Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810320 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7410 on: February 20, 2010, 05:47:09 am »

What is it?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: February 20, 2010, 06:01:29 am »

Next time I'm wizard I will show you

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: February 20, 2010, 07:51:32 am »

@laws:  I always have a valid RP reason for carting around a gas mask and cylinder.  I admit that wearing that mask would be suspicious, but ask yourself, "Is it good RP to taze someone just because they are wearing a mask?"

P.S.  My reason is that I'm a paranoid anti-social engineer.  Dur.
I always justify carrying around internals in my backpack with "I'm in deep space, and deep space suffocates me and sucks my eyeballs out."

I also carry around a medkit and all sorts of less justifiable stuff, but I frequently carry around tons of stuff "just in case" anyway.  Most of the time I've got a plastic bag in my pocket in real life, so I don't have to remember to grab one whenever I take my dog out.  I leave in my pocket, forever.

Anyway is the box I start with in my bag actually used for anything?  That black tray thing.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: February 20, 2010, 08:33:40 am »

It can store the same as a toolbox.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7414 on: February 20, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

You can put many things in it, so it holds 7 smaller objects, and only takes one inventory spot, for a total of 13 items, if you don't mind micromanaging your storage.

If you get a second box, it goes up to 19, a third and you can carry a whole 25 items, though most of them smaller.

This is especially important when you are doing repairs, since you can pack your tools in one, your wires in another, and maybe a few other things like spare circuitry in a third, and still have inventory room for other stuff.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: February 20, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »

Googol, would that be the combo you used on me?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:34 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0jofnztnlh3

A nearly complete minature station. (60x60)

People without the code could try to load it with the old code, note the errors, and create atom stubs for them, making it easier to make maps themselves.
Eh?
Eh!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: February 20, 2010, 02:39:08 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0jofnztnlh3

A nearly complete minature station. (60x60)

People without the code could try to load it with the old code, note the errors, and create atom stubs for them, making it easier to make maps themselves.

is it me or does that download not work?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:48 pm »

Seems like it should(Didn't download it myself, byt the page looks normal)

On it's own, however, it is merely a map.
It DOES NOT have the rest of the code required to run or even open it.

If you get an old copy of the code, it should work nearly perfectly, just missing small features like vats, but for those, if you create a definition for them with any properties that opening the map gives an error on, you will be able to use them in your own map and when it is loaded into an up-to-date version, it will be identical to the ones created with the new code.

Unrelated:
The addition of a simple optional offset to the map loader allowed me to make a map that loads 8x8 chunks into gaps left for them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On it's own, that code won't do anything, but simply spawn(0) a call to load_map_modules() near the end of the world/New() in cellautomata.dm, and have map files in the right folders and appropriately named...

It sounds hard, but it isn't, and the results have great potential.

Next goal: let the map refrenced be a list, and if so, it picks a random one to add to the pool. That way, you can have a single category of atmospherics setups, with only one load marker, but it can create one of many.

Another possibility is to have a room area, and one room has a 33% chance of spawing with a murder scene. To do that, you would have rows of loadMapModule loading a bedroom, and one of them will load {"bedroom","bedroom","murderscene"} or however it would be phrased.

Edit: That feature can be added by changing to
   var/list/map = list("blank")
and
   mapModules[category] += pick(map)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:09:02 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: February 20, 2010, 03:21:19 pm »

All that technical gibber gabber offends the Beorn. All the Beorn wants to know is, will the Beorn be able to order new station modules mid game, or will the Beorn have to pity da foo?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: February 20, 2010, 03:45:53 pm »

All that technical gibber gabber offends the Beorn. All the Beorn wants to know is, will the Beorn be able to order new station modules mid game, or will the Beorn have to pity da foo?

LMFAO
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: February 20, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »

I think we should have extra power cells.

Cause this round the entire station was unpowered,flooding with zombies and i was the only human,i had established enough power to the bridge for long engouh to get the shuttle,then when i got solar arrays to gather power and with only 7 more mins till my escape headswe restarted the world. It was so epic,but sad that he restarted the world.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: February 20, 2010, 04:18:04 pm »

We have an A.I. griefer.....
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: February 20, 2010, 04:18:18 pm »

I vote for no restarts except by vote.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: February 20, 2010, 05:07:28 pm »

There are extra power cells in the electrical storage, and you can make lithium cells in chemistry.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 950