Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9831 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Your already allied with multiple rivals...

I vote no.

Has the game started, or are we just fleshing out mechanics?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

We're in pre-turn 1. you can't do much yet.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Er... so, since I was never answered (that I can recall), is it too late to join in on the test run?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Did you already post your company thing? If you didn't then yes, yes it is. if, however you have then you're already in.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I didn't, because I was never certain of whether I was too late to make one in the first place....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Ah. I think it's too late then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Damn it. D:
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Shouldn't we save schemeing to turn one and work on the mechanics?

How will faction death work?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New message!
Subject: LCAMC

Dear Sir/Madam/Sentient Algorithm

You are the CEO/Kingpin/Puppet-master of one of the largest corporations in today's world. No doubt you already have many contacts with us. You may also have tentative alliances/ownerships of companies such as Practical Quantum, Applied Relativity, New Semiconductors, Coca Cola, Advanced Alloys, EMCorp, SpaceSell, SpaceMove, SpacePower, SpaceDefense, or a host of our other puppets.
We are LCAMC, owners of the moon. We are the owners of Sally 2- No doubt many of your research facilities are powered by her. We are LSA, the disgraced giant.
We are the puppet master of the puppet masters.
Our technological tendrils reach throughout the solar system.
You use our products. You rely upon us.
As you can see, we are in a position of power.
I have been informed that humans do not take kindly to bribery.
Tough nuts.
In this coming age of FTL, we will pull the strings. You have a choice. Ride the tiger, or be eaten.
Will you ride?

[LOAD HUMAN PROTOCOL:CLOSE LETTER://we apologise for Sally's direct manner. She probably means it for the best, for all of us. She does what she must, because she can.]
SA-1176

---
Also, history. Many companies, little history.
So, timeline (Parts in italics are made up by me to make the timeline work)
Please add to or edit the timeline to fit with your company (Some dates related to companies (such as foundation) have been approximated.)
The goal of this timeline is to establish what happened when so that we can see what the relationship between companies is.

>2021: Foundation of GaiaCorp
>2024: First manned colony on the moon
>2025: Foundation of (L)SA
>2025: Foundation of CAN
>2026: Release of Sally 1
>2028: CAN releases first prototype (quantum) computers
>2028: Paul James starts a small zoo.
>2029: Foundation of HFS
>2031: Foundation of ACI
>2031: SA releases Sally 2
>2032: CAN owns 46% of semiconductor market, 86% quantum computer market
>2033: First colonies on mars- Equipment designed and built by GaiaCorp
>2035: Sinking of Australia? Sinking of Los Angeles?
>2037: HFS releases the Global Gene Library
>2039: ACI probes discover profitable iron veins and liquid water on Europa
>2040: First 'space war'- 7 die in sabotage of lunar colony.
>2040: Foundation of Defense Corp
>2041: Gravity Correctors invented.
>2042: SA renamed LSA, moving HQ to Luna.
>2048: Major breakthroughs in nanotechnology leads to CAN announcing their own nanotech work.
>2054: LSA creates Sally 3. Sally 3 is not sold to public, but used in lunar manufacturing plants.
>2055: LSA marketing blunder. Public opinion plummets.
>2064: CAN releases cheap zero-gravity crystals.
>2067: LSA creates Sally 4.
>2072: Corona incident. West coast of America experiences major blackout. China blamed until CAN took the blame.
>2085: LSA creates Sally 5
>2086: Breakout of a sentient virus causes mass panic throughout the solar system.
>2086: LSA announces shutdown. In reality the company is renamed LCAMC, and goes underground, using 'puppet' companies to sell products.
>2090: Baradwell Corporation is inherited by Nick Baradwell.
>2092: Devastating comet impact on earth. Much of the middle east devoid of life for years to follow.
>2092: New CEO of CAN performs semi-legal mutations upon staff.
>2093: CAN improves Quantum computing for first time in years.
>2094: Hefner equation solved, FTL travel predicted in next ten years.
>2095: CAN invents new hyperceramic techniques.
>2096: CAN perfects monopole magnet production.
>2096: First test of FTL Drive. Results in 20km gash on the moon.
>2096: CAN perfects carbon nanotube technology.
>2098:FTL Drive released
>2100: Present... who knows what will happen?
>2104: Turn 2.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:12:57 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Wow, you guys are good. This will be really epic if someone can keep a history of the first game? If possible I might make it cannon for later games!!! But yes, like i said, we have plenty corps, a little too many than I'd like, but we'll try. I plan to get the game running this Wednesday ok? We've basically finalised the rolling system.

As for the resources it'd be way to much of a strain on my... resources to include them. So we're keeping it at the simple level of YOU MINE MONEY. MAKE MONEY INTO BETTER MONEY. And SPEND MONEY.

That is all, stand by for update number #2 tomorrow.

p.s do you think i should open another thread for the actual game? Since it might get a bit confusing traversing 10 posts and all? So we'll keep this one as discussion and the other as the proper RP page?

Question - How will faction death work?
 Well basically your the company you are. Your everyone and everything basically. If your dude/dudette/something else dies, then its not all over. Someone else will obviously fill in. But since they're not the best anymore you'll have less bonuses. And your appealings (effective HP) will go down. The only way for a corp to acctually die is if it makes massive losses and/or the current government rule that your company can no longer continue.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:36:03 pm by Nilocy »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Well, using the converted value of your resources to abstract your possesions won't be a bad idea, since it isn't too bad an assumption that resources can be turned into money in a short timespan. That only leaves the distinction between resources, intermediates etc. and things like buildings and spaceships. I think these should be included in your proficiencies in the other fields, but they can be turned into money if needed. For example, selling of your research department in New York might give you a few million dollars, but it'll also cut down your R&D capacities by 25%.

Besides that, wouldn't going bankrupt effectively constitute death?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Yeah, that also. But its unlikely to ever happen.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Yeah, that also. But its unlikely to ever happen.

Have you been living under a rock for the last year or something? ;)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

This is the future! It doesn't work like that. Unless you acctually give away ALL your money theres not many ways of making your corp bankrupt...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Er... so, since I was never answered (that I can recall), is it too late to join in on the test run?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14