Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122021 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44190 on: January 13, 2013, 04:25:38 pm »

I can't wait to hear how the man himself explains this bullshit.
This is a thing that really needs to happen - Hussie himself has brought up how he has had to sacrifice potential jokes in order to keep things making some kind of sense to the archive reader, and it's really a very good point (says the guy who started reading just before Act 6 started). The trolling of the audience is perfectly in keeping with the past, but the way in which it's done here absolutely destroys the archive reader perspective, and there's going to have to be some kind of fucking miracle that turns these things into a retroactive joke for somebody who's not a part of the community. I'd like to credit Hussie with the ability to not completely ignore Past Hussie's advice, but I'm not sure I can.

Trickster Mode really is the absolute peak of this. Hell, even the Tumblr jokes in the Meenah flashes were just appended to actual content - this is front and center plot material, that makes no sense without being a member of the community (or being that one person in a million who hits Ctrl-T on every flash for some reason).

I always hit ctrl+t whenever there was a new walkaround, though I started giving up in A6I3 because they're all based on the same engine and the first one didn't do it.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44191 on: January 13, 2013, 05:37:49 pm »

So it appears that Andrew Hussie just toned down a joke.

Trickster Mode was weird and all, but at least it followed the established pattern of Hussie fucking with his webcomic. But this thing? I can't deal with this.

I just can't.

I'm all out of cans.

#inability to can #when it comes to dealing with things

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44192 on: January 13, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

Fun fact: I don't tumbler.
The actual fuck is fuck I don't what the fuck did even fucking happen so why is what the fuck?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44193 on: January 13, 2013, 05:46:21 pm »

So it appears that Andrew Hussie just toned down a joke.

Trickster Mode was weird and all, but at least it followed the established pattern of Hussie fucking with his webcomic. But this thing? I can't deal with this.

I just can't.

I'm all out of cans.

#inability to can #when it comes to dealing with things
Aaw.
I thought the original was pretty funny.
#N9t racially privileged.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44194 on: January 13, 2013, 06:03:17 pm »

Huh. Skin color is the only thing Hussie respects.

Wait, that sounds wrong...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:43:42 am by Liber celi »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44195 on: January 13, 2013, 06:44:03 pm »

Allow me to join the new topic together with the old:

At least the new joke is one people will get when they archive dive.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44196 on: January 13, 2013, 07:48:28 pm »

Trickster mode, you’ve probably observed, is a sort of ridiculous game powerup, like a Mario star or Kirby’s lollipop, which for a while brings everything to a frantic and surreal place.

So it seems like trickster mode is fully intended, not some weird punishment given out by Sburb or anything. Hopefully the kids will gain control of their trickster selves at some point so they can actually make use of the power instead of just kicking each other in the nuts for the rest of eternity.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44197 on: January 13, 2013, 07:52:33 pm »

Trickster mode, you’ve probably observed, is a sort of ridiculous game powerup, like a Mario star or Kirby’s lollipop, which for a while brings everything to a frantic and surreal place.

So it seems like trickster mode is fully intended, not some weird punishment given out by Sburb or anything. Hopefully the kids will gain control of their trickster selves at some point so they can actually make use of the power instead of just kicking each other in the nuts for the rest of eternity.
Maybe one of them is going to cook Caliborn in the nuts so hard that his eyes pop out?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44198 on: January 13, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »

Na, I'm betting it's turtles nut kicking all the way down. Somehow this actuates all existence.
All those explanations you wanted? How did the warhammer of zillyhoo get created? Why is Gamzee doing those things that Gamzee does? What does Fefita sound like? How did Jane and Jake even achieve cross session communications (Or do we already know this)? When will become of the cherubs? Well fuck you. All you get is a candy coated foot to the balls.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44199 on: January 13, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

The new joke is actually funnier than the last one just because of those ridiculous fruit faces. I love those things.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44200 on: January 13, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

Quick. Get the lofruits.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44201 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »

Nah, that's Apples' thing. And she's not reading anymore so I'll let her update her avatar if she ever gets caught up :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44202 on: January 14, 2013, 01:20:51 am »

Hussie is being a fruitist. I am offended that he implied because being a peach I am expected to kick people in the balls.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44203 on: January 14, 2013, 01:31:21 am »

Hussie posted another blog post saying that the reason that he took down the joke was because of people complaining about SJ bloggers, not about the SJ bloggers themselves.

Huh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44204 on: January 14, 2013, 02:28:53 am »

Hussie posted another blog post saying that the reason that he took down the joke was because of people complaining about SJ bloggers, not about the SJ bloggers themselves.

Huh.
So a perfectly good joke got taken down because of people complaining about people complaining about how it might hypothetically offend someone.
I still blame SJ bloggers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 3524