Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23643 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 14, finally!
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2009, 12:34:39 am »

[good lord, Strife]

"Ah, archery. The sport of kings" pronounced Richard as he aimed his bow. He let the arrow go, it flew in a gentle arc, and hit...the ground, in front of the target.

"Then I guess it's good you're not in charge around here" John joked, as he readied his own bow, and hitting the target where on a normal human would be called a 'liver'. As he took another arrow, he saw a movement from the corner of his eyes.

"ha ha" said Richard, firing again, and this time a hit. "Don't you have a meeting?" John did not seem to be listening, as he fire another arrow, flying over the target and disappering into a tree "You missed"

"Did I now?" asked John, and withen seconds a would-be assassain fell out of the tree, an arrow between the eyes. "Come on, we have a meeting to go to."

---

"So then" asked John "what are the reports?"

Looking through some paper, Richard reported (well, what else?) "There have been some complaints that there is a lack of transport, especially when bringing in our supplies. there are creatures that have been found in the plains that some of the farmers use, and i think we should divert our research to taming them."

"I think we should put our research into improving our weapons." interrupted Jen "As stated in my debrief from our exploration north, our foe were using some kind of stone tipped spears, and if we can recreate that, then we can fight our targets with better ease."

John listened to the proposals, then looked over to the new Engineer "What about you?"

"I just want to build something big"

"OK then"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2009, 07:54:07 am »

Vanigo, this is what you get for letting us see those numbers, ever.

Spoiler: The Hunt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Meeting (click to show/hide)

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2009, 05:14:32 pm »

The atmosphere in Antemnon grows tense. The city had always played host to a dizzying array of conflicting ideas and theories, but the levelheaded Asykos had always been willing to push aside their many philosophical difference in deference to more practical matters. With the streets becoming more and more crowded, however, they find their patience wearing thin. A cold silence greets Amnarchis whenever he walks about; each year seems to see more and more labors toiling to feed a smaller and smaller group of elect researchers, in direct contrast to the bright new future the Patriarch had promised the New Library would bring.

The troubles seem to be coming to a head over one thing more than anything else: gold. With more and more of the limited gold supply going into magical construction and research it becomes scarcer and scarcer in circulation. Parchment, clay tablets, and other tokens start seeing use as stand-ins for the now-rare gold coins that once flowed freely, straining the trust of even the most open-minded among them.

Even the small bits of gold still in use begin to dwindle as independent researchers put it to personal use in their own magical experiments--a worrying trend, given how many of these same sages participated in developing animated weaponry. Unsurprisingly, Arbelos and the other military artisans are getting ample use out of the new forges, working on constructing armor reinforced with iron plates. The ever-increasing military focus fails to reassure some among the Asykos, however; among the city's relatively well-educated working classes discussion begins to spread about the possibility of military oppression.

"Day after day, month after month we toil to build weapons and fortifications to repel an enemy we have not seen in years. Where are these dread raiders now? For all we know they died in the wilderness long ago."

"It is our own strong hands that fill the granaries and warehouses of the city. Why then do we not enjoy more of the fruits of our labor?"

"Ah, but you are yet young. You do not remember the old days, scratching out a meager subsistence in the hills. Today we have canals and waterwheels to ease the work along; we feed more people with less land and less work than ever before."

"Feed them for what? So that they may live a life of luxury, surrounded by stone walls and armed guards? Such was the way of the old empires, that crumbled under the weight of their sins. Yet even now we are repeating their same mistakes."

Noticing the growing discontent, Amnarchis realizes something must be done. In the libraries and workshops swords are literally beaten into plowshares as he calls for scholars to pursue ways to cultivate better living. Meanwhile Ramades, now a diehard convert to the ways of magical machines, puts the products of the new gold mine back into use for animated pumps, pulleys, and other mining equipment in the hopes of supplying even more gold for the city's growing needs.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »

Harvest:(8 labor)
River plains: 3 labor +12 food
Ocean: 2 labor +6 food +1 pearls
Hills: 1 labor +1 food +1 stone +1 wool
Lumber Camp: 1 labor +1 food +2 wood
Archery Camp: 1 labor +1 food +1 wood +1 leather
Total: 7 labor, +21 food +1 pearls +1 stone +1 wool +3 wood +1 leather

Crafting (2 labor)
2 cloth (-2 wool)
wooden shields (-1 wood)

Research (3 labor)
3 research in Metalworking

Construction (4 labor, 3 bonus labor)
Library (-3 stone 4 labor)
Ship (2 wood, 3 labor)

Food Report:
20 harvested
18 needed
0 luxury
2 stored

Stocks:
stock (changes)
5 pearls (+1)
1 jewelry (-)
1 wool (+1 -2)
1 cloth (+2 -2)
1 stone (+1 -3)
2 wood (+3 -2)
956 S&P (markets reopen with heavy trading but little overall movement)

Morale: 7
+1 Governor
+1 shrine
+1 luxury
18 luxury from 2 cloth

Growth:
+6% morale
-2% crowding
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2009, 06:05:55 am »

(conspicuous lack of RP and, in fact, complete sentences)
Seriously, stop doing this. It pisses me off, which is why I double the odds of nasty shit happening to you when you do it. I don't expect you to have your A-game going every turn, but please put in a little effort.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:07:32 am by Vanigo »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2009, 08:14:29 am »

Sorry, stuff has been a little hectic and everyone else had already posted.  I'm in a college that has classes year round, which I doubt is true of most of the rest of us.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2009, 12:50:01 am »

Sorry, stuff has been a little hectic and everyone else had already posted.  I'm in a college that has classes year round, which I doubt is true of most of the rest of us.
Yeah, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I don't mind that it was late, and I don't really mind that it was rushed, I'd just have liked to have seen a token sentence or two in there, or at least some sort of acknowledgment that something important was missing from your turn.
On a semi-related note, I should probably say that it's getting late and I don't really have time to update the OP. I'll get it tomorrow evening.

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zlrv

Jericho

Asykos

Baneriant
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:02:39 pm by Vanigo »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 15
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2009, 02:38:02 am »

Where are the cattle?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2009, 07:28:22 am »

Glrk'nr, Stozuagun, and the military's squad leaders met in a war meeting to discuss their final plans. Glrk'nr spoke first. "There's no time to finish blood rune research, nor will we need it for this battle now that we have heavy cavalry. We will strike now. The human military will be defeated before the day is out. Stozuagun?"

"If we strike fast enough and destroy their military completely, the humans should outright surrender. I know some of you feel like you won't get to fight because of the newly trained wolf riders, but your role in the battle will be critical."

Glrk'nr spoke once more. "This battle is important, and so we'll win. Now go, fight on for the glory of Zrlv!"

The military left the room, and Glrk'nr went out to start training a squad of warriors. It was better not to leave his city undefended./i]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:36:57 am by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

Where are the cattle?
Nowhere in particular. They have legs; they move around.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2009, 04:41:36 pm »

Mmkay.

I'll make my turn when the first page is updated.
*Back to LCS*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2009, 04:44:29 pm »

Where are the cattle?
Wait wait wait.
The giant carnivorous monsters, are they the cattle?
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2009, 04:54:26 pm »

Where are the cattle?
Wait wait wait.
The giant carnivorous monsters, are they the cattle?
No, the giant OMNIVOROUS monsters are called gigavores. Cattle are cattle.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2009, 10:04:48 pm »

Okay, the OP is updated.

By the way, I seem to have forgotten to offer iron arrows to those of you with metalworking. They can be given to archers in place of the wooden arrows they get free, and cost 2 labor and 0.5 iron (rounded up if you're making an odd number). Naturally, they don't stack with the flint/obsidian attack bonus.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2009, 10:09:29 pm »

Awesome.

Also, Vanigo, you are amazing. Just so you know.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16