Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2944 2945 [2946] 2947 2948 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122023 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44175 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:37 am »

suspenders
bowtie
cal icon
is anyone else getting distinctly unnerved here
moreso than usual, i mean

Green cheek spirals...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44176 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:48 am »

Red and green color theme.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44177 on: January 13, 2013, 04:36:57 am »

AAAAARARARARGGGHH HUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44178 on: January 13, 2013, 10:41:22 am »

The infection is spreading by kicks to the groin area.
My only weakness.

In fact, I might go so far as to say that Cal is an in-universe diminutive of "Caliborn", which all the kids are aware of, but the audience never has learned.

This would be painstakenly obvious and terrifyingly diabolical at the same time. Great theory.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44179 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:23 am »

It seems that Jake has turned gay. >:]

I think I found it easier to deal with this comic when all the characters were dying instead of going trickster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44180 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:30 pm »

The battleship and meteor crew need to show up already. And put an end to these terrifying shenanigans before the whole thing goes straight to hell.

Alternatively, Roxy will slap some sense into everybody.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44181 on: January 13, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »

You've clearly forgotten about Calliope's drawing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44182 on: January 13, 2013, 12:30:28 pm »

Arquiusprite shall have to save the day, then.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44183 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:00 pm »

Just because she got arted doesn't mean she'll actually go Trickster. And Roxy is the only one who seems to be without weird drama issues since kicking her drinking habit. I mean, think about it, she's the only one of the four who knows how to deal with other people in the flesh.

Or maybe she'll go trickster, and because she doesn't have any weird self or social issues, she'll not be a crazy-ass, nut kicking spazzoid.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44184 on: January 13, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »

Or maybe she'll go trickster and be drunk off her butt at the same time.

:o

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44185 on: January 13, 2013, 12:57:51 pm »

Fefeta shall have to save the day, then.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44186 on: January 13, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

This is the only part of Homestuck I understand.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44187 on: January 13, 2013, 01:53:06 pm »

Now he has lost it. How in hell will that even look for the archival reader? Or somebody who has never surfed the homestuck tag on tumblr?
Yeah, this is probably the biggest problem. It's like Engage Hero Mode dialed up to eleven.

I bet that, some time after Homestuck finishes, someone will release a "commentry-included" version of Homestuck for new readers.

This is my biggest problem with these turn of events.  I was rereading some other sections a while ago, and there's things like Pantskat and Hussie's death scene with Vriska's face that wouldn't make any fucking sense, or at least not be nearly the jokes that they were, to somebody who wasn't reading the comic day to day at the time, and wasn't keeping up with Hussie's and fan's shenanigans in the blogoverse.  This entire Trickster nonsense and the Caucasian thing is, with no apologies, the icing on the cake, as a huge meta-referenced to a self-perpetuating fanart trend stemming back to Act 1.

If Act 5 was making fun of the Internet in general, Act 6 has become Homestuck making fun of itself, and a good chunk of this shit is going to be meaningless to anyone reading this in the future, not currently in full on "addiction" mode.

An "Annotated Homestuck" would make sense, and I think is exactly what Hussie himself is doing with the book version (which now knocking on the door of the comic's end, hasn't gotten any farther than Act 2).  There's some comments in the Act 1 book about Vriska, how she doesn't exist until Act 5 but takes over the story and becomes retroactively important for everything.  I can't wait to hear how the man himself explains this bullshit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44188 on: January 13, 2013, 03:13:51 pm »

I can't wait to hear how the man himself explains this bullshit.
This is a thing that really needs to happen - Hussie himself has brought up how he has had to sacrifice potential jokes in order to keep things making some kind of sense to the archive reader, and it's really a very good point (says the guy who started reading just before Act 6 started). The trolling of the audience is perfectly in keeping with the past, but the way in which it's done here absolutely destroys the archive reader perspective, and there's going to have to be some kind of fucking miracle that turns these things into a retroactive joke for somebody who's not a part of the community. I'd like to credit Hussie with the ability to not completely ignore Past Hussie's advice, but I'm not sure I can.

Trickster Mode really is the absolute peak of this. Hell, even the Tumblr jokes in the Meenah flashes were just appended to actual content - this is front and center plot material, that makes no sense without being a member of the community (or being that one person in a million who hits Ctrl-T on every flash for some reason).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #44189 on: January 13, 2013, 03:53:58 pm »

It still makes sense to me as an abstract plot device, even if I weren't following from mid Act 2. Trickster Mode is something like what happens when Sburb/A Horny Universe detects cheating or other bullshit, like being given hax from another session (In this case Jujus from the Caliborn's crazy FUBAR session), and so it NOPES all the way out the door. We don't actually know what the SUCKER does, because Trickster Mode happened.
Pages: 1 ... 2944 2945 [2946] 2947 2948 ... 3524