Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175320 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1590 on: September 01, 2011, 10:21:35 am »

Technically, your character is wearing pants, even though they aren't found within the game. Try sitting on a rubber chicken while naked.
So even while a succubus strips you and you 'lie in each other's arms' you are just dry humping?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 01, 2011, 10:52:07 am »

It is called a zipper.

The removal of pants is not strictly necessary for the adequately encouraged and intelligent individual.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 01, 2011, 01:09:45 pm »

Knights are a great newbie role: Excalibur
Excalibur has one bad effect - it's lawfulness and holiness irritates monsters. Monsters can track your position easier when you are wielding it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 01, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »

It does cause certain spoilers to be automatically hostile if you're wielding it, and I'm pretty sure all it does is make enemies know what square you're on even if they're blind/you're invisible.  They still have the ordinary combat penalties for being unable to see you.
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 03, 2011, 03:35:02 pm »

Guys. I'm trapped in a store. Heeelp.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was a good idea to test out some scrolls outside of the shop. One caved in the ceiling; I pushed the boulder to my left to get out. I didn't know there was a boulder in my position.
I have no pickaxe, and the only wand I have is magic missile. How do I get out?

I'm the farthest I've ever gotten; and as a tourist, no less. I found the sokoban path. I got past the first one on my own, but was very disappointed when I saw there were more. I looked on the wiki, saw there were four, and gave up. Sokoban is too haaard.

By the way, tourist is my new favorite class. They just stroll around the dungeon, and don't take crap from any monsters. I've made it many, many levels with only a Hawaiian Shirt and Leather Armor; walking shoes and a leather hat have recently been picked up for style. They're also surprisingly good with utility spells. My scrolls of mapping were taken by a damned water nymph, though. >:(

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 03, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

If you have money (or don't mind stealing) you could try those scrolls and wands and hope for teleportation or digging (on the BOULDERS, on his shop and you might as well kill yourself).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 03, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

That was the only plan I had. I think I have the money to pay for them. Last resort, I could just attack him - I'll either get everything in his store to try or have him kill me.
Is there a way to kill myself? I can't apply my weapon to myself, last I checked.

Would chucking potions at the rocks have any effect?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 03, 2011, 03:56:02 pm »

That was the only plan I had. I think I have the money to pay for them. Last resort, I could just attack him - I'll either get everything in his store to try or have him kill me.
Is there a way to kill myself? I can't apply my weapon to myself, last I checked.

Would chucking potions at the rocks have any effect?

Noo, don't attack him.
I think you can zap wands for a discount rate if you drop them in the shop when you're done.
You can also try to just run away if you can't even pay that.

And I doubt it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

If you do fight him and somehow manage to win, the shopkeeper has a wand of striking that you could use provided he hasn't emptied it or you have a scroll of charging.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 03, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »

You MAY be able to use the wand you have to smash the boulder. Alternately, you can take off 90% of your stuff and sneak by. I forget the exact limit, but if your basically naked, you can get past. Not sure how much you need to take off/drop though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 03, 2011, 08:14:40 pm »

Only wand of striking and force bolt spell can break boulders. You can drop everything you own (at the door or first square of the shop), and squeeze past the first boulder. Then you can push away the second one.

If you have slightly heavier items like armor, you have no chance of carrying it and squeezing past. You will have to find a pickaxe/wand of striking once you're outside.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 03, 2011, 08:49:42 pm »

Except you can't move diagonally out the door, so either way you're going to upset the shopkeeper if you can't destroy that boulder. (Assuming you want your stuff.)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: September 03, 2011, 09:27:49 pm »

From my dim memory, I *think* you can take off ALL your stuff and drop it in the shop entrance square (so you don't sell it) and naked squeeze past the boulder.  Then push it into the shop from the other side so you can grab your stuff...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 03, 2011, 09:32:36 pm »

But he can't get to the other side of the boulder. It's in a corner.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 03, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »

Ah now I see the picture - OK you can stand on the shop entrance square, throw all your nonbreakable stuff into the square of the boulder not in the doorway, naked squeeze directly east into that boulder square, and either push the 2nd boulder to the corner of the corridor or pick up your stuff again and throw it into the empty square beyond it.  Then when you find a pickaxe you can come back for the breakables if you think its worth it.   Or, from what I remember you can carry a LITTLE stuff and still squeeze past a boulder, so carry your best breakable stuff, or shuttle it all if you feel you have the time and patience...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 128