Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Age of Restoration - Turn 22!  (Read 23658 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 10
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2009, 10:18:40 pm »

Just once since discovering the silver, actually. I'll add it in.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2009, 05:12:43 pm »

Spoiler: Crunch! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:03:11 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »

"Surely you can see the usefulness of this avenue of research," Amnarchis says. "Our tools may be crude now, but as they attain greater sophistication they should be able to take up more and more of the menial labor which keeps the city fed and supplied, freeing more of our people up to devote their time to higher pursuits."

"I don't see why you should need to seek my consent," Ramades replies levelly as he surveys his apprentices clearing a patch of woodland. He'd just finished designing a power-assisted saw pit to speed timber processing, and the spot was ideal for harnessing the river's energy. "You are the head of the Library, not I. Besides, as you can see I am already quite dedicated to the development of labor-saving devices. My preferences towards proven technologies should hardly seem questionable."

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2009, 01:39:10 am »

Richard watched in silent horror as jen looked over his notes. For a year, he had toiled over this project to not be put in some unconfortable postion (and not the good kind). He has has done so much, even lowering himself to physically work, all to avoid being hung by a hook in a place he would like to keep. He knew that he couldn't be killed for incompedence, but he would not be surprised if John found some way to either off him or put him through some sort of pain (physical, mental, or other).

Jen looked at the notes with interest. She wan't a farmer by any streach, but the research look solid, and the unneeded footnotes were kept to a minimal. Looks like Richard got to leave in one peice. Which is a bit sad. oh well, she has weapons to be made and soldiers to be trained.

"So..." Richard said, attempting to break the awqward silence "have you seen the little shrines that have been making this year?"

"I have" Jen answer as she started on some paper work. She was actually a regular at one shrine, but she keeps it a secret as everytime she tried to give the name of her god, people kept thinking she was worshiping a vegetable. "I have no idea why John would be OK with that." she paused "Where is fearless leader, anyway?"

In some back alley, off the main path, John sat cross legged in a small quite room. a shrine to some anthropomorphic fox was in front of him, probably some sort of god (or goddess, but John wasn't going to check) of trickery and theives. John was not a religious man, but he enjoyed the peace and quiet.

"Leader!"

But nothing lasts long. John was going to turn around and ask the man how he found him, but he could found that he could not find the right words when he saw what was in the man's hands. John was sure what it was, but it was shiny. Have something shiny, reguardless of what it was, was a good way of getting yourself cut up six ways from friday (despite that they don't have a calender yet), and this wasn't more evident as when John had a death grip on the man's throat.

"Where did you find this!?"

"In...the hills..." the man was able to croak before he passed out. With the object in hands, John knew what to do. He had to find more. Well, he had to hide what he had right now, but then he would find more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2009, 06:32:15 pm »

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Jericho

Asykos

Baneriant
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:56:22 pm by Vanigo »

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 11
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2009, 07:07:25 pm »

Whatever lingering tension there remained between the schools of thought represented by Amnarchis and Ramades dissolves in the face of the threat the raiders pose. The learned scholars of the New Library and the hard-headed engineers under Ramades pool their knowledge to erect a workshop to assist the construction of the defensive works that will be needed to protect the city. A few of the hardier citizens are sent up into the mountains, gathering much-needed stone and supplementing the city's food stores with fish. Meanwhile, the peoples' attitude towards the military workshops softens considerably as Arbelos and the other apprentices go to work producing as much military equipment as possible.

Spoiler: Crunch (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 07:28:35 pm »

Glrk'nr was in another meeting, with various goblins who represented certain factions in the goblin's society. It wasn't necessary for him to even listen to them, but there were less fools trying to kill him if he did act like he was interested in their well-being. Plus, there were occasionally good ideas thrown about, and it helped him keep track of the overly-ambitious.

"...And that's how it works. I believe we could increase our food production by 33%-50% by building water wheels along the river.

Glrk'nr nodded "Very good, begin construction on them at once."

Three more goblins began to speak. After giving the other two harsh kicks, only one remained: a veteran of the failed skirmish against the humans. "...Money. The more important goblins need more meat. The goblins doing more important jobs get more money, to buy more meat." The speaker was met with a hash, emotionless gaze from Glrk'nr "I...er...The military is the most important. They need more money, to buy more meat. If they have more money, more goblins will fight better. The weak humans will die easily before us goblins."

After a few more moments of silent staring, Glrk'nr sighed and gave in. "There is merit to your words. I'll meet with Kazastrugu later and have him figure something out."

After a few minutes of chaotic yelling amongst those gathered, one voice finally won out. "You should send out scouts to find out more of what caused all the disasters." Glrk'nr stared at him. "Yea. Find out what caused them so nothing like that happens again." Despite the continued staring, the oblivious speaker continued "If anything like that happened again, it'd be bad. Many of us would die."

Glrk'nr sighed in annoyance. "No. Just no. This meeting's over." Ignoring the crowd, Glrk'nr stalked off to find Xengbubukza. Sometimes the meetings worked, sometimes they were just an annoyance. Yelling at Xengbubukza to try harder to find more wolf pups would take the edge off his temper, then he could go torment the group of kids that had been found stealing glowing mushrooms.

(Edit - RP and numbers made to match. I hate changing my mind part-way through and forgetting to change something.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:13:49 am by Nirur Torir »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:34 pm »

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2009, 01:52:54 am »

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:18:03 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 12:55:41 am »

"How could this have happened!?" John roared at his advisors. Jen and Richard, as well as many faceless minions that work behind the scene, were there to face their leader's wraith. they were afraid of what he would do. Those who have lived through previous leadships knew that what their actions now was a life or death moment.

"Well," said a young worker "the crops had failed, and" but his explanation was cut short when John grabbed the nearest heavy object (Ragt'ich Law, by the Bandit King) was thrown at the poor sap, striking his face and shattering his nose. The others would be enraged to see one of the few sacred relics that they had be mistreated in such a way, but they were too awe struck and horrfied.

"Do you have any solution to this!?"

Richard spoke up, hoping that the next thing thrown would not be something sharp "We do, actually, the"

"Then what are you doing here!? GET TO WORK!" John yelled, and the mob proceed to scramble out of the room, a few trampled but none badly injured. Now alone, john calmed himself down, and slumped into his chair. He looked over to the book that he had thown, in a small puddle of blood. It did not seem to have take much damage, it's leather cover kept its holy pages safe.

"What would you have done?" He asked the book, but it, and the spirit of the bandit king, remained silent.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2009, 04:40:02 pm »

Mainiac is dropping out due to computer troubles, so I'll have the turn up today. Panda, you have until I finish to get your RP up. Lacking RP is not beneficial.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2009, 08:41:38 pm »

Neo-Tyrgani

Zefies

Zrlv

Asykos

Baneriant

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration - Turn 12
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »

Glrk'nr was talking to the three leaders. "Good job capturing the wolves. You know what to do now: learn how to train them to be ridden into battle. With them on our side, the coming battles will be filled with glorious victory.

When you get a moment, look at what the workers have done with the water wheel. It's quite fascinating. I think I'll order another one built."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2009, 04:00:47 am »

Also, if you could check my harvest numbers, that'd be good, because I may have messed them up... <_<;

Also, a key for all symbol meanings in the first post would be wonderful. :3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2009, 06:36:50 pm »

"ugh" said John, holding his gut as he wobbled back to his office. this had to be the 30th feast that he had been to all year, and he had to have gained at least 20 pounds from the constant partying. because of a small oversight by the builder of the granary, it wouldn't have been finished much later and by then most of the food would have spoiled. So they did what only came natural to them: waste it away in the most amusing way possible. With the excess food and use of some of the spice that wasn't getting much use, feast had become wide spread, John being the guest of honor at most of them.

Although the festivities have made many people happy, he say that those in the army had become bored, so he decided to give thim a mission to head north. Hope most of them are still in shape.

I hope i didn't screw somthing up

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:37:08 am by Luke_Prowler »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16