wand output smelled "faintly hopeful" The wands shot hope, same color as the hopeball that Jake made. Which mind you smashed Grinbark Jade.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49918 on: October 26, 2014, 03:36:48 pm »

Uh, the Lord of Light doesn't exist.

And last time I checked the horrorterrors were all in panic because of Lord English, if it was based of some "size" criteria then they wouldn't be so terrified, right?

I mean, the horrorterrors exist Outside of Time, right? And the role of the Lord is to expand his domain outward. Thus, the invasion of the Outer Ring by the Lord of Time, who not only kills horrorterror, but also brings time into the timeless domain.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:45:15 pm by Sergarr »
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49919 on: October 26, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

Actually, a Lord and Muse can come from any session. The only requirement is that there are four or less players.

We are watching a set of sessions, they just happen to not involve any additional lords and muses.

Uncountable numbers of small horrorterrors flipping out is still a pretty big issue. The larger ones would likely be concerned.
Pages: 1 ... 3326 3327 [3328] 3329 3330 ... 3524