Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175310 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1605 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »

But he can't get to the other side of the boulder. It's in a corner.

As gimlet said, he doesn't need to. When you squeeze, you can occupy the same square as the boulder.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 03, 2011, 10:33:06 pm »

But can you push it from the same square?

EDIT: Oh yeah, pushing the second one and throwing all the stuff across the diagonal. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 03, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »

I'm guessing you can't (c)lose the door and then (k)ick it down, which would allow you to move diagonally through it. It will infuriate the shopkeeper though unless you immediately pay for it IIRC.

Don't worry about making the shopkeeper mad, he's tough, but not instantly game-ending, and chances are you won't need to return to that shop anyway.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 03, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »

The door reforms after a short time too, if I remember correctly, so don't stay too long.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 03, 2011, 11:39:28 pm »

I have never encountered that. Doors have always remained permanently broken in my experience.

I don't even think there IS a way to repair a door, except with the spell of lock door, which creates doors where there are none IIRC.

I could be thinking of another spell entirely though.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 04, 2011, 01:43:55 am »

Shop walls and doors will be repaired, as long as there's still a shopkeeper around.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2011, 08:47:41 am »

I honestly never knew that, despite all my play experience. I guess you learn something everyday.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 04, 2011, 09:29:53 am »

If you're still around Sokoban you're probably not strong enough to piss off a shopkeeper, especially if you're a tourist with no good offensive items.

Also, don't give up on Sokoban.  It's not hard, you get lots of rings and food, the treasure zoo has a lot of experience, you're all but guaranteed to find a unicorn in there somewhere and since it's no teleport it's an easy way to get a unicorn horn (I carry two at all times), and also there's a bag of holding/amulet of reflection in there.  The bag is essential, the amulet is all but essential unless you get a silver dragon scale mail.

Shoes...

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 04, 2011, 11:27:39 am »

Only wand of striking and force bolt spell can break boulders.

I believe one could also use stone-to-flesh on a boulder, and then eat it.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:14 am »

Only wand of striking and force bolt spell can break boulders.

I believe one could also use stone-to-flesh on a boulder, and then eat it.

The nutrition value of a huge hunk of meat is simply far too large for any character to eat. Pets can gobble it down in a single bite though, the gluttonous bastards.

Anyway, because hunks of meat aren't boulders anymore, you can walk straight over them.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 04, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »

fffffffffffff
I got out of the store. I dropped everything I owned and squeezed; moved the other boulder. I took everything I could and threw it diagonally. Except the potions. I threw one, realized my mistake, and threw the rest. Thus, I got out of the store with everything but my potions and a few things my dog ate.

Less than 100 turns later, I got turned into stone by touching a chickatrice corpse.

By the way, store doors can't be closed, I think. It kept resisting. I might have just had bad luck.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 04, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

fffffffffffff
I got out of the store. I dropped everything I owned and squeezed; moved the other boulder. I took everything I could and threw it diagonally. Except the potions. I threw one, realized my mistake, and threw the rest. Thus, I got out of the store with everything but my potions and a few things my dog ate.

Less than 100 turns later, I got turned into stone by touching a chickatrice corpse.

By the way, store doors can't be closed, I think. It kept resisting. I might have just had bad luck.
How much did you try? I know some doors have taken me a long time to open/close, way longer than they should have, at least. The RNG can do funny things, sometimes.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 04, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

Just a few times. I wasn't very determined, as it wouldn't do me any good.

Do zombies usually move in packs? I saw a group of about a dozen elf zombies down in a gnomish area. I figured it was best to run, so I didn't see how many there were exact.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 04, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »

Yeah there are certain enemies that always move around in packs. You will never see an ant by herself.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 05, 2011, 12:41:40 am »

I remember meeting these in a group...

Ants
Bees
Non-giant zombies
Rothes
Orcs
Soldiers
Elves
Manes
Coyotes
Wargs
Winter wolves

When you see rats/wolves in a big group, it's more likely summoned by a wererat/werewolf.

There're also special rooms that can be generated for leprechauns, ants and bees.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:43:23 am by kcwong »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 128