Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3329 3330 [3331] 3332 3333 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142097 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49950 on: October 26, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »

LE is presumed to be Caliborn. What does Caliborn want? Power. Does he have the power to destroy large Horrorterrors? No. He does not.

Caliborn isn't Lord English, yet.  He will be, eventually.  Presumptuous to say that Caliborn doesn't have the power, when he is honestly, just early on in his lifespan.

BecNoir and BecMailperson injured several Horrorterrors in their path through the furthest ring. Horrorterrors are not unkillable, just hard to kill.

Proof?
Incomic, becnoir and becmail, several severed tentacles from Horrorterrors floating around during the bits we saw the chase.

LE still can't kill big ones, course they can't kill him either, both can hurt one another from what I understand though.
Something tells me this equilibrium is not in the favor in horrorterrors, seeing as their living space gets destroyed and there's no way for them to reclaim/repair it back.
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49951 on: October 26, 2014, 06:15:42 pm »

Good thing they have infinite living space~

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49952 on: October 26, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »

Seriously though I can't remember there being any distinctions between "big" and "small" horrorterrors. This is the main thing that bugs me about the claims you're making - I'm certain that we've been told that they're being slaughtered, and no later quibbles were introduced about that.

EDIT: At least, distinctions in terms of their susceptibility to slaughter. Evidently Rose's grimoire, to whatever extent it describes reality accurately, does include a hierarchy, but there's no reason to believe that LE has any less power to eliminate the top of the pyramid than the base.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:26:31 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49953 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27:58 pm »

Seriously though I can't remember there being any distinctions between "big" and "small" horrorterrors. This is the main thing that bugs me about the claims you're making - I'm certain that we've been told that they're being slaughtered, and no later quibbles were introduced about that.
That.

What makes you so certain that there's some kind of parity between LE and horrorterrors?

Especially since it's been explicitly said that they're being slaughtered. Not defeated, not killed, but fucking slaughtered.
._.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49954 on: October 26, 2014, 07:38:34 pm »

I was gone for only a few hours, and now I've come back to long debates of things like classpect.

I admit I skimmed the topic, but here's my opinion on classpect: Everything is bunk. Nothing is really true, other than what has been directly stated in the comic.

Also, Lord English is barely understood.

Finally: My interpretation of there being only Trolls and Humans in the furthest ring is this: Normally it resets/ clears players when the game is beaten, but the trolls never claimed their reward. I think there are also implications that LE's purpose is to clean out the furthest ring.

I am almost certainly missing some points of discussion here, but whatever.

Edit: Completely unrelated to everything: I found this. Warning to headphone users, and, well, anyone who likes pleasant noises.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:36:48 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49955 on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:28 pm »

From what I can tell, LE is trying to drop the Green Sun through into somewhere else. He cracked space-time in a large circle around it. What happens when you have something resting on glass cracked in a circle around it? It falls through. And the Green Sun is the "Sun"  to a "Solar System" of sessions. Its stated that actually destroying it would be approximately as bad as destroying the Sun would be to us.

As for classpect... Best canon thing we have is Callioppe saying that each class can be defined by a single statement or perhaps two. She said that a Prince could be:

One who destroyed aspect or one who destroyed with aspect.

And that Bard was:

One who allowed aspect to be destroyed or allowed something to be destroyed by aspect

Most of the best speculation I've found on classpects is trying to fit other classes into statements like those. I've heard theories that Heir is:

One who inherits/becomes aspect.

EG: John becoming wind and receiving his warpy powers, Mituna receiving doom during his accident.

Also, no one forget that LE also has John's retconny powers. Presumably he avoids using them too much to avoid disturbing the perilous inverted pyramid of events his existence rests. Most of his already here tricks could be that, rather then straight time travel. And I'm pretty sure someone stated that the dream bubbles were bait to distract LE from turning on the Horrorterrors themselves. LE is, from what I can tell, ridiculous. He has unconditional immortality from defeating Yaldabaoth, god tier powers, First Guardian powers[From Doc Scratch], whatever his rainbow magicy thing is AND Callioppes wandgun, which may be an entirely different brand of power.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49956 on: October 26, 2014, 11:38:29 pm »

My favorite track is still an apples-and-oranges between secretrom and Rex Duodecim Angelus.

In case someone hasn't seen the excellent fan-animation of the trolls fighting the Black King: http://youtu.be/-19Up0dLzNw
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49957 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:34 pm »

I'm still waiting for this to be used in the comic. If it isn't ever used, then I will be disappointed.

Also says that no one has guess the character, so it's someone extremely obscure.

Nepeta? Just kidding, but still. I'm lost trying to think about who it could be. Calliope? Dave Sprite? Nanna Sprite? PM? WV + Ring?

? ? ?

Just wait, it will actually be Nepeta.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:14:47 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49958 on: October 27, 2014, 08:28:49 pm »

Could be Calliope's mom I guess.  It reminds me of Sburban Jungle, and the victorious green cherub of creation might be responsible for a lot of the game constructs being instantiated.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49959 on: October 27, 2014, 08:34:08 pm »

...and the victorious green cherub of creation might be responsible for a lot of the game constructs being instantiated.

Does that mean we can blame this cherub for inputting a mechanic that made the ascent into Lord English possible?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49960 on: October 27, 2014, 08:39:41 pm »

I think so.  I have a theory actually, that the cherubs' parents had inverted classes.  The mother sounded more active than the father, he led her on a trail she had to pursue.  The path of the lord/lady might always be strenuous but destined for apparent success and dominion, while the muse is doomed to be defeated (and yet subtly and eventually succeed?).  The father was soundly defeated but Caliborn is carrying on his legacy and then some.  And we can be pretty confident that Caliborn's plans won't work out forever, largely thanks to Calliope's influence.

Caliborn whining about the path of the Lord:
uu: AND WHILE MY TRIALS WILL BE SIMILARLY GRUELING. A LORD'S WORTHINESS IS AT NO POINT EVER IN DOUBT.
uu: HIS NOBILITY IS MANIFEST. SUPREME MASTERY WAITS FOR HIM PATIENTLY. LIKE AN EMPTY THRONE UNDER HEAVY GUARD.
uu: REALITY ALREADY KNOWS I WILL PREVAIL. JUST AS IT KNEW I WOULD PREDOMINATE.
uu: AND SO INEVITABILITY IS ALWAYS ON MY SIDE.
uu: IT IS MY. WHAT DO YOU CALL IT.
uu: BORTHRIGHT?
uu: BORTHRIGHT.

Oh and my point was that the Lady of Space would be a prime hero to create all the game constructs, causing unthinkable amounts of creation to occur, yet accidentally dooming all these new universes by siring LE.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:42:57 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #49961 on: October 27, 2014, 09:00:43 pm »

I'm still waiting for this to be used in the comic. If it isn't ever used, then I will be disappointed.

Also says that no one has guess the character, so it's someone extremely obscure.

Nepeta? Just kidding, but still. I'm lost trying to think about who it could be. Calliope? Dave Sprite? Nanna Sprite? PM? WV + Ring?

? ? ?

Just wait, it will actually be Nepeta.
Theory: It's for a horrible almaglamation of one half of Gamzee and some other person (John!) via Kernalsprite; Gamzee of course taking advantage of John's retcon power and hitching a ride, only to shove EarlyGameJohn and DeadHalfGamzee into John's Kernalsprite before either the clown or Grandma can be prototyped into it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49962 on: October 27, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »

Why would the previous-generation Cherubs have classes? They're just garden-variety superbeings within their universe, as far as I'm aware.

Note also that Lady of Space can't exist for two reasons - the more important being that it's been confirmed that many classes are sex-specific and that the two "Master" classes have already been locked down as Lord/Muse (and Active/Passive, and sex-specific, much to my eternal annoyance), and the more pedantic being that "Lady" has two syllables.

EDIT: Unless Calliope was mistaken or lying, both of which are possible given that she's a fandom-insert and we do love our fanfiction. I think the syllable thing is an actual rule from a Hussie infodump though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:58:28 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49963 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »

Why would the previous-generation Cherubs have classes? They're just garden-variety superbeings within their universe, as far as I'm aware.

Note also that Lady of Space can't exist for two reasons - the more important being that it's been confirmed that many classes are sex-specific and that the two "Master" classes have already been locked down as Lord/Muse (and Active/Passive, and sex-specific, much to my eternal annoyance), and the more pedantic being that "Lady" has two syllables.

^This.

Also, for the record, the second most active and passive classes are female and male exclusive respectively[Pretty sure they're Witch and Page].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #49964 on: October 27, 2014, 10:04:12 pm »

Speculation: The referenced character is a flight of stairs, which will someday defeate LE?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 3329 3330 [3331] 3332 3333 ... 3524