Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118590 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9060 on: September 24, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »

Genocide? When did Vriska do that?
When she and Eridan killed all those trolls to feed her lusis and Gl'bgolyb. The exact number is unknown, but just look at the things. No way you're feeding them without commiting genocide.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: September 24, 2010, 02:34:32 pm »

I love this artist, thank you SkepticArcher.

Also, I have a whole new batch of Homestuck images I want to upload to my photobucket account for your viewing pleasure, but I have an eye doctors appointment real soon so that'll have to wait about an hour.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: September 24, 2010, 02:46:48 pm »

When she and Eridan killed all those trolls to feed her lusis and Gl'bgolyb. The exact number is unknown, but just look at the things. No way you're feeding them without commiting genocide.

That's not genocide, that's mass murder.

It would be genocide if they were exclusively targeting land dwwellers to exterminate them, but those were not their exclusive targets nor their purpose.

The two terms are not perfectly interchangeable.

And besides, you know what Terezi didn't do that Vriska did? Oh, only genocide and torture. Terezi isn't really evil in my opinion, and really isn't evil when put next to Vriska.

While we're at it, I don't recall Vriska torturing anybody either. Let's be clear about the exact nature of Vriska's moral wrongdoing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: September 24, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »

That's not genocide, that's mass murder.

It would be genocide if they were exclusively targeting land dwwellers to exterminate them, but those were not their exclusive targets nor their purpose.

The two terms are not perfectly interchangeable.

Alright, fine, mass murder.
Quote from:  Jim Groovester
And besides, you know what Terezi didn't do that Vriska did? Oh, only genocide and torture. Terezi isn't really evil in my opinion, and really isn't evil when put next to Vriska.

While we're at it, I don't recall Vriska torturing anybody either. Let's be clear about the exact nature of Vriska's moral wrongdoing.
I would consider her actions against Tavros to be torture, emotionally if not physically.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: September 24, 2010, 02:52:11 pm »

@Jim: Exactly, as you can tell from the Lusii corpses, their victims covered the whole range of the haemospectrum.

It would be genocide if they were targeting a specific caste or blood color.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: September 24, 2010, 03:01:56 pm »

I'll agree that Vriska is a bitch enough for what she did, and we don't need to overextend what she did to justify her title. She needs no help, she can handle this on her own.

Also, I have a new voice to associate with Spades Slick.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:43 pm »

Technically, Vriska was trying to commit genocide.  She was helping Eridan build that doomsday device.

Also, maybe this has been discussed before, but how much do you want to bet Vriska's causing John to drop the ring is directly related to the scratch?
Shoes...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: September 24, 2010, 03:49:42 pm »

I'll agree that Vriska is a bitch enough for what she did, and we don't need to overextend what she did to justify her title. She needs no help, she can handle this on her own.

I do not know that song, or the voice associated with it. I assume it's another disney song, though?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: September 24, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »

I do not know that song, or the voice associated with it. I assume it's another disney song, though?

Only one of the best villain songs of the whole genre.  Goosestepping and everything.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: September 24, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »

Quote from:  Jim Groovester

I would consider her actions against Tavros to be torture, emotionally if not physically.

That was flirting.

I am moderately shocked.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: September 24, 2010, 03:55:42 pm »

It's from Hamlet with Lions The Lion King.

Damn, ninja'd with the link.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: September 24, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »

The MSPA forums general fanart thread, like page 15 or so. I gotta head off but it's somewhere from like a week ago.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:07 pm »

I'm so glad MSPA had an ad for this book because it is wonderful.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »

That was flirting.
Psychotic, apologize-to-me-for-being-crippled-by-me flirting, yes. Vriska could turn all Atoner right now and I would never feel an inch of sympathy for her character. I find more sympathetic motivation in freaking Equius.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 3524