Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50445 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Situation Update.
« Reply #465 on: May 02, 2009, 12:58:04 am »

Strife gets an undisclosed amount of cash, which he tucks into a pocket.

"I'm not actually pursuing any security things at the current moment, I just can't talk about the stuff that I've done. Finding a residence wouldn't be a bad thing either, despite this coat's effectiveness as a blanket."

I get the feeling that something'll happen with this group. Find turning point, fight, next world. Let's go.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2009, 12:58:23 am »

(Are we headed towards the sitcom scenario anyway?)
((I have no idea. I thought sitcom won the vote. If it didn't, I change my vote to Sitcom!))
(Looks like that'll be the plan unless people have a problem with it.)
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 02, 2009, 12:59:45 am »

"Do you have enough to buy a residence? I sure as hell don't."
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2009, 01:28:45 am »

"As much as I'd love to produce more gold out of my pockets,"

I'd love to, really, but that wouldn't be a good idea. The goose who lays the golden eggs . . . Doesn't carry a M-15

"I have $400, and that's it. Aquzar, Duke, and or inaluct, how are you set for living arangments?"

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2009, 09:25:28 am »

Luke shruged. He did not hear much of the conversation, thanks to a combo of sleepiness, bad connection, and general noise. Note to self: get a cell phone with text.

"I didn't catch a lot of it. I think I may have heard the words 'pawn shop', '8th street', and 'Strife'. Does that last one ring any bells?"

Luke started drinking his beer, not as fast as Frelock did but still at a good pace. he wondered how the others got the name,  but if he had to guess, it was that stupid 'spy equipment" that the new kid bought. In his opinion, it doesn't count as spy equipment if you could buy the same thing from the toy department for half the price.

"We should probably leave now if we want to catch up to them"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 02, 2009, 12:47:37 pm »

Frelock breathed deeply, staring out the window.  A lot had run through his mind over the past few weeks, and he had come to a decision.  It hadn't been easy, giving up the life that he knew so well, but it had to be done.

"Luke," he said, "I don't think I'm gonna join you on this one.  In fact, I don't think I'll be joining you on any jobs from now on.  I'm just getting to old for this sort of thing.  Yea, I know I'm only 32, but all that I've done, it's aged me faster than anything else could.  After Patty died..." he swallowed the lump in his throat.  "After Patty died, I decided that I won't be going on these sort of jobs any more.  I don't think I could stand doing this much more.  I'm sorry, Luke.  You're still my freind, and a damn good one at that, but I don't think I can keep working with you guys.  I just want to settle down, and live the rest of my life quiet-like." 

After a moment of stunned silence from his freind, Frelock said, "you should probably get going.  Tell Cheetar that I'm off the team."  With that, he turned around, and walked into his bedroom, closing the door behind him, and leaving Luke in a mild state of confusion.

((I'd like to note, I'm NOT leaving Chaos point, just setting up for an interesting plot twist in terms of my character, which will happen shortly after Luke leaves.))
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2009, 04:22:10 pm »

(How did you get Strife's location? Is this pawn shop bugged?)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »

[All will be explained]

Luke just stood there in the room for a while, letting what he heard sink in. Part of him want to convince Frelock not to quit, but he knew that there would be no point in that. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the right words. Luke turned and walked out, still speechless. Now he had to figure what to tell the others.

8th street wasn't very far from where Frelock lived, but it still seemed like a long walk to Luke. When he did get there, he looked around, spotting the Pawn Shop, a few nameless buildings...and a van with the words "Building Labor Union" drawn on it's sides.

They couldn't have pick something a little less obvious?

Luke walked to the back of the van, and gave it three quick knocks followed by two slow ones. "Password?" he heard someone call from inside.

"I'm going to rip out your throat"

"Come in" and Luke heard the doors unlock. Luke opened them up, half-expecting Wimdit to be hunched over a 007 style personal hearing device and cheetar with a pen and pad in his hands and a grilled cheeze (great imitation cheese, you won't even know the difference!) sandwich in his mouth. What he found was a van filled with equipment, with a CIA agent manning the controls with the other two helping. Cheetar still had a cheese sandwich, so not totally off.

"You didn't tell me the CIA was in on this" Luke told Cheetar, who gave a shrug in responce. "So what's the situation?"

The agent informed the others "We have reason to believe that the pawn shop in question is selling illegal goods. Weapons, drugs, things like that"

"and who is this Strife fella?"

"Considering the conversation he had, he may be a supplier, a buyer, or a not-so-innocent bystander."

"why do you guys need our help?"

"It's possible the local mob is supplying them, and we don't want to get involve. That's were your team comes in"

"Oh joy. Alright, here's the plan: I'll intercept Strife, and when I have him to a safe distance, you two go in"

"Hey" Cheetar said, taking the sandwich out of his mouth "I'm the leader, so I make the plans...we'll go with your plan."

"Lets do this" Luke finished, and tried to exit, but before he could excape, the one question he hope to avoid was asked by Wimdit

"Where's Frelock?"

Luke let out a sigh, and responded "He's not working with team BLU anymore" and left, heading for the pawn shop.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 07:35:34 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 02, 2009, 07:32:02 pm »

"Does anyone other than me have an opinion here? Or should I dictate plans for everyone?"

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 02, 2009, 08:17:10 pm »

"I'm broke, as I said, but cheerfully armed. I have a snap-rifle, and a beautiful knife. Skilled with both. I could get some money tonight, if none of you have a place to stay."
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 02, 2009, 08:29:45 pm »

"My therapist says I'm not allowed to have opinions on things."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 02, 2009, 08:30:31 pm »

"I'd rather not . . ."

Strife starts to slide awkwardly toward the door.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 02, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »

Little follows Strife, smiling.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »

Inaluct moves between Strife and Little and whispers to Strife;

"Dude, you can't just LEAVE; you said you'd take that girl to dinner. It's rude. Look. She's following you."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 02, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »

"Pardon? Too many years of firing without hearing protection."

I don't even know how many now. Damn.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 46