Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2946 2947 [2948] 2949 2950 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122006 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44205 on: January 14, 2013, 02:30:37 am »

No, it got taken down because people were using it as an excuse to act like dicks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44206 on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

Hussie posted another blog post saying that the reason that he took down the joke was because of people complaining about SJ bloggers, not about the SJ bloggers themselves.

Huh.
I'm not actually surprised. Although I honestly thought the biggest problem was the inexplicability to anyone not intimately familiar with the current community, it's clear Hussie doesn't have a problem with poking fun at social justice bloggers (see: Kankri). What we haven't seen before is this thing best exemplified at the end, the whole, "... then you would be doing your part to behave in a way that doesn’t make creators feel embarrassed to be defended by you." When you have thousands and thousands of people leaping to your defense in a way that would make you go to each one of them if you could, "Uh, yeah, that's... not actually what I meant, buddy? Could we let my words do the job for me, I kind of write them for a living so I hopefully know how to say what I mean.", I can see why that'd be pretty frustrating.

This is basically a way of saying, "If you want to be self-righteous about something, I can't stop you, but don't use me as an excuse, pals."

I say, therefore doing exactly the same thing I'm complaining about. Hypocrisy weeeeee
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44207 on: January 14, 2013, 02:36:52 am »

If by "got taken down" you mean "was replaced by even MORE happyfruits, which are awesome", then yes.

And man, if misbehavior in the fanbase always resulted in happyfruits, I'd start a shitstorm just to see what expression the durians would have.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44208 on: January 14, 2013, 02:39:05 am »

Wait, happyfruits? All I'm seeing is "I feel so alive". The only fruits are the marquee at the top that squeaks when you click it.
Wrong page herp derp I suck
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44209 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45:46 am »

Quote from: tumblr dude
Too bad the SJW fuck faces can’t change the fact that Hussie confirmed Jane was Caucasian. I ain’t even mad c:

some people never learn

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #44210 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:02 am »

So I'm going to go back a bit in this argument to before Hussie reverted the joke.

What does Trickster Mode Jane's race have to do with anything? I think he's making fun of the people who insisted that the kids had to be white, but I don't think it's coming across that well and I'm not entirely sure.

And now I'm going to return to the present.

So what were people complaining about with the joke that prompted the removal? Was it people running around going 'JANE IS WHITE' or something like that?

I don't understand what's going on with this issue.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44211 on: January 14, 2013, 03:16:27 am »

Seriously, someone made him take down the tasteless joke at the expense of the community? Ah well.

I sadly can't guess the right URL for the Pantone color scheme graphic. That could have actually been useful for arts. :(

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44212 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:34 am »

Seriously, someone made him take down the tasteless joke at the expense of the community? Ah well.

I sadly can't guess the right URL for the Pantone color scheme graphic. That could have actually been useful for arts. :(

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44213 on: January 14, 2013, 03:48:56 am »

Allow me to join the new topic together with the old:

At least the new joke is one people will get when they archive dive.

This. If I hadn't been made sort of vaguely aware of the whole 'fandom caucasian thing' thing the day before that, I would have had absolutely no clue what the 'joke' was supposed to have been. It's not like the muppet babies thing where if you don't catch the reference it still makes sense in context. The new version has fruity rumpus factory-of-the-looms characters, and references the whole 'old-timey-speak' thing, and finishes the sentence in context, (feel peachy => feel good :: feel caucasian => ???) and subtly highlights her new skin tone, so it both comes across a lot better and uses in-story imagery.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44214 on: January 14, 2013, 04:15:12 am »

Man, I hope this new direction increases the amount of videos featuring trickster kids.
More trickster kid art too. I just love them and their creepy happiness.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #44215 on: January 14, 2013, 04:21:22 am »

Updort. And Erisolsprite is basically me.
くコ:彡

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44216 on: January 14, 2013, 05:00:27 am »

Updort. And Erisolsprite is basically the fandom.
Erisol is L(pool balls)rd English guys.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44217 on: January 14, 2013, 05:03:11 am »

Have ya'll heard this Homestuck song?
"I don't know what Homestuck is" - http://tindeck.com/listen/heiy

It's really good.

Also, this update is lol. Babies! lol

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44218 on: January 14, 2013, 05:17:45 am »

Look on the plus side. All the Trickster Mode people are going to go to Derse and die, and then it'll all be fixed.

...Right?

RIGHT?!?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44219 on: January 14, 2013, 05:40:09 am »

Well except if those two die there they're dead for good.
Pages: 1 ... 2946 2947 [2948] 2949 2950 ... 3524