Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810340 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7440 on: February 20, 2010, 08:23:12 pm »

It seems okay so far, I havent encounter any assholes. There doesn't seem to be any notion of rping though or concept of ic/ooc. It feels like playing Outer Space Astronaut, which isn't bad if that the intention. Its not what I expected.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: February 20, 2010, 08:26:59 pm »

Well, i dont think the code holders know WHAT they are trying for, because it isnt entirely goon server crazy, or bay12 roleplay-y, its just a disgusting combination that puts ketchup with icecream to mind.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »

Well reading this thread causally there hasnt been a set goal for the theme of the server it seems. I would prefer if a theme idea were gather then placed to vote, or some sorta of vote were to happen about the theme. If Mono is that bad of a griefer, but keeps coming back why not rename traitor mode to Mono? >>

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: February 20, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »

Well reading this thread causally there hasnt been a set goal for the theme of the server it seems. I would prefer if a theme idea were gather then placed to vote, or some sorta of vote were to happen about the theme. If Mono is that bad of a griefer, but keeps coming back why not rename traitor mode to Mono? >>

They keep confusing me with Micro102.... yeah..... he griefed all the time.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: February 20, 2010, 09:11:41 pm »

Ah, I'm not found of Mirco.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: February 20, 2010, 09:22:00 pm »

I want to be able to properly roleplay, However its hard to get a group that is capable of roleplaying decently all online at once
I hold the code, but I don't own the players
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:25:12 pm by Googolplexed »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: February 20, 2010, 09:28:21 pm »

And were to few players to play a decent game(and regarding the timezones...)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: February 20, 2010, 09:28:56 pm »

Roleplay used to be really good at the beginning. In the first round I played on a B12 server, people stopped and apologized for bumping into other people. Of course, there were only around 5-6 people on at most.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: February 20, 2010, 09:35:54 pm »

RP can be enforced and given directions, possibly incentive.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: February 20, 2010, 10:02:04 pm »

Deleted because I became an asshole.

Explanation: Sorry about rage-posting so much.... I haven't had almost any sleep in the past 2 months, and schooling is getting really bad. I'm having family problems as well, but you guys don't really want to hear about any of that. Anyway, basically I am irritated all the time, and it makes my OCD shine through. I am a reaaaallly bad perfectionist, so when things aren't right and I can't fix them, I complain, and complain, and complain, and complain.

Eh, that's alright :D

I've had a few games with good RP, and have gotten some good tips on RP, and at least when I am online, I try to encourage RP.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: February 20, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »

Part of the problem is that public servers attract the people who either play casually, or are banned from Data's/the Goonstation servers.  It's generally best when only B12 people are aware of the server, but then there's at most half a dozen people playing.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7451 on: February 20, 2010, 10:22:02 pm »

All that technical gibber gabber offends the Beorn. All the Beorn wants to know is, will the Beorn be able to order new station modules mid game, or will the Beorn have to pity da foo?

Oh, mid-game loading?

Well, it would be overpowered if unlimited, as the new turf overwrites the old although items remain. This could be fixed by forcing it to only spawn on space or empty plating, and after, replace it all with a solid matter materializing animation for 30 seconds or so, before loading the actual thing.

Pipes, however, are the issue.

Everything else I could probably get working, but pipes are a messy subject that I have not touched. Ever.

So, I could set up a system to spawn in station modules without atmospherics, but pipes wouldn't work without research, and it should be a very rare thing to spawn a module.

However, they would be completely possible, maybe even easy. Ones I would reccomend would be a simple + hallway, and a square room. Additionally, there is the possibility of an emergency station that you would activate, and if you are in a sufficiently large empty area, the space turf you are on would turn to plating, the square around you would turn into the semi-solid materializing turf, and 60 seconds or so later you would be standing in the middle of a crude space platform. Additional ideas include a rapid-deployment solar panel set, in the shape of
Code: [Select]
+++|+++
+++|+++
++CCC++
==CCC==
++CCC++
+++|+++
+++|+++
With + as a panel, = and | a widow-walkway, and C the control room, with it's own SMES and computer.

But first, the question is is it balanced, and is it worthwhile? It is completely possible, but...

Well, it's a feature that the goons don't have, so it would negate almost every argument for releasing the code publicly, and it may have bugs, it would be so overpowered that only one or two should exist at all...

Many, many, posts...

Well, if you want structured development, the first thing to do is figure out where we want to go.
So, YOU, the NON-CODER must HELP by discussing what should be done. You can't just say "focus your efforts" and then slip back into the shadows and lurk in this topic, only resurfacing to complain about the lack of structured development...

Also, some easy method of synchronizing the code would be nice. I have only heard of it, but source control? Something where edits can be optionally included or excluded so that you don't accidentally end up debugging someone else's code or anything...

Part of the problem is that public servers attract the people who either play casually, or are banned from Data's/the Goonstation servers.  It's generally best when only B12 people are aware of the server, but then there's at most half a dozen people playing.

That can be fixed by simply providing a consistant server. In time, it will diverge further, and start gaining good features and attract people for those features, but just by consistantly providing an alternative server, people will play, and some might enjoy it enough to pick ours over others.
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:20 pm »

This ain't going well. I'm still banned and I'm gonna FLIP. Egads.
I hadn't noticed this yet but:
K: duelmaster409 (IP: 256.175.209.105) (Time: 22-Jun-2009) (By: rathensa) (Reason: So many things)

RathenSA, almost a year ago.

Consider yourself unbanned

Also, we do need suggestions on what to add for BS12

And Qwertyuiopas, we have a basic method of source control in a GIT repository on dropbox. If we could find a better way to host it then that would be great
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:30:33 pm by Googolplexed »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: February 20, 2010, 10:30:17 pm »

An idea for making station parts.

1. The sections are called by a special radio, which is only gotten through the supply shuttle, and costs all of the points.

2. The radio would have to be placed 3 tiles out from the station on one of those dark grey floor tiles and activated.

3. This would slowly bring in a 5x5 room, centered on the radio beacon. It would have solid walls, so you would need to cut a hole and install an airlock.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: February 20, 2010, 10:35:44 pm »

Wait wait, is the purpose of these special platforms RP or non RP.

Goons get mad heated over this game. I don't like this. Makes rage seem ok.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:38:29 pm by eerr »
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 950