Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209710 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #840 on: June 04, 2009, 08:56:29 pm »

The problem is that you can't cross other peoples claimed land. Also if it's too thin you could tresspass with hardly any hp penalty.

Wait, which is it?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 04, 2009, 09:09:20 pm »

Trespassing skill lets you enter claimed land by taking a 6 hp hit.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:21 pm »

The only system that I see working is making an insurpassable fence with gaps in it, and the gaps having 1 tile wide and 10 tiles long land claims from every player in the village. Some players would have theirs be two or three tiles wide in case a new player needed a strip. This will never happen, but it could theoretically work.

Not possible. You can't place land claims that close to other land claims. They have to have a gap of several spaces between them, I think - The game tells you that you can't place claims near other claims, and this matched my experience when I tried to place ones really close to each other (a couple spaces apart or less). I was able to place claims which were separated by 10 or so spaces, though, although that's no use to you.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 04, 2009, 09:28:35 pm »

People in your party can enter freely.

But goddam does it take a while to make any sort of bread supply. Also, baking seems to very in time between 11 minutes at full to 16 minutes at full. Then you have the different times for different pastries(Like in real life, which is why baking is hard), and bread becomes quite the affair. I would like it better if hunters would bring in loads of meat. Of course, that depends on how many arrows can be churned out and if we can make more bone arrows than we spend.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 04, 2009, 09:30:15 pm »

Guys, noone from bottleneck has yet to make a run out here to take me up on my offer. I have a ridiculous amount of arrows and a large stockpile of meat and bread. It's free, you just have to come by and ask for it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 04, 2009, 10:23:38 pm »

I would make the journey, but as it stands few of us can reliably take on the foxes and boars of our ring. But worry not, for we are working hard and growing like mad!

A question I would like to pose, how large is the largest 'town' in the game? I know basically all of the first and second rings are a town of sorts, but the largest named entity. We might be it.

Edit: Revelation about baking! Honey Buns require one wood to bake, carrot cake two and the bread/apple pies require three. When baking, only put that much wood in the oven.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:27:14 pm by Duke 2.0 »
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #846 on: June 04, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »

Im pretty sure we are.  That question, tho, is why i started the Bottleneck Census in the HnH forums.  That, and curiosity.

Sonerohi -- Sorry, but Im busy bear hunting in the deep south.   Wait till all dwarves have bear necklaces! Sweet!
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:22 pm »

SOMEONE FUCKING LOG ON THERE ARE FOXES IN THE FUCKING STOCKPILE.

FUUUUUUUUUCK. D:

THERE'S ONE AT MY CABIN CONSTRUCTION SITE NOW!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:35:51 pm by WorkerDrone »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 04, 2009, 10:36:28 pm »

OH GOD I WAS HARVEST MY PRIVATE GRAIN.
 FOXES IN THE DAMN GRAIN FUUUUUUUUUUU-

But seriously, I should pump up that ranged skill. All this baking should do it well. Although more leather for armor for everybody would be preferred over necklaces.

What do the bear tooth necklaces do, anyway?

Edit: Important
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:19:12 am by Duke 2.0 »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:57 pm »

IS NO ONE REALIZING THAT THERE ARE FOXES IN DAMN BOTTLENECK?!!?

My cabin site is north of Bottleneck, at the entrance down from that lake. Its the smaller cliff. SOMEONE HEEEELP D:

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #850 on: June 05, 2009, 12:31:57 am »

I've gotten to the halfway point by the tactical strategy of letting the carp bite me until I can convincingly feign unconsciousness, then tricking them into eating their fill and leaving.

I'm bringing five or so loaves of bread and some bones I found. I also have to thank the kind person who prepared the halfway point and stocked the urn inside with dreams- if I had the skill, I would harvest the dreamcatchers and stock some more myself.

I just leveled up while I was there, so I collected some dreams and stocked the urns- there's enough here for the next, oh, three travelers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:34:48 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 05, 2009, 12:54:19 am »

Just a warning; we have thieves in bottleneck. I had some stuff lifted from my cabin earlier. I have now set up a claim around my cabin hoping to keep some of the ne'er-do-wells out.  :-\

Where do you get string from? One of the things I lost was my fishing pole and that is the only other thing I need to make one.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #852 on: June 05, 2009, 01:25:56 am »

This looks interesting, I'm checking it out..

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 05, 2009, 02:44:39 am »

I won't be worrying about thieves.

I just got Yeomanry, and I also finished my homestead! I now officially live in Bottleneck.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 05, 2009, 05:04:56 am »

Just a warning; we have thieves in bottleneck. I had some stuff lifted from my cabin earlier. I have now set up a claim around my cabin hoping to keep some of the ne'er-do-wells out.  :-\

Where do you get string from? One of the things I lost was my fishing pole and that is the only other thing I need to make one.

That's a worrying prospect as we have steel almost ready sitting in the open and lots of tools, oh well I guess it was inevitable.

Both yarn and plant fibre count as string, there is individual item called string in the game.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 171