Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209701 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #810 on: June 04, 2009, 02:07:52 pm »

you need hunting to attack animals.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #811 on: June 04, 2009, 02:19:13 pm »

Even if they are actively biting you?
You need to be a trained hunter in order to stomp on a rat?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »

Even if they are actively biting you?
You need to be a trained hunter in order to stomp on a rat?
We need cockroaches to throw at giants to even stand a chance. This shouldn't be too different.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 04, 2009, 02:30:07 pm »

Foxes by my settlement keep stomping me while I'm trying to get wood for my cabin in the third ring. Whats a good level to fight em back with?

Also, 30 more boards and my cabin is done. I have a spinning wheel too, and if someone brings me a beatiful dream, I'm going to make a dream catcher.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 04, 2009, 02:32:17 pm »

Why, I remember when cabins only took 4 branches.

On dreamcatchers: they don't require a dream; they require 1 wool yarn and 2 branches.  They create dreams which you can then harvest.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 04, 2009, 02:57:37 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up, now I can make my super settlement.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:26 pm »

Hey guys, Future got us a trade deal. We're selling bread for leather on a 1-to-1 basis. We need a lot of leather, and making leather is a lot of work (try filling one of those tubs if you don't believe me), so it's quite a good deal. However, this means we need to save up at least 20 bread because Lakeside only wants to trade in bulk. So please, include some apples in your diet. It's a minor inconvenience, and it means we'll all have backpacks much sooner, which will substantially increase our efficiency. Not to mention we'll have more quivers, which will do wonders for our hunters - they should be able to go to stockpile and exchange an empty quiver for a full one whenever they need to.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't eat bread at all, but please don't make it your whole diet. Eating just one food type is bad for you, anyway.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »

Hey guys, Future got us a trade deal. We're selling bread for leather on a 1-to-1 basis. We need a lot of leather, and making leather is a lot of work (try filling one of those tubs if you don't believe me), so it's quite a good deal. However, this means we need to save up at least 20 bread because Lakeside only wants to trade in bulk. So please, include some apples in your diet. It's a minor inconvenience, and it means we'll all have backpacks much sooner, which will substantially increase our efficiency. Not to mention we'll have more quivers, which will do wonders for our hunters - they should be able to go to stockpile and exchange an empty quiver for a full one whenever they need to.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't eat bread at all, but please don't make it your whole diet. Eating just one food type is bad for you, anyway.

Are they coming to us, or are we coming to them?
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 04, 2009, 03:11:20 pm »

I've found that the hungrier you are, the harder it is to fill up the hunger bar. Like, earlier I was Very Hungry and every time I ate an apple it only went up a tidge each apple. Then when I finally got it up to full, one apple would fill almost half the entire bar.

Keep your hunger bar from going too low and you will need to eat less.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 04, 2009, 03:43:48 pm »

I'll help you guys with the order if someone wants to stop by my house once I put up a new post. I'm very close to having a 4 loafs done so once I say so, come and get em.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:33 pm »

so, now I got beat up by a fox and it just wont go away ¬¬
nice '-'
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 04, 2009, 04:52:41 pm »

I just am finishing up my beehive. Started playing at 2 today, 4:50 now. Got a log cabin, well, oven, kiln, three drying racks, a tanning tub, a churn, a spinning wheel, some actual storage baskets (mostly wicker, but there is a straw one and an urn), a quern, one of those clay infinite respawn patties, a 3x6 field, a road connecting these all, 2 dream catchers, and my hearth fire. Grinding teapots so I can build one of those claiming posts and keep this forever. Drop a line here if you want to be added as kin so you can come on my land.

Five loaves of bread at my place available for picking up! That thar be one fourth of thy delivery. All I be askin for in return, be some straw, yarrr!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:01:39 pm by sonerohi »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 04, 2009, 05:03:46 pm »

Hey, I just saw a thread on official forum where a guy called Blaccy that lives quite close to Bottleneck said he wants to trade with people.

Stuff I'm looking for:
- Wrought Iron
- Fish
- Sheep meat
- Piglet Sausages!
- Empty Quivers
- Fox Fuet
- Running Rabbit Sausage

Stuff I can supply:
- Bread
- Quivers full of Bone Arrows
- Candles
- Honeybuns
- Apple Pies
- Straw
I think we should look into buying full quivers from him. Did we have a fisherman in our village? We could trade fish for those. And if our hunters kill a lot of foxes, which they seem to do, we might even come up with some Running Rabbit sausages.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 04, 2009, 05:05:20 pm »

I can thin down a local herd of sheep.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 04, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »

I just started playing. Can someone help me understand what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 171